Least Useful BIONICLE/LEGO Piece?

I’m a firm advocate of using LEGO parts in new and interesting ways and blending sub-systems (System, TECHNIC, CCBS, etc.) in order to make jaw-dropping MOCs. That being said, there are some parts that due to their design are just very difficult to use. My personal pet peeves are the Rahkshi shoulder and back pieces (probably because I have the misfortune of owning 20 of each :angry:)

How about you guys? Are there any pieces in your collections that you just can’t seem to integrate into MOCs?

15 Likes

I’m sure there are uses for it, but the squids…I can’t think of many ways to use them.

6 Likes

Any non pose able limb. Also those Vakhi hunches, they’re a pain. All of the Rakshkii spines (the bit that slides in). Disk launchers, I cant think of any other use than disk launcher. Speedorz cant be used for anything else either.

5 Likes

Hmmm, I don’t own any anymore, but I’ve always thought them to be really neat aesthetic pieces.

Well, some are good for simple Matoran builds if you wanna make a decent-sized village.

Which parts?

It could be used for torso detailing. The asymmetry is a pain though.

In general, asymmetrical builds are just fine. I don’t have a problem with 'em. But asymmetrical parts (that don’t have counterparts)? Just…

8 Likes

I hate piraka spines, the are messy and clunky. I also don’t like upper inika limbs as I am afraid they might break.

3 Likes

It’s not so much that I can’t integrate them, it’s more that I only have 1 of that piece, and I need 2.

3 Likes

Now I’m no Moccer, but the second you can integrate this on your MOC non-jokingly,

I’d give you a cookie.

23 Likes

Well I could always use it as a MOCs head :unamused:

2 Likes

Without it looking stupid?

18 Likes

Well it would take some effort that I don’t have, but it could be done.

1 Like

Upper limbs are pretty good for more basic MOCing, but yeah, their durability issues are a pain. I just had a socket explode in my hands today, the plastic shards flew halfway across the room.

I think it’d be relatively feasible to incorporate it. You can hide the flesh tone and incorporate the hair as brown fur detailing on some kinda Rahi MOC.

5 Likes

Hey!

I use the first of those Rahkshi parts for spaceships all the time.

2 Likes

Pictures please? I’m really curious…

2 Likes

9 Likes

Everything except the feet from the hero factory 1.0 sets.

ok so maybe that’s not bonkles

5 Likes

http://cache.lego.com/media/bricks/5/2/6014298.jpg
The red bit ruin exegetic abit since all beside Dragon Bolt have it.

4 Likes

My least useful Bionicle piece: The freaking Squid Launcher.

I know it can be used if enough effort is put into it, but even as a launcher it sucks…

7 Likes

Herofactory alpha team 1.0 weapon arms… I have all of them ._.

10 Likes

Eljay would have a fit with that MOC’s red horn…:smile:

5 Likes

*evil laughter intensifies *