LEGO Star Wars Topic

Definitely. I just really wish they were available in silver/gunmetal (I can’t think of any black Westar-35s in the canon).

Perhaps. They overall feel a bit blocky though. That’s my main problem with 'em.

They aren’t available in those colors?
Crud. I’ll still get them, though, the guy I’m using them on doesn’t appear in canon (totally not me) so that doesn’t matter quite as much as if I were to use them on Sabine or Pre Viszla.

True, especially when compared to Brickarms.

Well, they aren’t real Lego, so even purists can paint them :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m loving Yoda’s Interceptor. It’s just so funky looking, kind of like the character it’s for. The new Phantom (from what I can see at least) looks alright. The shaping of the vehicle is beyond superb, and the stickers used really give what would look like a pretty generic set some life. I’m just wondering if it will be able to connect with the Ghost and Rex’s AT-TE, although it most likely will.

Yoda’s Intercepter looks like the best set of the wave TBH.

1 Like

Official pictures of the new sets are here:

75172 Y-Wing Starfighter

75171 Battle of Scarif

75164 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack

75165 Imperial Trooper Battle Pack

6 Likes

Very nice! I loved the previous Y-Wing (it’s one of my favourite sets I own). This new version looks suitably bulky and detailed. The shaping and exposed engine parts look great. I’m glad that they’ve seemingly finally fixed the super loose ion canon (though the front canons look a tad long IMO). Also, all those minifigs look glorious.

A SW set with a substantial terrain piece! Yippee! This set looks a bit boring but it seems like a really appropriate base to place figures on (speaking of which, the ones in this set look spot on). Also, another one of those cool orange crates. Cool!

Hmmm, that speeder and terrain piece look very nice (probably some of the best battle pack builds we’ve gotten in a while). The torsos and heads look suitably varied and different (it’s a shame that we aren’t getting more different skin tones/aliens though). I love that we’re getting another new recolour of the Hoth rebel helmet.

However, I am really not a fan of those M1-style helmets. They just look really ugly to me. I would have much preferred recoloured versions of the Endor commando helmets. We know that they exist in Rogue One.

This looks alright. The walker evokes both the classic 2009 clone battlepack walker and some of the oversized walker design we saw in The Force Unleashed.

It’s great that we’re getting some more regular Stormies in a battlepack but… Death Troopers? I knew it was coming, but it still confounds me. Why put a pair of one of the rarest, most elite Imperial units into a battlepack? I can’t make sense of it. Oh well…

Overall I’m quite impressed with the Rogue One set lineup. What do you guys think?

3 Likes

The Death Troopers appear to be infantry versions, lacking the grenade, belt, and pauldron printing, and the pauldron itself.

Hmmm, very good point, that hadn’t quite clicked with me. I guess it remains to be seen whether these “infantry Dark Troopers” will be canon. Most of the Rogue One promo material so far has made the Death Troopers out to be an elite commando group.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t know if they’ll actually appear.
But it is nice that these are a different version from those in Krennic’s Shuttle, it makes the original more special.

1 Like

Oddly enough, I kind of feel like the regular stormtroopers are out of place here. I’m more than glad that they’re there and that it’s not just one (like the more than dreadful TFA First Order pack), but in a film like Rogue One that just seems so gritty and dirty, I would think that clean stormies would be less than common. I guess if they switched out the troopers from the Battlefront pack from this year with these ones it would make a bit more sense, but it’s just a nitpick.

2 Likes

I dunno, we’ve seen plenty of gleaming white Stormies in the promo material so far:

3 Likes

Pictures of the CCBS figures and the non-RO sets have also been released:

75168: Yoda’s Jedi Starfighter

75169: Duel on Naboo

75170: The Phantom

75523: Scarif Shoretrooper

75524: Chirrut Îmwe

75525: Baze Malbus

I’m really liking the line-up this year. Yoda’s Starfighter looks fun and goofy, Duel on Naboo looks like a decent representation of the Duel of the Fates lightsaber fight, and the new Phantom looks great!

There doesn’t seem to be too many new minifigs, though DoN looks like it’s going to be one of the cheapest ways to get the newest versions of Maul, Qui-Gon, and Obi-Wan. The Phantom by far has the best minifigures in the whole line-up, with Kanan’s more than rad hair/visor piece hybrid and a semi accurate Thrawn since his eyes are more blue than red.

9 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about this one. I’d have to see it with the wings extended to really make a decision. Also, where does R2 fit?

I’m torn about this one. On one hand, it’s awesome to finally get a representation of this scene (and a relatively cheap one at that). It looks like a great way to get 3 very iconic and desirable minifigs. On the other hand, I don’t feel like it represents the Theed power generator plant very well. There’s too much black that dominates the model. It makes it feel more Imperial then Nubian.

The colours and proportions (especially that front canopy) make it feel a bit too toy-ish to me. The minifigs look great (though Thrawn’s eye colour is a definite miss).

Cool! The printed parts are probably gonna have limited reuse. Also, what on earth are those tan things on his thighs?

1 Like

OMG! THRAWN! MASKED Kanan! Must have! I really love the new Phantom too! I also find it interesting how the new Phantom was only introduce d like a month ago but it already got a set form.

1 Like

I’m definitely getting the Phantom, I love it.
I also want the Shoretrooper, the other stuff is kinda meh, except the Duel on Naboo, which is just awful, IMO.

LEGO was probably given the concept art for it over a year ago. It is cool that their SW TV show set releases are timely for once.

2 Likes

Well assuming that they put somewhere for R2 to fit at all, my guess would be that it would go somewhere in the back kinda like how it does officially

Except in this case, they might have put the connection further back to make space in the cockpit

4 Likes

I’ve noticed that the Vader’s TIE Advanced vs. A-Wing Starfighter set has the “retiring soon” badge on LEGO’s website, even though it only came out in June.

I get a kick out 75169 Duel on Naboo. It’s literally just a little pit with some play features tacked on.

2 Likes