Introduce Yourself!

Welcome to the boards!

I guess I should introduce myself, I’m PahrakStudio03.

I have been a Bionicle Fan since 2001 as I was the target demographic for the line! (I was 11) however my attentions were mostly focused on Star Wars at the time. The First time I saw a Bionicle Set was at Meijer, the Toy Isle price check dude had Pohatu standing on his computer. (yeah, I’m so old price check wasn’t automated back then…)
anyway, I thought it was so cool cause his eyes appeared to light up from my vantage point. All I could afford at the time was a Turaga set so I got Nuju which at the time was super cool to me. After getting some McToran and Turaga Matau, my first Toa was Gali. I was so excited about finally getting a Toa but then my friend told me Gali was the “girl one” and as an 11 year old boy I was a little disappointed about that lol. I got the rest of the toa for Christmas though! so that was good.

ok enough rambling on about my Bionicle life story! haha

10 Likes

Nice, welcome!

1 Like

My brother and I have been Bionicle fans for years, but he has left Galidor and Lego Knights Kingdom to me. Bionicle is something I’ve struggled with, so I love finding creative ways to incorporate other niche lego series. I love older lego, especially early castle and pirates.

Gorm will restore Kek to its former glory.

8 Likes

Glad to meet a fellow Galidor fan!

2 Likes

Hey Optimus Priminski, My story is quite similar! I found the TTV channel on YouTube a few years back, and I joined the TTV message boards so I could talk to people about my MOC’s and about Bionicle without being hounded around by my older brother.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Well, my brother is active on TTV as well

2 Likes

Um, hello? I assume this is where I introduce myself. My BZPower profile has info about me. I’ve know about this place for years now, It just hadn’t occurred to me that I could make an account. I think I first heard about TTV 6 years ago, saw all the top 10s and really liked them. I still haven’t listened to any podcasts yet :confused: I promise I’ll get around to it!

6 Likes

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay just don’t double post/s

Howdy, what’s up, and howsit?! Welcome to the dumpster fire, we are the dumpster fire. /s

1 Like

Thanks, life’s good. Is everyone in the dumpster fire 2 meters apart? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Meters are intangible.
in 'Merica we use our Footsies. lol :joy:

2 Likes

Hello I’m new… I’m a bionicle fan

6 Likes

New here? Or new to Bionicle?

Regardless, welcome to the crew!

1 Like

I have been a bionicle fan for years, but I have not goten involved with the community until now. And thank you.

3 Likes

My name is Edvin and I’m from Sweden. Found TTV from Eljay’s Recap Reviews on Youtube. A long time Bionicle fan who has been folowing almost everything Bionicle related from screen (Never actively took part in anything until now).

Greetings from Sweden!

6 Likes

The topic title here feels like a challenge. Climb the cliff, slay the Kardas Dragon, and…Introduce Yourself. Okay.

Hi everyone, I’m fishers64 and my pronouns are she/her. You may call me fishers if you prefer. I’ve been a Bionicle fan since 2005 and a member of the Bionicle community since 2010, when I joined BZPower. I remember back when TTV was a topic on the BZPower forums, and now it is its own thing, with its own board.

On BZP, I managed to rescue the 3 Greg Quote topics from the hacker apocalypse that took out the old BZP forum archive. I did this by using a Java program to read thousands of forum pages and lace them back together into an enormous text file. These text files were later developed by another member of the community to become the http://greg.greatarchives.com site. It warms my heart to see Greg quotes being referenced on BS01 in the citations section.

Originally, I had intended in making those large TXTs to organize the posts into categories - the infamous Categorical GregF Reference that never got finished. It’s interesting to see that the community has executed about 60%- 80% of my original vision, with the archive site. Which is a very long way of saying that I am a reference/story nerd, and thus interested in the Ask Greg section of the site.

With that being said, I joined here because I have a MoC/craft project to post in the creative section that I’m working on. It also kind of goes without saying that I’ve known about the podcast and the YouTube channel and the board for a very long time, but I wasn’t really the best lover of the podcast format back in the day. Also back in the day, BZPower had its own podcast, and also the BS01 guys had a podcast (I think they still do) so they were fighting for my attention. These days, the news reporting aspect is convenient - it was easier to watch TTV’s video on the Quest for Mata Nui than to try to sort through the Discord, and easier to watch TTV’s video on Faber than to sit through Faber’s rambling stream.

And yeah, that’s pretty much it for here.

15 Likes

I am Glaesh (obviously), also known on LEGO Ideas as “TheInnovator.” I found the TTV channel in 2017 after I got into Bionicle. I previously had a large collection of Bionicles from my neighbor but gave them to a friend because they had no value to me :grimacing: Now I still follow the lore and community and try to make mocs out of my technic and system parts.

8 Likes

Welcome to the boards!

Howdy folks, I just made this account a couple days ago. This is my first time on any sort of message board, so any passing advice is very welcome!

I got into Bionicle in 2009 after a couple friends introduced me into the sets, though I had known about the series (or had at least seen it) since about 2006 when someone I knew had Nuparu Inika on a shelf of their’s.

I found TTV in the last couple years thanks to their Bionicle content. My favorite TTV show would be Eljay’s Reviews, though I also really enjoyed the MNOG walkthrough.

8 Likes