LEGO Memories

I would, but I don’t have a paypal account.

I thought they accepted credit.

My first experience with Lego was in 1999 When i bought the Land speeder set for star wars
i still have that Luke mini fig

EDIT Pics related

7 Likes

First memory, hmmm… when I was 2 I remember being in my grandparents living room building towers with duplo blocks.
I remeber building tons of Star Wars sets (I made an army of starwars sets, which included the 2006 Xwing, Clonewars Twilight ship, two of anakin’s starfighters, hail fire and spider droids, some old 2005 sets from a cousin, a V-19 Torrent, a few of the 2007-2008 battle packs, a hyena droid bomber, Darth Vaders TIE 2009, 2009 AAT, Plo-Koon’s starfighter, the old AT-AP, a couple of vulture droids, a droid tri fighter, and (still assembled, the only assembled set actually because I just got it.) Poe’s X wing. No I didn’t get everything the year they came out so don’t think I’m crazy rich or something! My first bionicle set/sets was either all 6 toa mata or nuparu mahri, I honestly forget. I remember having a friend that was two years older than me that I met at church and we traded lego parts and mini figs. (Moved away, rip younger me.) building a few mocs here and there during the 2007-2008 time which I also remeber creating the original “version” of my SM which in no way resembles the current moc. Building a lego city with parts from other lego themes, hf having parts I wanted but eventually lost intrest in. I could go on and on but I won’t waste your time.

1 Like

Oh my memories Where to begin…

Here’s the story of my First set:
It was after a rather long First day at my Preschool. My mom decided that me and my siblings should get something because we had just started school (Was I a spoiled child? Yes, yes I was…), so we went to a long lasting friend of my LEGO Hobby, Target. We aimed for the Toy Section, which was located at the back of the store for some reason, and I immediately went to the Star Wars Section. It had everything! Galactic Heroes, Action Figures, a TaunTaun, Puzzles, Stuffed Chewbaccas. Anything you wanted was in that aisle. But those didn’t catch my attention. No, The LEGO Star Wars Set, Darth Vader Transformation was the sole bearer.

In my head, hundreds of thoughts were stirring. “What is that?”, “Why does Darth Vader look like a Robot?”, “What is LEGO?”. I then grabbed it from the shelf and showed it to my Mom. “Mommy, what is this?” I said as a four-year-old Moron. “[Censored Because It’s My Name] you silly, its a LEGO toy.” She said. I then shook the Box. “It sounds like a puzzle; I’m gonna choose this.”

I walked out with a LEGO Set that day; something brand new. That one set has built me as a person. that one set has made me choose what I want to be when I’m older. That one set made me Plural.

Here is another Random LEGO memory.

2009 was not a good year for me. Something struck my family with an iron sword, causing me to lose my entire collection for an entire year. I was devastated; my greatest companion and stress-reliever was just taken away from me. This lead to a moment in which I was like “Maybe I shouldn’t be into LEGO anymore.” So, that’s what I did. For an entire Six Months, I had no interaction with a LEGO Brick. That was until I encountered this one LEGO Set. I was walking through a Target, going through the Toy section to find a new Bakugan that I wanted. Once I couldn’t find it, I decided to look at the other aisles. This lead me to my childhood, The LEGO Section. I suddenly felt that jolt of childhood bewilderment smack me in the face.

I ran throughout this one, small area, looking at all of these new sets that I didn’t even think about. Then I saw it; LEGO Star Wars 7749: The Echo Base. Never before did I see a set that sent nostalgia right into my brain. Never before, have I been this excited for a LEGO Set. With all of the spare change that I had in my pockets and a little bit of begging from my Grandmother, I was able to get this beauteous set and to this day, it sits on my desk, labeled as the set that gave me my most valuable memories back.

Here’s my final story for today, something a bit more recent and a bit shorter.

I had just finished “The LEGO Movie”, a film that I had been anticipating for years at that point. I was shocked by the beauty that its ending carried, maybe even inspired. I looked at all of the shelves on my wall, staring at each individual set. I then walked slowly towards my Color-Coordinated bins of bricks, and just started building. These weren’t sets, nor were they complex. They were just the things I would make when I was younger; Robots, Spaceships, Trees. This was something I had not done since 2008, a Time when I still felt like I could build anything. A Time before I became President Business. I can truly say The LEGO Movie inspired me to become more creative, something I had not felt since I was a kid.

3 Likes

Here’s a dumb little tale:

I was a dumb little idiot in 2008, 5 years old, I liked trains. Then I saw a mars mission set for 10 bucks or something. My parents bought it for me. I liked it a lot. Then I realized LEGO existed. The next year I found out BIONICLE existed. I bought lewa phantoka and tanma. They’re really fun sets.

Flash foward to 2014 or so I thought lego system sets weren’t really good, and I thought Hero Factory was going down below (HAHHAHAHHAAH). I found out BIONICLE was back, went home, destroyed my g1 mocs, and made some 2015 psuedo dudes.

2 Likes

My first lego set as we know was the 1999 land speeder, i got it for my birthday as i was quite young my grandfather bought it for me as a little kid my parents worked constantly and were never home so untill they were home i stayed with my grandfahter, him being to old to help me build i for the first time actualy put my mind to something and to build it started creativity and has continued till today

I have many good memories of Bionicle, including the many times I played with Bionicle MOCs/sets at Primary School with my friends. We’d often have battles at the end of the playing field or on the climbing equipment, or maybe just chill out and admire each-other’s handiwork. We’d also sit the day’s MOC on our desk during class, which only the one teacher objected to - most thought it to be quite quirky. I was well known for my love of Lego during school, so it almost seemed expected of me.

One kind of character me and my friends Tom and Kieran developed were the Draganoids, a diminutive race of Rahkshi-headed dudes with long tails, that looked like this;

Imgur

I remember one time, we were competing to make a Draganoid with the longest tail possible - I ended up creating “Joshi”, whose tail ended up being about 2 feet long, and won our little contest. Another was to make a Draganoid with the most arms - Tom won by giving his character Ember 30 arms. I still carried on making Draganoids through Secondary School, and even revisited them much later on. I also intend to bring them back for G2, with this basic design;

Imgur

Now Tom… He was a pretty lucky kid with a wealthy airline pilot for a father, and always had the latest sets before anybody else. I remember that he was the first kid in our school to get his hands on a Barraki - Pridak - which he brought in to show off. In jealousy, I attempted to replicate Pridak and the other Barraki… using Rahkshi feet with Blu Tac facial features for their heads (making good use of the Blue Tac hoard I had made during my time there). They were actually surprisingly popular, from what I can remember.

As Secondary School came along, Bionicle’s involvement in my friendships diminished somewhat. This school was a bit stricter, and older kids would guarantee ridicule if any toy other than a mobile phone dared set foot on the property. Me and my friends talked about Bionicle, and showed each-other photos of our MOCs, but it was very rare that we ever physically brought anything in with us. We often traded parts however, and my friend Mikey even gave me a big carrier bag full of Lego when he gave up on it.

Towards the end of Secondary School, I did a class project where I redesigned Rotor, and produced an instructional video on how to put him together. I was graded pretty well for it, and friends certainly enjoyed seeing the model in person.

7 Likes

(hashtag) nope That was awesome, what are you talking about? :smile:
Happy 2016 (sets), guys!

Just a little weird for a child and his father putting a “female chest” onto a child’s plaything.

Can I just say how surprised I am that there are almost no Ninjago Memories?

Well, I remember that I didn’t get a Ninjago set until June 2011 because I only got the spinners. I remember having so much fun for hours with that game.

Then 2012 hit, when I abandoned the spinners because they didn’t work well anymore. But I got tons of the regular sets. My favorite of that year was probably the Rattlecopter and Cole’s Tread Assault. Also the show started, which was awesome.

2013 was probably my least favorite year for the sets but I got some anyway because I just couldn’t resist the awesome KX ninja outfits and the new elemental blades.

2014 was really awesome especially because I got the sets 4 months earlier than all my other fellow Americans. Details are a little fuzzy. I loved the new ninja face masks and my favorite Ninjago set ever came out, The Thunder Raider.

2015 was probably the third best year of Ninjago, but I never got around to getting any sets. But I really think the best part was the Possession episodes, which to me showed a spike in quality.

2016 hasn’t arrived to America yet, but the first 3 episodes of the new season is Ninjago’s best. The sets also look really great and I love the new ninja should pad piece and the new Soultaker Blades. (I might have mixed up Djinn Nadakhan and Suicide Squad’s Katana’s weapons. : P)

2 Likes

That’s an amazing story, great to see that Bionicle had such a big impact in your school life as well as in your friendships! :smile: Trading parts and creating adventures with MOCs…gosh your childhood must’ve been a blast!

I only knew a few kids in primary school who had a moderate interest in Bionicle, but the conversations we had regarding the subject diminished as the years went on (mostly because they “outgrew” it). It was like just any other childish fad like Pokemon cards and Tamigotchi, fading away… I would only bring sets on the last day of school to show off, but no one would really care. :cry:

In high school barely anyone knows what Bionicle is (or at least pretend not to), so my only saving grace in interacting with fans is here on the MBs.

3 Likes

My mom criticised us for playing with the boobs, but I was well over 17 when I got the Viceroy herself, so… (hashtag)notawkward

1 Like

#ProbablyShouldHaveStatedYouWereOver17InTheFirstPlaceToEliminateAnyMisconceptionsAndIThinkIJustMadeTheLongestHashtagEver

Btw, If you want to make an actual hashtag, just hit the space bar once and then type your hashtag.

#EverythingIsPossibleJustSayThatQuoteYouWereSeventeenAndEverythingIsSolvedEndQuoteYouWontMakeTheLongestHashtagEverIThinkThatItWasMadeWellBeforeYouICantProvideALinkThoughButIThinkSomeoneMadeItNowSayTheHashtagOfYoursWithOneBreath

I see. Thanks for the insight :smile:

1 Like

#ProbablyShouldGetBackOnTopic

2 Likes

#Yap

So, any recent memories regarding LEGO and Bionicle?

1 Like

Just a bunch of Ninjago stuff in post #70.

I remember way back in 05 when I always made giant forts out of plastic tubs and blankets to uses as lairs for the villains.

Another thing I remember is dumping out my box of bionicles and having to pit back on all of the pieces that fell off. It would sometimes take so long, that I wouldn’t play with them afterward. I keep my sets far more organized now.

5 Likes

I always could throw my Bonkle pieces precisely into the containers, no matter how far I was from the container itself (I lasted for about 10-12 metres).

2 Likes

I didn’t get a Ninjago set until July 2015. :smile:
Excluding a spinner my cousin left at my house and forgot existed.

I remember going to this book store (Can’t remember what it’s called.) and getting a LEGO City Fire Truck and a PotC set. I don’t know what it’s called, but it had Jack, Elizabeth, and Barbosa, and Barbose skeleton.

[quote=“Booster_Gold, post:86, topic:10515”]
Excluding a spinner my cousin left at my house and forgot existed.
[/quote]Coincidentally this all happened on the same day…