Lego Overwatch Discussion/Speculation Topic

This set actually look really good. I’m sad it doesn’t come with his grapple, but the fact that it’s only supposed to be $20 astonishes me. I might just buy it.

Also, is anything that turns into a ball a Bohrok, then?

Hammond look so amazing, though.

What’s weird is that this is the first character LEGO’s made that wasn’t available upon release. I’m surprised they didn’t do something a little more “OG” before moving into the new ones. Oh, well, it gives me more hope for Moira.

But this set…

I’m getting. This is perfection. Say what you want about whatever, but Roadhog is perfect, this set is awesome, and I love everything about it. Except Junkrat’s gun, though I like the printed tile piece.

3 Likes

I didn’t expect to laugh at this as hard as I did.

1 Like

Both of these sets are excellent. I am really glad LEGO is sticking with the Overwatch theme for a little longer because we have gotten some great sets with great pricing. These two largely continue that trend.

Wrecking ball looks really good and the value is there. I like the Junkertown set but I do not know if there is $50 in volume of stuff in it. It probably has a lot more to offer in person.

I really like that both of these are display-oriented with some cool and useful features, because I primarily enjoy sets for their build and display value. I’m also really surprised that Junkrat’s gun is not a stud shooter. This adds to the mature feel of the sets for me.

2 Likes

Group shot.

As for Wrecking ball

inhales

Dark Orange Hordika Necks

6 Likes

Wrecking Ball looks really good. I might pick him/her/it up.

1 Like

It’s a him.

And I want him.

4 Likes

Dark Orange Hordika Necks

Can’t tell if they’re dark orange or plain orange from the cgi. New bionicle recolors either way. Roadhog’s bike has yellow technic cams which are even more useful imo.

4 Likes

It only gets better.

5 Likes

I SEE NON-LEGO PARTS

Kill it with fire

1 Like

Where? As far as I can tell, it’s more or less the Bastion set.

2 Likes

How else would you propose the fingers or the tank cannon

I think he’s lovely.

There are some key differences, namely the head, shoulders, and a but more, but I like him the way he is. And this is the only skin I will ever use for him, at least until I get Gwishin.

3 Likes

Unpopular opinion here, but I hope LEGO Overwatch ends as soon as possible.

1 Like

Why though? Besides the obvious reason

Also, is this the farthest LEGO’s been represented in a video game that it was not involved in its creation?

3 Likes

B̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶m̶e̶n̶t̶.̶

1 Like

I disagree entirely, otherwise we would only have Minecraft to represent the gaming industry

1 Like

I don’t follow. Why would we as consumers “need” any LEGO theme? They’re just toys…

4 Likes

I think “want” would be a better word.

1 Like

But…

We do want it…

2 Likes

Okay… who’s “we” in this scenario? Clearly some people want these sets. They appeal to the large Overwatch player base. What’s more, they introduce loads of new parts and colors that AFOLs have been fawning over.

5 Likes

I personally come from a totally unbiased point of view. I don’t play the game and pretty much ignore it, and I haven’t really been mad at or happy with Lego for a while either.

I think that the Overwatch sets are nice. While not a lot of people might not understand the lore behind them, they will appreciate the new pieces and pieces in new colors.
For example, D.Va’s tiny little pistol. New piece, and it’s in pink.
I almost got that set because it had some pretty epic parts in it. Reinhardt’s helmet would make for a great Sauron or King of Angmar helmet. The shoulder pieces would be awesome for mechs.
I can go on about the other sets too.
But I think that it shouldn’t really matter that Lego chose Overwatch, not for those who don’t play it. They should focus on the new pieces and colors that are being brought to them.

5 Likes