Island of Mystery(RP Signup)

I think it was a old role-play on the forums

2 Likes

It should be up either later today or tomorrow.

SMARP (Self Moc Actual Roleplay) was one of the longest RPs of itā€™s time.
I believe at one point it was the longest but it has since been dethroned
Lasted for about 3 months, around 30,000 posts
Honestly some of the most fun Iā€™ve ever had, but there was so much godmodding and Deus Ex Artahka (Deus Ex Machina)
I happened to be one of the only characters that didnā€™t godmod. Also I met some really great friends from it that Iā€™m still in frequent contact with today. Itā€™s changed my life quite a bit. It is not a chapter of my life that I will soon forget. I still look back on it every now and again with fond memories.

TL;DR: Big RP, lots of cringe, changed my life

3 Likes

Really wish Iā€™d been around when that startedā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, it was fun. I joined in later, but itā€™s still gonna be something thatā€™ll be hard to forget for better or for worse.

Maybe we should try reviving the discord server weā€™d madeā€¦

Name: Kai/Dragos

Titles: Toa of fire/Toa of dragons flame

Species: Bionicle Toa/partial-Hordika/draconic-rahi-mutant

Appearance:

(Changed current mask for Vakamaā€™s Hordika head, dark-green eyes, and a dark red one of these for his chest: Bionicle Foot Toa Inika Clawed : Part 53542 | BrickLink

Weapons: Flame breath, extendable dual-ripper blades

Powers/Abilities: Despite his Hordika mutations highly limiting his elemental abilities heā€™s discovered his mutations allow him to ā€˜breathā€™ fire, somehow managing to access his elemental abilities in full through a seemingly organic function within his throat.
While he canā€™t manipulate the flames he can breath an uncontrolled torrent of flames from within his mouth, aimed towards wherever heā€™s pointing.

He does have a limit and has to wait until his ā€˜fireā€™ recharges. Being in a fire-filled/hot area helps.
He doesnā€™t lose pre-existing fire, even in ice-filled areas.

Due to his mutations (and previous lifestyle) he is a near expert tracker and can identify many of the more ā€˜standardā€™ rahi from their tracks, scents (increased smell) and can (partially) speak at least a few of their languages and is always attempting to learn more so as to increase his own skills.

Minor increase on night-vision.

Weaknesses: Despite how he acts heā€™s highly inexperienced, fighting wise. He tends to use sheer force and wild flurries of blows to overwhelm enemies, leaving his fighting style full of openings for more experienced fighters.

Tail is highly sensitive, damaging, grabbing, and/or pulling it hurts like 'ell for himā€¦ but alsoā€™ll piss him off a lot.

Due to his mutations he canā€™t fully use his elemental abilities. At best he can summon small sparks from around him/his hands.

he has extreme reactions to spider like beings, becoming either highly fearful and freezing up/running away or devolving into an uncontrollable, animalistic rage.

Personality: Kai has always been a bit of a nutcase, excitable, playful, and all around adventurous. These aspects have only been increased since his mutation and subsequent slightly more animallistic tendencies. Such as waving his tail when happy.

Heā€™s also quite friendly and a bit naive, mainly due to his age. Heā€™s actually quite young for a toa, the best way to put it is that heā€™s in his ā€˜teenā€™ years.
He does have a tendency to pounce on those he considers his friends thoughā€¦

Bio: (Kinda long-ish so Iā€™d prefer not writing it, bio is on his topic page though.)

Accepted

1 Like

@runa Is it OK to add my self moc? I would have two characters with the same nameā€¦ Wait, no! The human will be called Vlad, and the self moc will be called Vladin.

Name: Vladin
Titles: Toa of Fire
Species: Toa
Appearance: Toa Vladin, Toa Epsilon of Fire V1
Weapons: Sword, blaster
Powers/abilities: Standard Toa of Fire. He also have an alter ego called Manticon, but I donā€™t think I will use him here.
Weakness: Nothing too fancy. Regular weapons, maybe.
Personality: He really likes to make jokes. He also try to protect the others (he even died once trying).
Bio: Vladin have a long story. Basically, he was a regular Matoran. He was turned into a Toa by a spirit of a god like warrior called Manticon. Sometimes, when he need him, Vladin will turn in him to protect the others. Pretty similar to the Bruce Banner/Hulk thing. He defeated a lot of heroes, he died once trying to protect the others (he was revived) and he wielded my equivalent for the Reality Stone (yes, an Infinity Stone). Even if he is that powerful, he rarely shows it. This is why most of the people who meet him believe that he is still a rookie, even if he is a brave warrior with a lot of experience.

Accepted

1 Like

b b but

1 Like

Ooops.
This happened in the lore of my universe. Of course, it wonā€™t happen here too.

1 Like

As in ā€œonce before.ā€ Not now.
Plus, as balance;

Heā€™s weak to normal weapons. Iā€™d say thatā€™s good.

Yes. I presume that the Infinity Stones does not exist here. @Runa I am allowed to make more characters in the future?

I mean, Iā€™m not sure what kind of established rules this universe has, considering it apparently has humans, matoran, magic, and high technology coexisting.

I am presuming that we are coming from different worlds/dimensions.

That brings up more questions than it answers. In fact, it brings up the question of why your infinity stone doesnā€™t work if you brought from another world. There still is a world weā€™ve been brought to, and that world still has rules.

BTW, Iā€™m not saying I need every answer now. I think a lot of this stuff we can make up as we go along, but I would like some information on basic things about the premise.

Vladin left the Infinity Stone on his island, in a temple. That happened like two years ago. Again, my lore with my mocs is pretty big. I canā€™t explain it all without wasting a lot of time.

Iā€™d say it was probably ā€˜lostā€™ when he was brought here (I.e. removed to fit this existences rules).

Edit: Nevermind.

This honestly sums up what when on in smarp so well

I mean, Tekan himself wasnā€™t exactly made by Mata-nui, And is by technicality a ā€˜foreignā€™ invader to his system, but of similar enough design/build/programming/form/purpose that he was integrated instead of being removed, in my loreā€¦ Not that he, or anyone else, realizes that for a long time.