Least favourite movies

One does not simply forget to mention After Earth when talking about bad movies.

2 Likes

Good lord. I watched that on a plane, it was sooo bad… I almost feel sorry for the lost time Will Smith now has because he worked on that movie.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Bad movies, bad movies…hmm…

• digs around in the part of the brain where one shoves any and all memories too bad to bother remembering. *
    Okay, here goes.
    GODZILLA (1998),
    Gamera: Super Monster,
    Gamera The Invincible,
    (The MST3K’d versions make the following Gamera films quite good, the rankings are given for what I would probably perceive without Joel, Tom, and Crow cracking wise every other second.)
    Gamera vs. Zigra,
    Gamera vs. Guiron,
    Gamera vs. Barugon,
    and Godzilla’s Revenge (A.K.A. All Monsters Attack).
    (This is all I could think of for now.)
1 Like
  1. Food Fight
    This should be of no surprise to people. The animation and character expressions are gaudy, there are so many product placements here that add nothing to the plot (I’m looking at you Mr.Clean), and there are stereotypes up the wazoo.

2. Dragon Wars

Yeah I bet you’ve never heard of this movie and very few people have from what I’ve seen. While some of the action sequences are very engaging and the special effects are good, that’s not enough to save this films stale acting and laughable script.

1. The Last Airbender
    Though its special effects are remotely good, Last Airbender suffers from an issue cluttering many of Shyamalan’s films today, lack of character expression and personality, not to mention some of the action scenes were poorly choreographed. For example the fight between the Earth Benders and the Fire Benders, instead of having them send huge waves of stone at their enemies or sending a tank flying towards them, they do the teapot dance and send a pebble flying at a Fire Bender. And don’t get me started on the rushed storytelling (or how inaccurately it was told).

2. Man of Steel
    The action is wonderfully choreographed and you could tell the actors were trying, but the characters have little to no identity. You wouldn’t be able to tell this is superman outside of his name because he causes thousands of people he claims he is trying to protect, to die. Not to mention that Superman’s adoptive father doesn’t talk to him like a father, rather he just glosses about what a messiah he is and how he shouldn’t have his powers discovered rather than building him up to be a regular human child.

3. The Day the Earth Stood Still
    While I’m fine that remakes exist for the sole purpose of allowing different generations of kids and adults to experience something that once was popular. Though I’ve never seen the original, this film in itself is just dull, acting wise and the plot being all over the place.

4. Sharkboy and Lavagirl
    I remember seeing this film when I was younger and liking it for some reason, maybe because I thought Mr.Electric looked cool. 10 years later, my goodness is this film bad, not only is the CGI eye soring, but the message about following your dreams becomes heavy handed at times. It feels as though the people showed more concerned about the 3-D and special effects than the actual moral.

5. The Room
    Oh hi mark!

6. A Cars Life
    Is this a joke? please tell me this film was a joke. Like Dragon Wars its another one of those films nobody has heard about… except on YouTube. Basically this film is a bootleg of Pixar’s Cars (which is already terrible in itself), however here the animation is an eyesore, some scenes drag on for way to long, and its just so bleak.

7 Likes

YOURE TEARING ME APART STOAX

8 Likes

Scary Movie 5 was the least funny “parody” I’ve seen in a long time.
After Earth was the most boring “action” movie in a while.
When I was a kid I saw that horrible live-action Cat in the Hat movie in theaters and there were some really awkward jokes.
Don’t even get me started on Dragon Ball Evolution unless you want me to go super saiyan.

I didn’t mind Man of Steel, it was an average 7/10, not too good, not too bad.

I can not stand “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty”. That is one of the stupidest movies I’ve ever seen, and that’s saying something. (I watch HowToBasic and Kung Pow Enter The Fist, so when I say a movie is really stupid, I mean it.) The movie feels like it knows it has no story, so it just forces dream sequences in wherever it can. I swear, there aren’t as many explosions in Michael Bay movies as there are stupid moments in Walter Mitty.

On a list of movies I hate from 10 being least amount of hate to 1 being oh-my-gosh-this-needs-to-be-purged-from-existance, here is my list:

1. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
  2. Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
  3. Shark Boy and Lava Girl
  4. the Star Wars Holiday Special
  5. Earth to Echo
  6. Avatar
  7. The Last Airbender
  8. Frozen
  9. The Room
  10. Spy Kids 3
4 Likes

The one movie I absolutely hate was…I think it was named spies or something amd my gawd it was just horrible, hideous, made my eyes bleed. I would say fant4stic and 50 shades of grey were horrible films, but luckily I never saw them, and I’d like for it to stay that way.

1 Like

Thank you for reminding me of this. You are now at the top of my “Meatbags That Are Skrubs” list.

2 Likes

Normally there aren’t any movies that I tend to watch that I consider bad, usually I watch them for personal preference and not because it’s the hot new movie of the month. However, I couldn’t care less about preference when I’m bored channel surfing. With that being said… Moonraker.

Moonraker is a Bond Film. And it’s utterly ridiculous. On some level I can take spy gadgetry serious on normal Bond films but when there’s a massive space station with laser guns then that’s really stretching it. Instead of incineration by laser, the villain is shot by one shot from a wrist pistol. In space. On his billion dollar Death Star and Enterprise love child. After which, they fire 4 poison capsules at Earth, so Bond as his complementary gurlfrand has to shoot them down while entering the Earth’s atmosphere. The ending’s trash and so is the concept.

3 Likes

I’m sorry you had to see that.

1 Like

I can still clearly remember the horrible goo effects.
It looked weird to me, even as a kid.

1 Like

Have you watched the Nostalgia Critic review of it?

No.
Thanks for telling me NC reviewed it, gonna search it up.

Back on the subject of bad movies:
It isn’t necessarily my least favorite, but I never really liked Jurassic Park: Lost World.

Let’s see here:
-Jurrasic Park III
I hate this film! It killed one of my favorite movie franchises for quite a while, from the bad acting to the horrible script- and don’t even get me started on that Kane-Ra feces of a dinosaur fight!

-Man of Ste-
No, wait. I enjoy laughing at this one!

-Cars 2
It was just pretty weird and had an “okay” plot. Definitely not Pixar’s best.

-The Phantom Menace
Seriously, how has no one put this yet? This is a boring excuse for exposition for the prequels, with a horrible script and just enough time dueling with lightsabers to be considered a Star Wars movie! The only reason that this isn’t higher is that I enjoyed it as a child. (Fast-Fowarding through the council meetings, of course!)

I could keep going, but I really don’t feel like doing so. Now to forget these movies ever existed. :laughing:

2 Likes

In order of most hated to least:
Tusk (I cried because it was so bad. I got angry and upset that somebody could make such a bad movie and go through with it. It left a pit in my stomach and made me feel frustrated and angry beyond any reasonable measure. It was the worst, and I’ve seen Troll 2 and leprechaun.)
The last emperor (3 hours of absolute garbage where nothing happened and nothing made sense. And it won best picture. Over the princess bride. I live in China, and this story was one of the least interesting stories about the emperors they could tell. It sucked so much, my grandmother hated it and thought it was boring and stupid.)
Chappie (had so many chances to be decent, but ended up being cringe and awful. So much is wrong with that movie. My family and I renamed it “Crappie” with white-out on the case and now only make jokes about Chappie’s character being mentally impaired, as that has more charm than the real movie.)
Avatar: the last airbender (I need to re-watch this with the idea that it’s a comedy in mind, so I can laugh at how terrible it is in every way.)
The battle of five armies (the definition of padding a movie far beyond what is reasonable.)

I haven’t seen food fight, but it would be up there.
I put those things above the transformers movies, deliver us from evil (which sucked so much overall), leprechaun, Troll 2, batman and robin, kingdom of the crystal skull, iron man 2 &3, and cool cat saves the kids.

Hmm.
I did not like Origins Wolverine.

1 Like

Batman v superman
Dawn of lets do what marvel does in one movie

4 Likes

I rarely watch movies so nothing really comes to mind as of late, but because of it’s sudden inexplicable resurgence as a meme I just think of Sharkboy and Lavagirl and how embarrassingly bad everything is. Like, the CG looks like one of those ancient computer programs like Kahootz or whatever it’s called, and everything else… it’s pretty darn awful. Even the soundtrack (that dream song is annoying but also earwormy, so it’s even worse than normal).