LEGO Star Wars Topic

I only buy Star Wars sets that I can use for MOC scenes. The AT-ST and the tank are really good Imperial ground vehicles, but I’m still having trouble justifying the price.

1 Like

Good point

1 Like

So, the new death star set’s cover art has been “leaked” and, its very disappointing, and I’m starting to worry about the future of UCS
(I wont link or show the picture)

I know these were all leaked a while ago, but for those who haven’t seen them (Or want to see official stuff):
75152: Imperial Assault Hovertank

I’m actually pretty excited about this one. The Stormies are spot on, Chirrut looks sick, and the vehicle itself looks pretty formidable, although a bit bland.

75155: Rebel U-wing Fighter

I’m loving the design of the U-Wing; it looks like your everyday SW ship. The figs are alright for what they are.

75119: Sergeant Jyn Erso

It’s an okay CCBS figure, although the addition of a gear box seems pretty worthless considering that the weapon looks to be for more ranged purposes than melee.

75159: Death Star

Four words:

Worst UCS Year Ever

9 Likes

Agreed.

4 Likes

The issue is, there’s no other Lego Star Wars subseries they could have sold it under, and I can imagine the UCS completists aren’t fond of spending $400 + a $250-350 set later in the year.

Just to add on to this, the new Death Star’s price was officially announced.

It’s $500 bucks.

Definitely not worth it.

If they wanted us to spend that much money they should have given us something actually NEW.

4 Likes

You know, like a hypothetical shell to cover the model for people who want a better display… Which would, hypothetically, MAKE THE SET MORE WORTH THE MONEY!

Seriously, come on with these three 403s. :\

5 Likes

or just raise it another $100

I’d still rather have the chance to buy it than it just be discontinued or have outdated minifigures.

Also, I ran $400 from 2008 through an inflation calculator. It’s $450 now.

The new Death Star is only HALF as much more money as people think it is.

1 Like

I dunno. For what it is, I don’t think it’s terrible. The minifigs were in dire need of an update, and it’s still a solid play-set. As for the bumped-up price tag, I’m gonna wait for the in-depth Jang review before I pass judgement. Maybe there was some grand structural modification/rebuild that we simply can’t see from these pics.

3 Likes

Which isn’t even as bad as people think.

Nothing is wrong to me about giving people another chance for a large, updated set.

1 Like

Where did you get those Rogue One pics?

@MavezIgnikari The Rogue One set pics are on Bzpower’s youtube channel.

+100 for nothing new
Its pretty bad, its AOH bad, at least hoth had new builds, and wasn’t $500
Seriously, all i want is UCS kylo ren shuttle, that,would be cool, that or an updated x-wing or tie interceptor, maybe Vader bust?

4 Likes

I think you missed my above comment, it’s actually only +$50 when the original price was adjusted for inflation.

1 Like

I’m taking the price from what it was when it stopped selling last year, at about $400

1 Like

(one which Lego probably would have had to raise regardless due to the new premium of the Star Wars licensing)

1 Like

There other stuff hasn’t raised, also if you’re saying that the licensing would make it be extremely expensive, then why isn’t the DISNEY castle also $500? Disney has been pretty forgiving when it comes to licensing.

2 Likes

Because no other Star Wars set has been manufactured for 8 years straight?

(also, this set includes a plethora of named characters, which have their own copyrights)

Again, quite a few less named characters are included, and by this point I think Star Wars is a more recognizable brand than the Disney Castle’s design.