Lego Star Wars Constraction Figures Discussion

This is why they were more expensive, and there were some persons that couldn’t buy them, unlike the CCBS sets.

When the high piece counts became a pro?

the star wars ccbs sets have terrible price per piece ratio, just look at kylo ren

I don’t care of the price per part ratio. I care of the set quality.

so what makes the ccbs star wars sets better quality than the technic star wars sets?

The fact that they actually look like the characters.

1 Like

yeah but they all have similar leg and arm builds with barely anything new besides a slight “custom” build like you saw with lava beast

Yes, but I feel that I actually can play with them, rather that taking care not to damage them.

The old technic figures were pretty cool, but technic pieces aren’t as effective at capturing the more organic nature of figures. Obviously, not every constraction SW set has nailed this, but CCBS as a hole is cleaner and more apt to posing.

Compare these:

The top model is quite a bit cleaner and more apt for display; it is easily recognizable. $25 is pretty expensive, but not terribly outrageous. Poseability is also significantly greater.

The bottom one, meanwhile, has a lot of gaps and exposed technic which makes it less presentable, although with a much more in-depth build. The price is certainly competitive with the newer models, coming in at $35, however there has certainly been inflation so perhaps today this set would fall in around $40-$45. The poseability… isn’t great as far as I can see; his arms can move, I think, but his legs appear to be almost entirely static.

While there is certainly a charm to the technic figures, to me they are relatively ugly with the conglomeration of technic and tubes. On the whole I think the SW constraction line has been doing fairly well design-wise, though I would welcome the use of more technic in vehicles.

7 Likes

Really?

Well, the Uniters were $20, and I’m pretty sure it’s been proven that the $5 bump isn’t actually from licensing, so yeah it’s a bit pricey.

2 Likes

Hm… 25 dollars mean 100 RON here, in Romania.

@Toa_Vladin you can play with the old technic ones the same way you can with the early g1 sets: by using their functions and gear functions

@ReeseEH bionicle had an organic look to it and it still managed to have a lot of technic in it’s bigger sized sets. you can fill those gaps with bohrok eyes you know. it sounds like you hate the old bionicle sets from g1

No you can’t. The G1 sets were much more special, because they actually had bone pieces.

so you’re saying that’s what makes the huge difference between the g1 sets and the technic star wars sets?

Man, what I am saying is that it’s way more easier to play with Vakama Metru than with Muaka.

so you’re saying we need more small sized sets in constraction?

We can make big sized sets using the contraction pieces.

so you want more sets like general grievous? the only good star wars set from ccbs in my opinion is general grievous because of how well he sues ccbs bones

No, I want sets like these:

so do you think we need more technic armour pieces like we got with mataoro/jaller mahri, mata nui’s lower legs and skrall armour?