Lego Star Wars Constraction Figures Discussion

What?! No. These mocs are the perfect example that we canmake perfect sets without using toooo much technic and using more Bionicle original pieces/CCBS. Great job, @CallanLoF.

those mocs have too much system, when I but ccbs, i expect tehcnic and ccbs, not bricks

So you’re saying that LEGO shouldn’t use system in sets?

they shouldn’t use in ccbs because it’s not good for making buildable figures

These mocs are perfect and they use system.

I don’t like the huge amount of system used in their torsos

The system gives them nice details and make them to look cool.
At least its better than Technic.

you can make details with g1 pieces

And they use G1 pieces.

Bionicle had a mechanical look (with all the pistons and greebles) because that was part of the aesthetic; Technic readily fit with that system. Like @Toa_Vladin as saying as well, the old technic figures don’t appear to use the Toa Mata limbs and don’t have much else in common with those early Bionicle sets outside of using technic. Even then, however, these figures use purely technic which doesn’t look as aesthetically pleasing with all the gappy pieces, specifically because these builds are looking to be organic; in contrast, the Bionicle sets were trying to make mechanical figures. Some of the old technic figures such as the podracer repair droid and droideka work well because they are supposed to be mechanical; Darth Vader, Jango Fett, and the Stormtrooper, on the other hand, don’t look nearly as nice.

2 Likes

So those star wars sets amirite.

Anywho, has there been any sightings of clearance TLJ sets?

3 Likes

why would they go back when this system is much more customizable

1 Like

I agree. The more complex technic build was more fun, but did not appeal to children.

The technic designers were very creative with the sculpture designs given the studless technic parts that were new at the time. The person that designed the Destroyer Droid knew what they were doing and crafted a well engineered functional model. Can’t say the same for the current buildable figures which lack functions and an engaging build. It all feels hollow now, like the shells that disguise each figure.

3 Likes

Woah that’s deep.

Choose:

• CCBS Figures
  • Technic Figures

0 voters

2 Likes

If you’d ask me which one I’d prefer, it’d have to be the technic figures. They have an odd style to them, but they embrace it. Their builds are interesting, and for their time, they look quite nice.

The CCBS figures want to compete with legitimate action figures, but don’t want to take any risks. Most figures feel half-baked, especially with the coverage, or lack of. In addition, most figures are $5 more than your average Black Series figure. This wouldn’t be such an issue, except the Black Series figures are leagues better than these, in terms of being a good action figure. They have the same posability, but also have some dimension, something that the buildable figures lack.

3 Likes

I think you bring up a good point about the action figures; my first response to this is that the reason why Lego is unique is because the idea is that you can build and rebuild whatever you want… but following that train of thought, I think perhaps the greatest flaw of these characters is that that is all you get; a figure. There isn’t any reason to rebuild it because it’s a character from a movie; but if you’re buying it because it’s from the movie and you want a figure why not buy an actual action figure that looks better on the whole? Bionicle has a great draw because not only are you buying the figure to get the characters, but you can also use those parts to build your own Toa and villains. Star Wars constraction doesn’t have this.

As for technic figures, I wouldn’t mind them as much if they were modernized and given proper poseability and looked a little more clean.

2 Likes

I prefer the technic figures because they’re more interesting sets; the ccbs figures might have better coverage and a more movie-accurate look, but they can’t compete with non-Lego SW action figures if around the same price. With the technic figures, you have something that is very clearly styalized amd unique; with the ccbs figures you have what I feel is a poor attempt at an imitation of the real thing. This isn’t to say I don’t like the ccbs sets, I have quite a few, but I prefer the technic sets

4 Likes

Well BZPower and TOYARK recently posted images for Darth Maul:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/392415434101620739/414424198149046273/6723.jpg

The elbow appears to be loose mainly for the arm function to do something like this:

5 Likes