If you could cancel a LEGO theme, what would that be?

As for recently I feel LEGO has focused most of their products to AFOLs. LEGO is a toy, and toys are for kids, and if adults like them too, then the better. But making LEGO for adults knowing that they can spend more money than a kid can isn’t the way to go in my opinion. Since when has LEGO became a Toy for Adults?

1 Like

Since it became more than a toy.

Ok, but that doesn’t mean they should do themes which are non-kid friendly. With OverWatch… I wouldn’t be surprised if we get something like Counter Strike soon enough…

I would. Overwatch is fun and cartoony, with lasers and some mild blood and cursing. It takes place in the future, so the guns are quite unrealistic.

This subject deserves its own topic, methinks.

1 Like

Because Lego is going to decide that this is ok to do.

/s

3 Likes

Good counter arguments, lol

1 Like

I have to say that I like the Overwatch sets, because they aren’t just for kids. I hope that we will get a second wave.

At first I thought I would cancel ninjago but I like the legacy sets. They are a bit nostalgic :slight_smile:
Lets see how the next wave is.

I would also like to see a return of bionicle but for an older target Group. Creepier monsters, more like the barraki. And more complex characters and constructions.

3 Likes

They’ve been releasing large scale sets that most children wouldn’t buy for a while now, think the architecture or some of the more advanced technic sets that are cars or construction machinery. Something that most children won’t end up purchasing as they’re more collector value or highly complicated.

Is it a problem if some sets are marketed to adults? It just expands the range of demographic.

2 Likes

HEY!

Not really, Episode IX sets are unreleased, VII sets and II sets are different and the last B-Wing was from 2014!

Star Wars has run for 20 years, 10 isn’t all

What if it sells? What if it totally breaks the bank and makes millions a year?

Not really, Brickset have made countless lists of sets that could be made

Mission Impossible don’t have new movies out

Too bad, I killed you :smile:

And I’d cancel Ninjago, it was good but now it’s bland

I think NinjaGo’s success speaks more to the writing behind the show than the sets themselves. I don’t think kids are interested in another ice bike for Zane for the build, but it’s because it’s a character they’ve fallen in love with through the eight years of shows.

While the sets have always been sort of bland (minus the movie sets), the story is not, and for that fact alone, it deserves to continue.

A mod and he’s on a topic, without closing it? The worlds gone made!/s
I mean the story feels kinda boring now though, every other theme that I would cancel was cancelled last year

Totally disagree. The last two seasons (SoG and Hunted) are arguably the best continuous story NinjaGo has told, playing off the past seasons before it using the lore, call backs, and character histories to weave an emotional, dramatic, and thrilling story.

After the slump NinjaGo went through the last couple years with Day of the Departed, Hands of Time and the movie, it’s great to have it hitting home runs. The future of the theme has never looked brighter.

3 Likes

Your probably right, I gave up on the show a while ago and don’t care for it much anymore

Seasons 1-9 are on Netflix. Perfect for binging.

Season 9 I actually enjoyed for more than just my nostalgia and love of LEGO. Harumi is great.

2 Likes

Well there was Mission Impossible Fallout last year, and it turned out to be an amazing success. But, yeah, in time I chnaged my mind, I no longer want M:I sets now honestly. :confused:

We have seen how TLJ failed and made many fans quit the franchise. And Solo had an amazingly low performance. And all the time we get just a few sets based on the newest movie and than no more (Seriously, we haven’t gotten anymore Rogue One sets since 2017)
So if let’s say episode IX comes out and it fails even harder than TLJ, so hard that even kids don’t like it, will they buy the newest sets based on that movie? I honestly doubt that. While I can’t guarantee this will happen to Star Wars, it certainly has happened with themes like The Lone Ranger and Prince of Persia.[quote=“MistikaFan, post:158, topic:46770”]
Not really, Brickset have made countless lists of sets that could be made
[/quote]

That is because LEGO keeps remarking the same sets every year instead of making those that Brickset has made countless lists of.[quote=“MistikaFan, post:158, topic:46770”]
And I’d cancel Ninjago, it was good but now it’s bland
[/quote]

I agree with what @prentice1215 and @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister have said. While the sets have always been kinda bland, the story has certainly improved over time, almost reaching the quality of the Story of Bionicle, and being regared by many as the only true successor to Bionicle

I would cancel LEGO CITY and being back LEGO WORLD CITY.

2 Likes

YES!!! World City was so much better than normal City, which is way to repetitive. I am totally with you dude!

Just wanna remind ya boys that World City and City are essentially the same theme. Basically every set from the former has seen some sort of equivalent in the latter.

9 Likes

Is it perhaps that Lego city ran much longer, as @TheOnlyGuyWhoLikesMistika pointed out, Lego City had way more sets.

Had Lego world city run as long it would have repeated.

1 Like