Lego Announces the Return of Bionicle!

Lego Announcement is Officially Bionicle

At long last, it seems like the rumors have finally come true! Lego revealed today that their announcement was officially the return of the Bionicle line, touting a new Facebook page and an avatar and banner showcasing what they revealed to be the Mask of Creation.

‘’It is told that there exists a mask that will grant its bearer unspeakable power. Made from raw magic and solid gold, it is an artifact crafted with absolute precision and timeless skill – it is known as the Mask of Creation’’

Welcome to the World of LEGO® BIONICLE®

We are ready to take you on an epic quest to find the Masks of Power. It will be a journey you will never forget. Stay tuned #BIONICLE2015

For those not as versed in Bionicle lore, the Mask of Creation is one of the three legendary Kanohi, alongside the Mask of Time and the Mask of Life, but is the only one that we didn’t know the form of. It is owned by Artahka, the being who built the original Toa Mata, and it gives him the ability to envision and create anything he wishes.

And that’s it! It’s official now! To all you naysayers out there…called it! =P

So what do you think, Bionicle fans? Do you think this completely confirms a continuation, or does another Quest for the Masks point toward a reboot? Are you looking forward to Bionicle 2015? Post in the boards below!

[Source]: “LEGO Bionicle (Facebook Page)" via Twitter

Written by: Kahi, 9/19/2014

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://ttvpodcast.com/post/97890332037/
20 Likes

I personally think it’s going to be a continuation still. Confirmation of Mask of Creation makes me even more excited!

5 Likes

Awwwww yeah, bruh!

Let the hunt for the Masks begin - again!

4 Likes

I am extremely excited! I do think most of the signs point towards a continuation, and that is kind of what I was hoping for. I was excited about the idea of a reboot, but I really want to see the original story continued.

2 Likes

I’m fine with wherever the story goes in terms of reboot-continuation, but I have faith that Lego will do Bionicle justice either way. I think a lot of people are underwhelmed by the fact that we’ve known for some time now, but now that it’s written in Lego’s own, that’s the final percentage. The hype train has not stopped, but it has indeed reached (and maybe passed) it’s first destination!
-Oonie

2 Likes

Still crossing my fingers for a reboot!

So happy right now hopes to being able to find these sets befor they get all snatched up when released. Savin’ up. (I showed a friend the pics of the sets the other day and he jumped up and ran around his house with joy so yah, lego sure knows how to get people excited.)

1 Like

As speculated Lego has revealed its secret revealing the below video (Linked)

“It is told that there exists a mask that will grant its bearer unspeakable power. Made from raw magic and solid gold, it is an artifact crafted with absolute precision and timeless skill – it is known as the Mask of Creation.” - Bionicle 2015

The reveal is of the fabled ‘Mask Of Creation’ worn by Artahka and heavily implies that Bionicle 2015 is a continuation and not a reboot. In addition a new ‘Bionicle’ facebook page has appeared from Lego where you can talk about Bionicle. In addition the facebook page was made on the 10th July by Lego… so they’ve been planning this for a while.

After checking the Facebook’s about section the ‘mission’ is described as

“Battle for the Masks of Power”

We are ready to take you on an epic quest to find the Masks of Power. It will be a journey you will never forget

As speculated the Mask Of Creation mould appears to use a similar system to the Inika with no inner stud pieces. Or for those familiar with Hero Factory similar to the helmet pieces. However it is also possible this is for the CGI version only.

Sources;
Mask Of Creation Wiki; BIONICLEsector01
Bionicle Facebook; Redirecting...
Lego Facebook; Redirecting...
Twitter Announcement; https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/512967202669342721

(Post is being updated to include more info/links)

3 Likes

IT’S A CONTINUATION??? I did NOT see that coming.

(bionicle2015 btw)

also to make sure this doesn’t count as spam, here’s a link to the Twitter announcement. Pretty much the same thing though.

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/512967202669342721

1 Like

Shall add it to the source :3

Hmm. Having thought about this a little more, it seems more likely that it’s a Reboot, considering that they say, “We are ready to take you on an epic quest to find the Masks of Power. It will be a journey you will never forget.”

At last! The promised day is here!!! Can’t wait for more to be revealed.
-Oonie

1 Like

YES! Mask of Creation! I am very excited that it’s a continuation.

I was hoping for a release date. Perhaps they will release that today, but they might wait for NYCC.

That video is great because now we can get an even more detailed look at the mask. I don’t really care for the idea of it being an Inika-style mask, but hey!

2 Likes

Personally I don’t think it will actually be an Inika-style head. I think that this is just a CGI version of the mask that presumably will be featured in the TV show/movie/commercials.

4 Likes

SO MUCH YES!!!

The search for the Mask of Creation seems like it’ll be a journey reminiscent of Bionicle’s past.

2 Likes

Maybe that is the case, normally they tend to keep the CGI fairly close to the actual model though it may be altered for the sake of making it look cool.

1 Like

I’m so excited :laughing: I did not see a continuation coming; I was 100% sold on a hard reboot. I still think a reboot is possible, but it does seem a lot less likely now. Either way, my wallet will be very empty in 2015! #AllSetsOrBust

1 Like

That’s true, but I don’t think having an axle sticking out of the inside of the mask would like cool. :wink:

2 Likes

So it is the Mask of Creation, interesting… The wait for October 9 will be a long one.

3 Likes

Did anyone notice the Minifig-helmet/visor-esque clips on the back?

7 Likes