ICARAX The Definitive Edition

Update happy July 4th 2023! To celebrate I have a new update on Icarax! Icarax The Final Design Update: So! this is the final update and finalization of his design, before was just the stepping stones to get to this essentially. I added basically everything I ever wanted to add to him and changed things around for better appearance and function and he is now 11.8 inches tall after the update and I filled in the gaps in the armpit armor finally, also added some red to the back of the legs. The waist articulation is much much better than last post and is much sturdier, the ball joint at the back allows now the back part to move with the waist, he also has better forward and back crunch and side to side bend, better hip function as well. Aesthetic changes: new spikes for the arms and thighs, and ankles, added an articulated spike system at the shoulders to move with the arms when posing as well as making the shoulder look more cohesive and look more like part of the shoulder armor. The neck guard was changed for better appearance and color of neck piston changed to red instead of black, as well as a bar that goes through the neck piston now for a more “Terminator Endoskeleton” look lol. Lastly a few spikes on the back and waist were added as well and new waist/hip design to allow for the rubberized joint extension to work for the tighter waist articulation. Also a new mace! I hope you like this final design update! It’s not the last post of Icarax just the last body design update, there will be more weapons and other versions in the future but this one is finished finally after 5 years of tinkering, I wanted it finished ASAP for the official instructions I’m making, so far it’s a quarter completed and very detailed and thorough, so look forward to that and happy 4th of July! Gathered friends! I give to you my new and improved articulation Icarax! So I never mentioned before but he never could bend his knees beyond a 45 degree angle, nor sit on his throne without removing parts on his back of the legs, nor could he bend his ankle forward period or backwards very far. Well now he can! He can get a full knee bend and move his ankle in every direction with the much more complicated system I put in place using technic bars and separate sections that move independently when articulating instead of the entire foot being one piece so to speak. A new tread like system to the back of the legs which improves knee bend, which also gives the leg better proportions as an added bonus. I also did a scene where Icarax and Vamprah and Gorast do battle. I hope you like the update!
This is my version of Makuta Icarax, This character has been redesigned to encompass what I wanted to see in him but I also wanted him close to the original, he has a shield,sword,claw and interchangeable wings, a collapsed pair and a full pair and dragon set. I have the dragon pair on the red one right now. He is the exact height as the original and made up of 542 parts. He comes with joints that are unhindered and can achieve every pose allowed with ball joints and hinges, the original had a rotating blade, now his shield, it has a hinge and rotation. The claw which used to be his left hand and now an attachment is able to unfold, open and close and collapse back on itself and you can bring just one half of the claw down to use as a wrist blade. It’s been a long time, but I wanted to share with you something I have been working on for over a year now and it is finally complete and all done and that is and was creating a shapeshifted Great Mask of Scavenging, so I did the design and 2D artwork and a great mask maker did the 3D modeling and created a shapeshifted Great Mask Of Scavenging! Last note: I always imagined Icarax’ voice would be The Heretic Leader from Halo 2 if anyone was wondering my opinion on the matter haha. Also https://www.instagram.com/powers0016/ has more photos! Let me know what you think!!! Final Version beyond this point:

New waist articulation Version beyond this point:

No waist articulation Version beyond this point:

Old version beyond this point:

148 Likes

Glorious.

6 Likes

That is a Makuta, more Makuta-y than any Makuta to have Makuta’d.

14 Likes

Yup, this is definitely the definitive edition. This is so dang cool.

6 Likes

Those wings are so cool! And the sword is amazing! Nice work!

3 Likes

This has to be one of my favorite set revamps.

4 Likes

this looks really good

2 Likes

Perfectly bulky, imposing, and intimidating, just as Icarax should be!

Great work with this! New headcanon!

4 Likes

This is so amazing and just well done!!

2 Likes

Finally! It’s how I always wanted Icarax to look! Amazing.

2 Likes

Really digging this. The hands are so clutch. I don’t think I’ve ever seen them built that way before. And the way the spread wings look in the last few pics is freakin incredible.

2 Likes

I would love to get a closer look at them. Please @ me when you post them so I can be sure to check ‘em out.

2 Likes

That’s a weird coincidence.

3 Likes

I’m working on a M.O.C that’s quite a bit like this, except bigger and not as good

2 Likes

This was posted August 1st, the same day as our project’s Icarax (same name, different character).

2 Likes

Who knows lol

2 Likes

The head seems to be posed awkwardly in a lot of the pictures, and makes it seem too tall and disproportional to the body. Could perhaps angle the mask some so it isn’t almost vertical?

2 Likes

9.5/10 Menacing as this evil Makuta should be

2 Likes

Wow! That is awesome! Incredibly good MOC, but why is he looking down in all these photos?

2 Likes

Hey, that’s pretty good!

Seriously though, that’s great.

2 Likes