HowTo: MOC Tutorials

Oh I see, Denmark the bonkle. Hail Denmark :loudspeaker:

12 Likes

Here are a 2 cool tricks tgat I have found. The build on display is not suposed to look good, it’s just to show of these tricks.

You can useuse Ferno’s head up-side-down to have a small version of the mask of shadows… kind of.

You can also use the skull spiders as shoulder pads (but some of the other masks are to loose to be used.)

So those are 2 tricks I have found out about. If you have any you want to share, this is the place to do that.

6 Likes

The second trick is well known at this point.
The first one is great.

Shouldn’t this go in moc how tos?

3 Likes

That’s a thing!? Good to know. Thanks for the feedback, by the way.

1 Like

The mask of shadows thing in kinda cool but i lack fernos helmet.
And we do have a topic for things like this called “how to moc” i believe that these tricks fall into its category.

1 Like

uh… I’ve now the furno thingy for like… 5-6 years, there are even mocs that use that design

7 Likes

Does anyone know how to make a nuva style chest for inika sized builds?

1 Like

Personally, the inverted Furno helmet looks more like a Kakama or a Vahi to me (especially in the face), but I can see the Kraahkan vibe now as well.
That little nub at the end sort of also makes it seem more beaver or woodchuck-like if you stare at it long enough.

1 Like

cough Axonn cough

8 Likes

Axonn’s more of a modified Piraka build, though.
Not saying it couldn’t work, mind you, just that the design might need to be altered a bit to look good.

2 Likes

how to make fem-MOCs? (without objectifying and unrealistic proportions)

1 Like

The “rules” of making a female MOC that wont get trashed/ has realistic proportions:

• Stay away from Nuva boobs, Maybe use one as a chest piece but two is usually over kill
  • Keep the abdomen wide. (depending on the size of the MOC 3 studs and up is usually the way to go.)
  • The shoulders should only be a bit wider then the waist.
  • Use rounded and curved pieces, but do not go over board.

Obviously these rules aren’t set in stone.
They’re just useful guidelines in my opinion.

5 Likes

Honestly, what really matters are the proportions; if you keep everything relative to the rest of the build and try not to exaggerate too much, then you should be fine. Also, keep in mind that many different body types do exist, so you shouldn’t automatically avoid using a specific piece if you can justify its look on a particular character either.
For example, one of my MoCs from 2006 (I prefer to buy new pieces instead of cannibalising my older stuff, which is why I have, like, 76 different figures chilling out in my closet) straight up uses Metru heads and the two silver Avohkiis from Teridax to represent the chest area, but to put things in perspective, she’s also a fairly large Titan who I built to be very thick and muscular as well (her lower abs are essentially a Rahkshi’s Kraata case, and apart from her colors, she sort of resembles a taller version of Axonn), which gives her more of an Overwatch Zarya look instead of what some of you were probably originally visualising upon reading the first half of this extremely long sentence. So instead of purposefully avoiding certain designs, what you should really be focusing on is how to make them work realistically within the concept and context of the figure itself.

5 Likes

could we see pictures?

1 Like

Can anyone show easily modifiable custom limbs for an Okotan sized build?

1 Like

CCBS is good, but not custom. You could try system based limbs, those can turn out well.

1 Like

I would, but I don’t really have pieces to transition from technic to system without it looking weird.

1 Like

What connections and dimensions are you working with?

I’m trying to make something around the size of an Okotan, maybe a bit bigger, connected by either ball joints or technic pin/axle connections.

What is the overall look you’re going for?