LEGO Ideas 90th Anniversary Set Poll Discussion

It’s fairly public that lego destroys the molds after a certain age. The Bionicle masks are among the ones that have been mentioned. I don’t know if they destroy the masters, but those used for the machines are. They’re big, bulky, and take up a lot of space, so if they’re not being used, there’s no reason to keep them around.

Thinking of it your right time cruisers is at least unique, In my collection I’ve ignored exploriens as it just is the most 90s bland space range and I collect UFO and Insectoids despite the big pieces in some sets (I never get sick of messing around with the light and sound abdomen piece). I think it’s the helmet molds, wings and shear quantity of prints in both that stopped their inclusion in the vote.

2 Likes

I can imagine they probably destroy most of the molds, but surely they keep at least few for reproduction purposes, if they ever wanted to bring some part back.

2 Likes

Plus, it’s not as if they can’t just redesign the molds, right?

I mean, they did it twice with the old socket piece.

6 Likes

Depends. Creating new molds is expensive, especially if it’s going to be used once.

1 Like

Guurahk spear

7 Likes

Yes… the Masters. That’s the whole point of the masters, it’s the mold you make all the other molds from.

2 Likes

After some contemplation and figuring out what was wrong with my account I voted Bionicle, Classic Castle, and Space Police.

6 Likes

Good choices, especially space police 1-that range had style!

4 Likes

Rough translation: “Place, theme world, number of votes, share of total votes, share of total users”

19 Likes

Yeah we’re definitely losing the next round, but good to see the lead.

6 Likes

Eh, it wouldn’t be so bad if Classic Space won

3 Likes

Agreed. It’s fitting that one of those “Classic” themes wins. (Space, Castle, Pirates)

Then, to me, Space is the most unique out of those three. Castle and Pirates were certainly both extremely popular and nostalgic with Lego fans, but they didn’t really bring anything new to the ideas of Castles or Pirates as a whole.

Classic Space, on the other hand, had those iconic blue and grey ships with the bumblebee stripes.

If it’s not Bionicle, Classic Space is my next vote.

Also, this is interesting, from that same website:

This would be the results if all of the Castle, Pirate, or Space subthemes were taken together.

This confirms the suspicion that the splitting of the subthemes puts those those themes at a disadvantage, but it’s intersting to see that Bionicle is still in the top three.

9 Likes

Band together

And we will crush the rebellion in one swift stroke

8 Likes

like rubber, or one direction?

one direction is awful

1 Like

i personally don’t mind them, but after all, i am what most would consider young, so i have an excuse.

1 Like

Friendly reminder that if you vote Bionicle and you have no intention of even considering buying the anniversary set if Bionicle wins, you’re part of the reason G2 died.

This assumes everyone voted for only one theme, unless I’m misunderstanding how they got this number. It doesn’t account for the possible shared votership between the various Castle/Space themes, something which is actually quite likely.

8 Likes

For many years, we’ve struggled, wondered, pleaded, begged the LEGO group for a new Bionicle set.

We have strived hard to bring many ideas projects (and by many I mean one because we really haven’t come together on another ideas project) to fruition.

We struggled so hard, we rallied together in a glorious three weeks with valor and glory, but alas, it was not to be. Unfortunately, we were snubbed yet again.

For 20 years of bionicle we got nothing, nothing at all. Not a single peep, not a single word, not anything from the LEGO group acknowledging one of it’s most popular themes, a theme that had brought LEGO back from the brink of financial destruction, not a single word.

But now, we are granted an opportunity, for bionicle is on the list.

It’s time, we must rally once more, come together under a common banner to VOTE for bionicle, TO BRING IT TO THE TOP!

Is it a guarantee? Nay! Is it an assurance? Nay! But is it a glimmer of hope? YAY! WE WILL GO FORWARD, WE WILL VOTE FOR OUR FAVORITE THEME! WE WILL BRING IT TO THE MOST GLORIOUS POSITION IN ALL THESE THEMES! TO THE TOP, TO THE NUMBER ONE! WE SHALL REMIND LEGO THAT IT WAS THE GREATEST THEME IN THE PLA-NAY! IN THE GALAXY!

WE SHALL REMIND THEM FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES. AS LONG AS WE HAVE BREATH IN OUR LUNGS. FOR AS LONG AS WE BEAR A MASK ON OUR FACE. FOR AS LONG AS ELEMENTAL POWER FLOWS THROUGH OUR VAINS.

WE SHALL REMIND THEMFOR AS LONG AS THE LAST CCBS PIECE, THE LAST LIME GREEN SOCKET HAS GONE ON BROKEN, FOR AS LONG AS BALL AND SOCKET JOINTS ARE PRINTED OUT IN LEGO FACTORIES. WE SHALL REMIND THEM, UNTIL OUR VERY BONES ARE DUST, UNTIL THE LAST BIONICLE FAN HAS TAKEN HIS OR HER FINAL BREATH, WE WILL REMIND THEM, WE ARE WAITING, AND THEY WILL RUE THE DAY THEY THOUGHT TO SIFLE US ONCE AGAIN!

SO GO FORTH! UNITY, DUTY AND DESTINY, FOR WE SHALL SUCCEED! WE SHALL SEE A DAY WHERE BIONICLE INHABITS A SHELF AGAIN!

8 Likes

i feel like putting on a miru and using it to levitate up to the outer reaches of the galaxy to be with lehvak-kal after that

2 Likes