If you could cancel a LEGO theme, what would that be?

You don’t have any proof for that. But I do have proof for the ones I stated above. G2 was the only original theme we know for sure that actually flopped.

Znap didn’t do so well, and while this is low hanging fruit, Galidor lost Lego a lot of money.

5 Likes

Listen, I love original themes but the fact that Pharaoh’s Quest, Alien Conquest, Power Miners, Agents, Dino (2012), Dino 2010/Dino Attack and Atlantis only lasted a year kind of shows something, doesnt it? That combined is less than Star Wars!

Hmm, I think I can argue against that, LEGODavid please step forward to argue against LEGODavid

@LegoDavid

3 Likes

Castle has a lot more potential than you give it credit for.

Oh yeah; I’ve picked up several figure packs because they’re practically block compatible action figures.

Honestly I’d love if they’d release the big 3 slashers or some horror characters; maybe even mecha like Gundam.

2 Likes

That wasn’t because they didn’t sell, that was the way they were going at the time: made short-lasting themes instead of focusing on "big bang’ themes like they do nowdays. They made all those short themes and then shortly the replaced them with something else. So just because a theme was short-lived doesn’t mean it didn’t sell.[quote=“TheMOCingbird, post:194, topic:46770”]
Galidor lost Lego a lot of money.
[/quote]

Galidor was licensed[quote=“TheMOCingbird, post:194, topic:46770”]
Znap didn’t do so well
[/quote]

This is probably the only “original” (I say “original” because it was actually just a K’nex rip-off) that we know for sure that didn’t sell.

Oh, I thought it was just a Lego theme they made a show of. But, the show was partially funded by Lego, so I’m not sure if I would technically call it licensed.

1 Like

Yeah, But it’s classified as licensed on Wikipedia (at least last time I have checked it out)

Harry Potter.
Brickheads
Friends.

Elves was already canceled

Thanks for the heads up

I’m fairly sure this is done for now, at least until the next fantastic beasts comes out.

Sadly, new sets are confirmed for the summer.

1 Like

YES!
That’s awesome!
(I’m sorry, I really like the sets.)

That’s ok.
As far as I’ve seen they will be moslty remakes of the early 2000 years sets.

Anyway is there a topic of “What theme would you bring back if you could?”

2 Likes

Hm
Not yet.

Can someone make one?

I want back My Racers, Orient Expedition and Exo-Force.

1 Like

I just did.

1 Like

Much Gratitude.

1 Like

I have no issue with this, the Harry Potter sets are usually fantastic.

And I still need Hogwarts Castle in my life