Lego Star Wars Constraction Figures Discussion

you could always just place the cloth piece below the armor

2 Likes

That would not fix the issue since the torso shell is not designed in a way for that too look descently visually appealing. Also the torso plating for the movie version goes only to the waist area and cuts straight to then be replaced by the cloth skirt. The current Lego SW male torso shell is not adequate for figures that arent troopers, that dont have belts, or have a cloth related accessory that goes under or over any armor.

I would say the female shell is more neutral in this regard, if only they made Rey have a full body cloth piece, instead of half print half cloth thing. Also I dont understand why they couldnt make her upper arm ball joint pieces in tan to match the tan bone pieces…and also why not make the lower bone pieces also in tan to match the hands. While printing for robot characters worked fine (for some), more often than not printing on organic humanoid characters visually ditracts from the set, since its not suppose to be one dimensional / flat. Its suppose to have a texture on it.

This brings back to what a lot of people have been saying, and its that CCBS works the best for armored, and robotic characters, not organic humanoids. Also, CCBS best works for LEGOs own IPs, since they can just make the armor shells make sense with its use, and shape the character around it, rather than trying to make something completely different from what the system is accustome to which what its trying with SW.

I think I could modify it to look slighty more accurate, just by cutting the pieces, but I see your point

1 Like

As a heads-up, we will be getting at least five figures in 2018. They are:

Wave One:
75533 - Boba Fett
75534 - Darth Vader

Wave 2:
75535 - Unknown Han Solo Movie Set
75536 - Unknown Han Solo Movie Set

Wave 3 (Possibly Included in Wave 2):
75537 - Darth Maul

5 Likes
  1. Darth Maul?
  2. The Han Solo movie will be next year?

Darth Maul will have a similar build to Chirutt…If done properly his head maybe useful for MOC usage.

Yes, reliable sources have described that.

Yup. That’s been confirmed. The associated figures will probably see a mid-February release date in the US.

3 Likes

Something historically happen! Four Star Wars movies in consecutive years!
2015-The force Awakens
2016-Rogue One
2017-The Last Jedi
2018-The Han Solo Movie!
And if I am right, in 2019 will be released episode 9, so this means 5 movies!!!

This is what happens when you are such a money making franchise and you were just bought by an equally greedy company of Disney…you are gonna see money making content being released each year. They have been doing this to Marvel, they are going to do it for Star Wars.

Is it too much…yes, for both cases yes.[quote=“Toa_Vladin, post:1269, topic:6922, full:true”]
I enough for Marvel, since it’s an ongrowing franchise, but Star Wars… Man, the other 6 movies were once at 3 years!
[/quote]

They have multiple movie teams doing their own movies at the same time. Its a tactic where one team finishes their movie while the other one is half finished by that time. When the second team finishes their own movie, the first team is half way done with theirs. There is substantially large gap between productions of these movies because you have a meglomaniac company like Disney fianancing you.

Each main trilogy movie is 2 years a part, plenty of time for a highly budgeted and staffed movie team to finish the next installment in the franchise. And its not like they dont have inspirations from the past and the manpower slowing them up, this is one of the best well known money grabbing franchises in history, they have planned everything quickly and in advance with a legacy of old concepts, and people to pluck from.

3 Likes

I think it’s enough for Marvel, since it’s an ongrowing franchise, but Star Wars… Man, the other 6 movies were once at 3 years!

1 Like

Heads-up, folks: you - yes, YOU - can check your local Wal-Mart or Target for the new LEGO Star Wars constraction sets using this handy web app, located on this incredibly multi-functional site! (Previously mentioned in the description of Var’s Jakku Quadjumper review.)

All of the new SWC sets due out on September 1st are listed on the Wal-Mart tool, with the prices that your local outlet expects to list them at. Take a look! Following the creation of a free account, you can also subscribe to text alerts on the arrival of these sets in stores, if, for the record, you’re like me and plan to buy at least a few of these instantly. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I aint buying sets until their price has been lowered, and thats if their price is lowered to an amount I can buy them with. Sets here cost more than in the States so Im not planing on ever buying stuff right when its released.

Hell yeah.

3 Likes

vive la révolution against lego prices

5 Likes

Bootlegs Les a go!

I mean, they’re going to be cheaper at Wal-Mart for most folks. @TeslaEffect, sorry that you live in an unfortunate place to buy LEGO.

75526 appears to be listed for $18.36 US in all Walmarts. The others are getting similar reductions, so that’s a plus. Is anyone else going to try the tool? I guess that I figured that you guys would be all over it.

-Azani

1 Like

Already? That was pretty fast…

1 Like

Walmart clearance prices are far too high for me.

2 Likes

what
Why does she look like she’s holding in a fart

4 Likes

Lot of human Ultra Builds look like they are holding farts, this one is no different.

1 Like

So, I really can’t understand. OK, the Guard, Rey and Chewie seems pretty important, buy why we get a basic PILOT instead of a tribute for Carry Fisher?

1 Like