JANGBRiCKS General Discussion

####Looks like were not going to see a constraction figure MOC anytime soon.
http://i.imgur.com/coSyOYe.png

7 Likes

As I expected, JANG just published a blog post about his thoughts on the end of BIONICLE. He… wasn’t very kind (though I agree with much of what he said).

You can read the rest here.

I dunno. Jang’s constraction collection is (or at least was) waaaaaaay larger then that. We’ll probably find out the current state of his constraction collection in his impending update.

If Jang truly is done with constraction, it’s a shame. He was one the people who’s work got me into BIONICLE MOCing in the first place. But then again, if he’s done, he’s done. Everything has it’s time.

5 Likes

But…CCBS is Lego…he should still do reviews of new CCBS sets if they were to ever come…
######Well…he’s JangBRICKS afterall…

5 Likes

Yeah, I suppose it may be a bit of an emotional reaction on his part. That being said, he never professed to being a channel that reviews all LEGO themes.

2 Likes

:sweat: He’s the only person I know that reviews both system and constraction figures frequently. TheBrickShow reviews alot of new sets beside Bionicle and people like BrickBuilder isn’t a legit review.

edit to avoid double-post:
The comment section is a ■■■■ pool on this

5 Likes

Makes me wish minifigs had waist articulation :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Jang still haven’t reviewed the 4th Wave of Star Wars Constractions (Scarif Stormtrooper, Chirrut Îmwe, Baze Malbus), however he did mention this:

I guess he gave up the buildable figures line as a whole… :astonished:

3 Likes

that’s kinda depressing

1 Like

Well constraction is a dying thing thats not inovating, selling, or being priced cheaper…cant really blame him for not wasting money on things he currently is not focused on (aka his LEGO city and parts needed for that which he can freely get by just buying the rest of the system and technic sets), lord knows how much money he has spent now…also was marketed Bionicle G2 and it bite him in the bollocks. He is just a guy that is following the trends, and despite all that he loved Bionicle so much he actually tried to promote it as best he could…but he and Nickonaquamagna said it all.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, Jang… gets very boring very quickly, I no longer watch his videos regularly.

1 Like

How so?
Jang has been able to keep his content entertaining for years through the insane amount of charisma he displays within his reviews. It keeps the viewers interested throughout the review and makes even the simplest of videos a treat to watch.

6 Likes

I find it funny that he basically made the review style popular for a lot of constraction reviewers and beyond that copied it.

(Happy that the Legomation studios upwards camera on a carpet is gone for good).

For some reason he hasn’t been able to catch my attention lately, so I lost interest in his reviews. I’m not saying he’s a bad reviewer in any way, in fact he’s probably the most dedicated and professional one out there, and his reviews are informative (even if he is far too nitpicking at times, but that’s part of his job), but when it comes to entertainment I really can’t find much of it right now.

So basically to sum up my thoughts I think that if you want to learn something about a specific set or lineup he’s definitely the guy to go to, but for entertainment not so much.

2 Likes

He does put a lot of reviews, some of which dont interest me as well. So I get you.

1 Like

This was already posted somewhere but this must be advise again.

Still unsure why he skipped a wave, but were glad Jang is still reviewing constraction in some shape or form.

edit:

Jang, I lost your respect.

3 Likes

He seemed…emotionally detached throughout that review to me…

2 Likes

He’s been like this with CCBS for a long time…

Probably doing the review primarily cause its Star Wars, but even then he has drastically changed into almost all System Lego.

Ever since Hero Factory got cancelled, he has been slowly shifting gears into only system.

3 Likes

I watched a bunch of Jang’s videos in order to refine TTV’s new review style. He definitely did a lot to standardize reviews and elevate their quality - but it’s been years now and everyone’s doing his style. There’s definitely some major flaws to it that we’re trying to remedy.

5 Likes

That doesn’t justify anything. Brick Vault (great channel by the way, definitely my favorite AFOL one) is a mainly system channel, but they review constraction just fine and don’t have this sort of annoying/annoyed attitude at all.

2 Likes