HowTo: MOC Tutorials

Pretty simple, but I like it.

6 Likes

It looks like CallanLoF’s design.

Really? I’ve watched like 4 of his vids so I wouldn’t know. The shell with the fingers is pretty widely used though.

2 Likes

Oh… Well he use this design for his Matoran self-moc.

2 Likes

That’s a nice, simple design, but I was hoping for something bigger…Thanks though!

1 Like

I recently was putting some parts away and some parts got stuck together an it looks like it could be an interesting head or some part of armor

Once the two parts are together attaching the shell pushes the mask forward and locks in decently.

9 Likes

Man, now that’s a pretty lucky find eh?

2 Likes

its funny how these things just randomly happen sometimes.

1 Like

After I made the original Echo V.2, I started making more mocs based around it. I want to see what other people an do with the design and make there own so I wanted to make instructions for the “default” model for others to work off of.

Step 1: the arms
Here’s what you will need of one arm:

(Note that I’m making the right arm)

you will need to flip the 1:2 clip peice upside down to make the left hand.

Attach the fingers to the hand and then the hand to the wrist.

Do this again but Mirrored for the other arm.

Step 2: the legs

Make sure the ball socket clip is lined up like so:

The foot design belongs to @Alieraah.

Build another one for the other leg.

Step 3: head

You can swap out different peices to create different looking heads.

Step 4: body

Push the two Horidika necks down a bit and they’ll “lock” into place.

The axle here is a ‘5 long.

Use axle pins to attach the gunmetal peice. I just forgot to take pictures.

Finally, attach the head and limbs like so.

The base design is very customizable and I’ve already made several mocs in the series that I’ll be posting in the future. Like I said earlier, the reason I wanted to make a how-to for it is because I wanted to see people make similar mocs and maybe get a community thing going. I look forward to seeing what people can do with it.

40 Likes

Wow! That feminine torso will definitely help me! Thanks!

1 Like

This is pretty good, I may just build one and see it goes.

I look forward to seeing it.

2 Likes

Could I steal the hand design?

2 Likes

Ok, one, this is amazing! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I mean, I kinda built one of these heads a while ago so… XD!
But the rest of the instructions are perfect! Been trying to complete the rest for a bit now! Thanks!

And two, where did you get that stand?

1 Like

All I can think of when I see these guys are the robots from Saga.

@Jakanader go ahead.
@KAI_BORG I look forward to seeing what you come up with. The stands are from the Armor Girls Project Gore Magala that I picked up a while back.

1 Like

Ah thanks, might (probably) going to get one of those. Also, ey! I can’t wait to see what I make myself! (Gonna have to go through my parts and see what I got too! XD)

1 Like

Hand design is good here.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this, and putting the time in to do it right. Many times I am disappointed by tutorials. But yours is at an elite level.

Can you tell me Lego’s part name for that piece the thumb clips onto? I’ve wanted to order some of those on BL but I can’t find them.

2 Likes

I don’t know what it is called.