LEGO Star Wars Topic

JANGBRiCKS recently released a full review of the new Death Star as well as a video comparing the new and old minifigure selections.

I can’t help but smile while watching Jang’s Death Star review. The design certainly isn’t perfect, but LEGO has captured so many iconic moments and scenes from the movies. It just seems like it would be such fun to play with; exactly the kind of thing I would have been completely infatuated with 10 years ago. I honestly think that it’s one of the best play-sets to come out of the LEGO Star Wars line.

Those minifigs… oh gosh, those minifigs. The new updates are amazing. Though there are a few things that I kinda miss:

• The Emporor’s old grey face
  • Vader’s classic helmet
  • The Imp Guards’ spears
  • Ben Kenobi’s cloak

How about you guys?

5 Likes

Although the new Death Star droid has an awesome head mold, I kinda prefer the basic protocol droid. It just looks a bit cooler IMO.

Don’t know how to feel about this new Death Star being a near mirror of the previous version as far as the design goes, but man, those updated minifigs look really cool!

I don’t see myself buying this set any time soon, but I may try to get some of the minifigs from bricklink (the new Tarkin, those Death Star Gunners and Troopers and the new Han Solo hair piece really stand out to me in particular as being really great).

1 Like

I understand where you’re coming from. I really like the general look of the black protocol droid (though the smudgy printing and lack of eyes bring the figure down a bit IMO). Overall though, I think I prefer the newer RA-7.

1 Like

I’m probably gonna order the AT-ST and the Advent Calendar on Force Friday.

1 Like

So, US Lego stores are giving away revan polybags with Any Star Wars purchase

RIP my friend who bought two of the old ones opened.

I personally think this is great, it allows a VERY fan-loved character to be more easily acquired. Leaving it limited would be like making Ekimu’s Protector form a convention exclusive.

2 Likes

Kinda sucks that fans that use S@H can’t get one anymore.

2 Likes

I got completely screwed over for this promotion. I woke up at 4:30 AM, planning to order the shuttle and tank, and of course Revan. Not available. I check back two hours later… Still not available. Finally, I am able to order the two sets I want, but Revan is not there, just stupid Lavaria (which I bought a week ago, it was supposed to end on the 18th). I check Lego’s Twitter to see that it is out of stock. Great.
TL;DR: Lego’s website and bad rules cheated me out of a Revan. I was paying far more than those that just got a stupid keychain for the deal.

1 Like

Now I feel bad, because I got mine, and I ordered at 8:00 exactly.
It might’ve had something to do with the fact that we directly called customer service since the site wasn’t working.

What did you order and what time zone is this?

Eastern Time Zone, I ordered the Advent Calendar.
It might have to do with state.

I should have ordered some stupid cheap set :confused:
It really aggravates me that they made this system so abusable by including such cheap sets, and that the site’s techical troubles cheated me out of this figure. I have been chasing Revan for over two years. This was the only second chance they’ll probably have for anything like this. Super disappointing.

1 Like

You know what? I think I know something that might cheer you up, just a little.
Since Revan is now way more widely owned, his price (opened) will probably drop, and you could get him for a reasonable price on Bricklink. Think, 10-20 bucks, opened.

Oh, I just went to my local store and got the hover tank, and revan, so worth it

4 Likes

I’m glad you got it.
(Mostly because I wouldn’t want to have seen your wrath if you hadn’t) XP
Yeah, but I think I got it, too.
Barring unforeseen circumstances…

2 Likes

How much do you guys want to bet in a few weeks the Revan polybag will be $10 on eBay?

4 Likes

How bout ten hypothetical dollars so I can buy it with my winnings?

1 Like

Sure, you might need a little more though. I’ve seen polybags go for $20 :open_mouth:

1 Like

Seems like I won’t need it.
BECAUSE I GOT IT TODAY!

1 Like