LEGO Memories

Giving away my entire bionicle collection to some friends who were moving away. So now I’m slowly rebuilding my collection. I don’t regret it.

3 Likes

I remember getting the McDonald’s Promo LEGO sets never building them the correct way,also remember the Daycare I once go with had a LEGO Tube so I build little Simpsons characters out of 2x2,1x1, & 4x4 than I ever out a LEGO Tube of my own with some of the parts are still here at this day.

1 Like

Me and my brother building a minas-tirith-esk castle on the stairs when my sister and mom were gone for a week. My dad thought it was cool so he let us go all out with it. Then we had a big siege where the bad guys attacked while the good guys fended them off… Good times, now I’m all nostalgic.

4 Likes

I remember how in 2008, I built my first ever MOC and posted it on Bionicle.com. I made a special backdrop (using crayons and construction paper) and wrote a little story for him.

I wish I still had pictures of it…maybe I’ll use the Wayback Machine and try to find it. (I have a very vague idea of what it looked like. )

3 Likes

This was metal!

http://www.hyperrealm.com/markl/lego/6441-large.jpg

6 Likes

I remembered how my mom used to don’t like bionicle. It started in 2005 when my cousin Patryk became interested in BIO. For his birthday he always got a set and in this way he could collect all Toa and one Titan from his parents. So in 2005, I gave him Nuju but In 2006 things get a little complicated because he asked for Piracka. We went to the lego store and asked for Piraka and when my mother saw for the first time sets she was rather surprised because on the box was the head with glowing eyes glowed in the dark teeth and guns. She thought it was brutal but we bought thok and everything was ok until came 2007 and Patryk asked for one of Barraki so it happened the same as a year earlier. In 2008 he asked for one of bat makutas. and in 2009 came the Glatorian and mother said that Lego realized it mistake.

Now when we mention it we all laugh about it :smile:

2 Likes

I hope no one you know asks for Skull Villains

3 Likes
  1. Taking my imperial star destroyer for show and tell at school.
  2. Getting sick after building the MTT set.
  3. Starting a website with a friend and meeting a girl who used the name kopaka in a out 2008, she was the first person I talked to that enjoyed bionicle and the stories, never heard her voice or met her.
  4. Getting Pewku and Takua for a gift in Pre-School.
  5. Building Takanuva and Makuta, it was awesome to have them battle as a kid.
  6. Receiving Jaller and Guuko bird after a 11 year search.
  7. Finally building a Tahu.
  8. Of course having the full first wave of Bionicle 2015.
4 Likes

My first set is technically 2001 Macku, although my first real set was the Raceway Rider from Racers. Racers | Brickipedia | Fandom

Macku simply stayed in the basement and was rebuilt twice (currently assembled), while the Raceway Rider is broken. Perhaps I’ll find another one…

1 Like

very funny :smile:

Some of the first small studded lego bricks I got were the creator sets that came in the small circular tubs. I bought them at albertsons. Also at albertsons I found Rahaga Norik and 2001 Hahli

wait, what?

3 Likes

Getting my first ever proper Lego set from my godparents (I think?), it was a Star Wars set: the V-wing (man, looking that up brings back memories). Knowing absolutely nothing about Star Wars at the time - I don’t even know if I was aware of its existence - and holding an utter disdain for the instructions as all young children surely must do, I decided to build a Transformer instead. I don’t remember it that well at all, really - all I know it that it was a “robot” that was around 1 brick thick on average and certainly did not move at all, let alone transform. Good times.

Of course, there are many more stories I could regale you all with. The good old days of Exo-Force, or the time I came home from a holiday with my family and the house-sitter must have had a child or something that they let come over because ALL OF MY SPACE POLICE AND AGENTS SETS WERE ON THE FLOOR, LINED UP IN A BIG ROW AND HALF-DISMANTLED.

Ahem. But, I won’t bore you with all those. Who knows, maybe I’ll share some more down the line? But for now, I think three whole paragraphs is enough, don’t you?

2 Likes

The McToran.

1 Like

Ah, I remember one; There were a couple Christmas’ that I had, like three in a row, where I had Skopio on my wish list. The first 2 years, I didn’t get him. Then on the third year, all the presents had been opened, and I still had a spark of hope. To my surprise, I went to the back of the tree, and Skopio was there.

1 Like
  • Getting my first BIONICLE set, Brutaka, as a Christmas gift in 2006 and not having a clue of how to build him
  • Building my first MOC out of pieces from Fero & Skirmix and Dekar
  • I remember in Christmas of 2010 I wanted Pohatu Mata badly (he was my favorite Toa) though I instead got Rockoh T3 (still worth it cause the set was awesome). Then, in Christmas of 2011 my eyes lit up when my grandparents gave me Pohatu Mata completely sealed and new
  • Going to Toys R Us in 2011 and finding Zesk and Tarduk (bought them both)
2 Likes

Getting my first BIONICLE set 8534 Toa Tahu

3 Likes

Dude, that was Maku. Hahli’s first set was in 2003

2 Likes

No not that Hahli. The MAtoran

Dude, what you said in your initial post was

When in fact

2 Likes