LEGO Star Wars Topic

If I had loads of extra money to spend, sure I would.

1 Like

Yeah, (then the $500 price would make sense)

1 Like

I dunno. The current MSRP makes a fair bit of sense to me, especially when you look at Jang’s numerical breakdowns:

3 Likes

It’s not too outlandish to believe, but seeing how the original set at a $399.99 price tag was out only a few months prior to the release of this new 499.99 Death Star makes it slightly less worth it in my opinion. This could have been rectified by a delayed release to a date a few years down the line, but this, as mentioned before, would leave a gaping hole in the Star Wars product selection. In other words, fans would have been disappointed, angered, and/or bitter no matter what. :confused:

4 Likes

What @Plural said

As for the UCS sets this year.
The sets are fine.
They shouldn’t be UCS

3 Likes

So, we shouldn’t be getting any traditional “UCS” sets this year?

No, I’m saying we should be, but different ones.
Ones that aren’t playsets or ones extremely similar to past years.
I have no problem with the builds, but UCS has always been more about collector’s items and display builds than playsets, which both of these kind of are.

1 Like

So… we should be getting four massive sets with huge development cycles per year? I dunno, that seems like a bit much…

I’ll be honest, I’m not hugely educated on the topic at hand, but what I’ve gathered is that UCS has a set number of sets a year, and those are typically very large pieces for display.
These are more play oriented.[quote=“legomaster1378, post:194, topic:1438”]
So… we should be getting four massive sets with huge development cycles per year? I dunno, that seems like a bit much…
[/quote]

I admittedly agree with that.

Very true, but from what I understand, LEGO has a finite number of designers who have a limited number of hours to design the sets every year. This year, they’ve decided to devote their energies to large playsets. Maybe things will change in 2017.

3 Likes

Ok.
I think I understand this a bit better.
UCS gets confusing sometimes.

2 Likes

Where would they put the Rogue One scenes? The entire model is already really filled up.

In addition, we don’t really know how many scenes are going to take place inside the Death Star, or how iconic/memorable they’ll be.

2 Likes

Rogue One’s story is to retrieve the plans for the Death Star, correct?

We don’t know how much of that will take place on the Death Star or how conducive it will be to making a scene in set form.

1 Like

It looks like Brickset got their review copy:

ooh

I like the new Dianoga underwater gimmick

I think they improved a decent amount, the only thing that they realistically could have done at this point was smooth out the sides of the model.

It’s like Christmas came early.

8 Likes

I. NEED. Revan.

I NEED IT!!!

I am lifting my personal Star Wars embargo for this, so I better get one.

2 Likes

I want…
Gimme…

2 Likes