If you could cancel a LEGO theme, what would that be?

Hidden Side

True, but still I would like City to become more like World City now rather than continuing to repeat itself.[quote=“Traykar, post:171, topic:46770, full:true”]
Hidden Side
[/quote]

Ok, the sets were not even oficially revield by LEGO, and you want to get rid of it already… Why?

Alright lemme put it this way:

You have three different apples. They all look and taste identical to one another. If you were to eat any one of the three apples, you wouldn’t be able to tell which apple is which; the only thing making any one apple different from another is from you feeling like that apple is subjectively different when, in fact, it is in almost every sense of the word identical to the other two.

That’s essentially the Town/World City/City triad. They all are basically the same theme, focusing heavily on specific occupations you’ll find in any town or city. City might feel repetitive, sure, but keep in mind this isn’t a new issue. Town rehashed Police/Fire sets for literal decades and if World City had the chance to do the same it probably would’ve too. In short, adding the word “World” to City isn’t gonna change much. You’ll still have the same theme, just with slightly different branding.

9 Likes

Well… This slightly different branding might be the actual thing I want…

So you would be okay with repetition if the set line had a different prefix every time?

I would like City to be more like World City for a little bit, and when that gets repetitive, you can just come back to the normal City

But if world city was like city, what’s the difference? You want the thing that you don’t like thats the same as the thing you do to be more like the thing you do like?

That doesn’t make sense.

3 Likes

I could agree with Marvel but DC is awful. It gets more Batman-ized every year.It is actually just Batman and some kind of “partner” of his. You rarely see a set without batman nowadays.

1 Like

I kind of agree on Batman being overused but the partner and the enemy he’s fighting are cool

Sometimes

I think older DC sets were better

1 Like

Lame sets, no full ghost minifigures. The fact that the whole thing relies on a phone app.

I, for one, actually really like the sets

I think it’s cool how the minifigure is crossed between normal and ghost.

I bet most people who would buy those sets won’t even bother trying the app.

1 Like

The line just isn’t doing it for me.

Just like with the tr RID toys I’ll probably decide to check it out then after a day or two forget all about the app until I finally delete it.

1 Like

I know this is old, but,

this is already the case, and I really don’t mind.

I don’t mind either, licenses are the future and they are money, as much as I enjoyed inhouse themes

Except the fact that you don’t buy LEGO’s new products as much as the old ones.

Let’s not forget how many of them resulted in complete failures. Angry Birds Movie, Lone Ranger, Prince of Persia etc were complete disasters in terms of selling just because they were based on movies that didn’t perform great either.
I watched Nick on Planet Ripple’s latest Lego Rewind were Eljay was actually the main guy talking, were he looked back at “Dragons” an old retired Mego Blocks theme:
(Skip to 2:10 for reference)

I was shocked to see how cool this Mega Blocks theme actually was, that heck, It sparked my interest in becoming a Mega Blocks Fan! But nowdays Mega Blocks is almost 100% licenced and look what has become: Just a almost completely irrelevant toy brand. If licenses are indeed to future for LEGO, than I tell you, it would become nothing but a completely irrelevant toy brand, that has nothing to stand out compared to other toy brands. Mega Blocks has already been ruined by this mistake. I don’t want it to happen the same to LEGO. A lot of licenses might not necessary bankrupt the company, but it would sure do one thing: make it irrelevant.
So if you think that sounds like a bright future, than it’s your choice. Slowly more and more people will abandon LEGO, and it would be just a regular, irrelevant, toy brand, that nobody except the kids will care about.

Excuse me, but, what? You don’t what I buy, so how can you assume that? Most Lego sets that I buy are actually Lego star wars sets, so what you said just isn’t true. I’m really confused about that.

On another note, [quote=“LegoDavid, post:190, topic:46770”]
Let’s not forget how many of them resulted in complete failures
[/quote]

I actually think there were more non-licensed failures than licensed failures, but I would need to look more into that to really claim that for sure.

EDIT: Also, I owned some of those dragons sets, they were cool, but the figures were super brittle. As @Holi said, their newer figures are far better.

3 Likes

Uh…no, mega contrux is anything but irrelevant, and is doing strong, along with innovating incredibly since dragons. Just look at the figures for this

5 Likes