If you could cancel a LEGO theme, what would that be?

Though why it feature the clone gunner outside of the walker I’ll never understand.

2 Likes

That was a really good one. I had two, yet I have lost half of my clones by this point.

I haven’t seen iron man 3 lol

2 Likes

I had this one as a kid, and I loved it.

Honestly I like the new movies a lot too, (especially TLJ) though I’ve got low expectations for Rise Of Skywalker. I don’t want to see the series fail, I just wish it didn’t have the kind of disproportionate cultural pull it does, to the point that smaller properties suffer massively in competition with it.

Well, I definitely have my fingers crossed that that is indeed what’s happening.

3 Likes

Honestly, I’m the same way

As long as Overwatch and Marvel aren’t the ones getting hurt, I’m cool with it. Those are pretty much the two themes I still buy from until LEGO gives the Prequels and Clone Wars some more love.

1 Like

Does that even matter? It’s exactly the same.Just replace the satelite dish or whatever and you have an OT one.

I mean, here is an example:
The AT-DP released in 2014:

And the one released this year:

I don’t know about you, but aside from the minifigures they include, I can’t really see any difference between them.

4 Likes

Here’s the difference, the new one sucks.

3 Likes

Slightly bulkier turret, and the legs are plated differently.

Yeah, the feet are more accurate, and the roof is built differently, and it’s probable that there are differences we can’t even see.

But, sure, there are a few nearly exact repeats.

1 Like

75043 and 75234 are released five years apart but were both sold at 59.99 USD, which is pretty remarkable considering how inflation and price increases usually take effect in Star Wars. The AT-AP is an odd choice to remake in such a short time period, but LEGO must have a particular reason to put this model on the shelves again.

1 Like

It is a cool set, and if you missed it the first time, you can get it the second.

I wonder what LEGO’s obsession with Kashyyk is, though. We haven’t even gotten an Acklay set, but we’ve gotten Kashyyk sets rather frequently. Also, none of them are the Wookie Catamaran, so I don’t know what’s up with that either, it looked like a cool set the first time they made it.

1 Like

There’s also one from 2008

Which is significantly different from the first two.

Because it’s a relatively cheap and stable walker. AT-ST and other bipedial walker’s are inherently unstable, because it would have to constantly readjust its self to stay upright. Which obviously bricks can’t do, and no kid want’s to play with a walker that can’t stand up on it’s own. They could bulk up the legs, but that would take away form the look of the set. Larger quadrupedal walkers, like the AT-AT (110$) or Hexapedeial walkers like the AT-TE are more stable, but more parts intensive, making it hard to sell at a somewhat lower price point (90$). a three legged walker like the AT-AP Is stable, and is less parts intensive then the bigger ones. At least, that’s how I interpret it.

2 Likes

The AT-AP is great, don’t do this to me

They can stand up, it’s just in essentially one position. Which is a reason the First Order AT-ST was such a bad set: it had no top weight for its massive legs, which didn’t work out very well for its balance. At least, that’s my theory. Anyways, I personally really enjoy the walker sets, as I enjoy the walkers, so I’m relatively biased.

Best walker

Stable, typo. I like it too.

Yeah, which is no fun for kids, if they can only have it stand straight, and not in action poses.

Diddo

1 Like

BADA BING BADA BOOM I RESSURECT THIS TOPIC FROM ITS DOOM!

Monkie kid needs to die in an ever-burning fire

2 Likes

Uhm… Why? Monkie Kid is a solid line IMO.

I don’t like it. It’s too much like nexo nights now. They could’ve made something really cool, with actual chinese culture in it, but it really is just nexo nights in china. @LegoDavid what’s solid about it?

2 Likes

Is it really Nexo Knights though? And if it was, is that a bad thing?

1 Like

It’s just that having casltes and vehicles with some glowy parts is getting repetitive. If their not careful with all those trans pieces mark my word, Denmark is coming.

3 Likes