LEGO Star Wars Topic

Aaay I had that one. 'Twas cool.

The thing I hate about the new Landspeeder is that Ben Kenobi has the robes printed on him. That just makes me upset.

I have that set!

1 Like

Meh, the new A-Wing has a much wider wedge shape that seems closer to most of it’s on-screen depictions (though it really depends on what angle you’re viewing it at).

Agreed. The new one is just, bleh… :stuck_out_tongue:

Really? I knew it was uncommon but I never realized it was that rare. I guess I’ve just become to used to seeing it on MOCs.[quote=“Chronicler, post:309, topic:1438”]
The thing I hate about the new Landspeeder is that Ben Kenobi has the robes printed on him. That just makes me upset.
[/quote]

How else could they have done it?

2 Likes

I’m fine and all of the robes being printed on and all, but they could have at least included a hood for Ben, since he wears it constantly in the first half of the film.

2 Likes

Very good point, though a hood alone might have looked weird. Maybe a hood and a cape?

1 Like

I would have preferred that over the printing. The printing just looks bad to me. That’s how they used to do it for Lego Star Wars, and it looked good.

2 Likes

I agree. However, the printed robes are more accurate to how Alec Guinness was dressed in the OT.

2 Likes

When it comes to LEGO minifigs for me, I like accuracy and all, but if it LOOKS better than the accurate version, it’s better IMO.

1 Like

Agreed. Plus, the caped version is more useful for different situations IMO. I suppose LEGO just doesn’t see that way.

On a slightly related note, I just found this phenomenal custom “Mythos” Obi-Wan Kenobi figure.

Imgur

7 Likes

And he’s got pieces of his Clone Wars armor in his back pack. Great. Now I’m having emotions.

4 Likes

Really? I knew it was uncommon but I never realized it was that rare. I guess I’ve just become to used to seeing it on MOCs.

It’s extremely rare. Soft hose only comes in three sets, technic Destroyer Droid, Scuba throwbot, and Wacky Windup. The rigid version is available now in a few sets. The similar pneumatic hose is also out now, but it comes in a slightly wider diameter which means that it can’t attach to clips.

2 Likes

Really? I’ve seen tons of AFOLs use them in MOCs over the years, I just assumed it was an older part that a select group of people were more fond of using.

Brickset released a review of the Ghost, and I’ve noticed something about Thrawn I’m not too big of a fan of.

Now both of these faces look fine and all, but I find it odd that the fig is lacking his usual smirk that he holds in the Rebels show. Sure, it might be a nitpick, but I kind of thought the repetitive use of the facial expression displayed Thrawn’s more devilish side.

3 Likes

Can you link to Thrawn’s smirk in Rebels? Because he’s traditionally been portrayed with a serious expression pretty close to that first LEGO face:

1 Like

Hmmm…
I couldn’t find anything. Consider my point void.

Although I just noticed that the minifigure’s rank is wrong

4 Likes

It’s really nice to see Thrawn in Minifig form, at least.

3 Likes

Yeah, but as Brickset said, that’s because LEGO only had the original concept art to work off of. The same thing happened with the colour of Fulcrum/Ahsoka’s lightsabers. Not the designers’ fault.

1 Like

I’m so getting the new Phantom set. It looks nice sure, but THRAWN! I was so excited that Thrawn was being brought back from the black hole that is the EU to Canon, and now we get a minifig. Yes, please!

4 Likes

The phantom looks amazing but it’s so expensive

knowing me I’ll get it anyway

2 Likes

guis

Yoda’s Hut

Yoda’s Hut = ESB

ESB = Cloud City

2018 UCS CLOUD CITY CONFIRMED?!?!

6 Likes