Least favourite movies

I think about 80% of people on the boards hold a negative opinion of the DCEU, and probably a 90% for BvS alone.

1 Like

TBH, I’m really not a fan of The Princess Bride.

NOW BEFORE YOU BLOOD EAGLE ME, I don’t hate it. I think it just falls under that Napoleon Dynamite effect where it has some funny moments, but it’s not this grand masterpiece that everyone else makes it out to be.

Also Citizen Kane is absolute trash

Thankfully I’ve not seen it, but perhaps… The Emoji Movie?

1 Like

Oh no, we’re not going to Blood Eagle you.

We’re going to fight… To the Pain.

3 Likes

I beg your pardon

One of the fundamental parts in storytelling is subtlety, of which Citizen Kane has none. Every moment of the film is so over the top, pretentious, and overstimulating, that each frame feels like you’re being punched in the face and none of the scenes go anywhere. Not to mention the “Rosebud plot twist” is so poorly done that by the time the movie is over (if you haven’t already turned off the film) you are left furious and the movie makes you feel like it stole 8 hours of your time, despite being a quarter of that time.

1 Like

That describes Orson Welles personality pretty darn well. He made the movie, after all.

I’m not one to judge, because I’ve never watched it. But I can understand when it’s not everyone’s slice of cake.

1 Like

Once I had to watch Ice Age 5. I was with my family, and I didn’t have much of a choice. Needless to say, it was just awful.

1 Like

The Venom movie even though it isn’t out yet.

1 Like

Hey, there’s still a very small chance it might be decent.

As for Justice League, uh…

2 Likes

Avengers Infinity War has too many characters I think to be good.

It hasn’t even come out yet and you’re already criticizing it? Good grief.

The Russos have shown that they can balance tons of characters. No doubt some will have smaller roles than others, but also remember this is going to be a two-part film.

4 Likes

True, I suppose I’m being rather harsh

I dislike the emoji movie for one reason, and it’s a reason that makes me more angry seeing as no one has addressed it.
They portray ‘Emoticons’ as lazy elders, when they pretty much were the best thing on the internet and I particularly value them.
Otherwise the movie was like a D For me but not an F.

Where the Red Fern Grows.

I have the book, should I read it? How is it?

It’s Sad.

1 Like

Oh, not gonna read it, then, thanks

Batman V Superman, which I thought had sooo much potential, but the disappointment really dragged it down for me
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. The only F4 movie I’ve seen. It wasn’t the worst movie ever, but the CGI was lackluster, the switching powers stuff was weird and quite imbecilic, and the acting could’ve been a lot better.
The Emoji Movie. Only saw about ten minutes and hated all of them.
Planes Fire and Rescue was too rushed, and just plain bad. Next he’s gonna go off to be a police plane? Or a bomber? It was just too rushed.
Rom coms in general

I’ll probably think of more

1 Like

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Poorly executed, has one of the dumbest love stories ever, Black Beard is the Weakest Villain from the Franchise, unnecessary dark and sexreferences, and at the end Jack leaves Angelica on that island for no reason. Also, a shame that it did not have most of the original characters in it, only Jack and Barbossa. And also has some And for some reason, is considered the better then the 2nd and third one. Really? Whoever made that Score was out of his mind. Those ones were great, and they are considered the bad ones. This movie is 100% trash. If you want to watch all Pirates of the Caribbean movies, please don’t watch this one. Also it does really have any ties with the other movies, other then the Black Pearl in the bottle sub-plot, so you can easily just ignore it.

1 Like