LEGO BIONICLE Reiterated

Fridays are upload days, usually in the AM.

1 Like

Pohatu and Onua get the spotlight this week. Episode 3 is live!

3 Likes

Lewa and Gali get the spotlight this week. Episode 4 is live!

3 Likes

Kopaka and Tahu get the spotlight this week. This episode contains some unfortunate audio issues. The Tahu segment is one of the earliest edited parts of Reiterated and what drew my attention to the the audio issues with some of the voice lines. The rest of the show is free of these problems, so this is the last time the audio mix will be a little odd. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Apart from the audio mix issues, it was another amazing installment. I personally would’ve liked seeing Makuta even if it was just a fleeting glimpse as he would be a bit annoyed that things aren’t going according to plan and he is losing his confidence in Skull Grinder/Kulta as he isn’t bringing him the results he expected.

With Makuta I’m more of the opinion we should see him as little as possible to build up the boogie-man type feeling the inhabitants feel toward him. And it’s not Kulta that’s failing him, remember, that’s LoSS, since his job is to enslave the island and give the skull villains time to find the Mask of Creation. Hence the scene with Kulta and LoSS at the end.

Fair point but Kulta is still trusting LoSS after his many failings and the fact the Toa have unlocked their…I just remembered he knows the Prophecy of Light and knows some of these things cannot be avoided. He knows what’s going to happen and thus could manipulate things into his favor thus not needing to be present all the time. I’m a forgetful silly boy.

Prophecy of Light doesn’t exist in Reiterated. It was dumb, so I excluded it.

Oh, well that does make sense but as I didn’t know that previously, I thought that would work. But this is your project and what you say goes. Can’t wait to see how the next one turns out. Have an awesome day.

1 Like

This is the last episode of Reiterated for the next three weeks. Taking a mid-season break to help spread it out so the wait for Season 2 won’t be as long. Episode 7 will premier on February 16th.

In this episode, it’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for: the Toa finally meet! One of the things I’m proudest of in Reiterated is the dynamic between the Toa. Episode 6 starts this, and makes me really excited to finish production on Season 2. Enjoy!

@prentice1215 It’s time for the review by BlackBeltGamer98 (hopefully that didn’t sound negative or rude; I just wanted to say something funny for the heck of it). The balance between music and the dialogue volume is still a bit choppy plus transitions between a couple scenes was a bit awkward, there was some wonky color issues with Tahu later on but the project is coming together pretty well; the audio is a lot clearer, the animation’s smoother, I like the use of the Golden Skull Spider Mask and how they all worked together and met up. Looking forward to seeing what comes next! As a little side note, the jokes and humor in the interactions of the Toa, specifically between Pohatu and Lewa when they meet, was perfect and I was smiling pretty widely at how their personalities show through their humor and provides a bit more development for all of them.

3 Likes

The mid-season break is over! The beginning of the end of Season 1 begins as the Toa enter the City of the Mask Makers. Skull Warriors will be fought, and games will be played. There’s a couple of fun visual easter eggs in this episode. Have fun hunting!

1 Like

This was a very great episode. Things that could be worked on is the volume for Skull Slicer’s normal speaking voice as it does sound like a whisper rather than normal talking; there were some spots (such as between moments of dialogue and when impacts were made in a fight) that could’ve used some extra sound effects to help make everything feel more alive. I loved the background art you did as well as some of the jokes I could detect. The story was well paced, the humor was spot on and the animation was a ton smoother. Can’t wait for the next one!

1 Like

Once again, the volume issue was my fault. I was terrified of blowing out the mic since I have louder characters. It seems I went overkill.

2 Likes

Understandable but that’s what audio editing software’s for: making the destruction of the mic sound like it isn’t getting mangled. The voice is very well done; you have given Skull Slicer a presence of refinement and sophistication that is intertwined with his insanity. I like that touch.

2 Likes

Why thank you. :blush:

1 Like

You’re welcome.

1 Like

I really liked the editing to make it look like the Toa were using elements. Nice job! :smile:

2 Likes

Episode 8 is here, in which the Toa find Ekimu in his tomb. Only one episode remains in Season 1. We’re almost there…

3 Likes

The Season 1 finale is here!

I guess I lied when I said Episode 5 would be [quote=“prentice1215, post:25, topic:41056”]
the last time the audio mix will be a little odd
[/quote]
as the problem has persisted. We’ll work on making sure RaptorTalon’s volume is better when recording Season 2. Speaking of Season 2, auditions are now open in the Reiterated Auditions topic. Four new characters are avaliable for auditioning, so take a look if you’re interested!