Illegal Building Techniques

I get what you’re saying, but I also don’t want to unduly stress my 1 to 1/2 pin connectors. I want 'em to last a while, even with semi-regular play.

4 Likes

How many do you have? If you’ve got dozens, don’t worry about breaking some.

1 Like

I thought that I had a huge amount of pressure in one joint in Kardymis’ torso, which I was really worried about. But when I took it apart to make a modification, I saw that it was actually just a weird angle and it had no pressure in it… So you can actually have some strange angles without high pressure or illegal techniques.

4 Likes

Not sure if this is legal. Seems as though the dimple was molded that size intentionally since it’s the only way to attach a zamor to something.

6 Likes

What even is that

4 Likes

It’s one of those small pulley wheels that came with airplanes and hoverboats. The technique allows one to attach a zamor to something to use it as a decoration.

3 Likes

Can’t imagine what that “something” could be…

I don’t think that the zamor was ever intended to be connected to anything though.

2 Likes

I think it was. There’s actually a whole group on Flickr devoted to using zamors in creative and interesting ways. I’ll leave a link, check it out!

3 Likes

Holy jesus…

That frog is piloting a space rover!

13 Likes

I use rubber bands and putty often. Sometimes it helps, but sometimes I become to reliant on them.

1 Like

Does wedging tire pieces into CCBS limbs count?

3 Likes

Yes; stresses the tire when you take it in and out of the socket

2 Likes

Was their a time were Lego legalize a Technique again?

3 Likes

Sorry, what? :confounded:

3 Likes

I think the four sided one is asking if Lego has ever “Relegalized” a technique.

Or maybe just legalized in the first place.

3 Likes

In a sense, yes. Sometimes they re-mould parts and make it so that they have stronger tolerances then they did in the past. Clip pieces are a prime example of this. Current LEGO clip pieces are strong enough to fit onto tiles without them breaking. So in a sense, that technique has been “legalized”.

10 Likes

Oh my god the tiny minifigs

how
when

7 Likes

*nanofigs

4 Likes

Same thing

2 Likes

Here

2 Likes