Line Admiral Thrawn Minifigure

Quick disclaimer: I’m not sure if this is in the right classification, however Community Reviews seems to be the place to put it.

Long story short, what’s up with the Thrawn Minifig?

I mean, sure, $60 is a big price to pay for (essentially) the one minifigure, but that’s not the big issue - The Minifigure is wrong!?!

Not just a small thing either, his Rank Plack (on the minifig) indicates that he is simply an Admiral, as opposed to Grand Admiral, which is what he is in the books and in the Rebels tv show.

What’s up with that? Any thoughts on the issue?

6 Likes

Uh…

Yes, it is. It’s very small. Only people who were very familiar would even catch that, and it’s a minuscule detail. It’s just a small patch on his chest. Really, I see no major issue.

1 Like

Only people very familiar with Stars Wars would buy it too. Your logic does not apply here.

2 Likes

Actually, it does. It’s just a tiny detail, and Lego minifigures are rarely ever perfectly accurate to a character from something else. So, is it actually worth being concerned by? In my opinion, it’s such a small and easily-missed detail that it isn’t worth fussing over. You have every right to have an issue, but I personally think it’s beyond a nitpick.

1 Like

Minifigs tend to exclude tiny details, but if they include them, they should be right. - Especially considering that only hardcore fans will consider getting the Thrawn minifig.

5 Likes

I’m a Star Wars fan myself. I don’t think this is THAT important.

5 Likes

I read the Brickset review where they explain that it’s most likely based on the “Concept Artwork” of the character for the Rebels tv show.
As far as I’m aware, that is a normal thing to happen since the Lego team is given designs in advance so that they can have the sets on time (such as the Spiderman minifig).

9 Likes

It’s probably the most logical explanation. I’m not sure how tie in license sets are done, but if they miss a detail form what it suppose to be, it would make sense because they mostly based on the concept artwork.

Tho 60 dollars is pricey for a collectible minifigure but it is a license minifigure so yeah.

1 Like

This
That’s the reason why LEGO royally screwed up on Kylo Ren’s Shuttle since they only could work off of concept art and a few models.

2 Likes

Not really, it is kind of his whole deal - he is Grand Admiral Thrawn - it is a part of the Character’s identity as a military leader.

Ah, gotcha. This makes more sense. Thanks![quote=“Mexicaknight, post:8, topic:32641”]
Tho 60 dollars is pricey for a collectible minifigure but it is a license minifigure so yeah.
[/quote]

I mean, technically it is a part of a set, but the other characters and the ship are forgettable.

This Minifigure comes with the new Phantom set. I personally don’t see any similarity between the new and the old one.

1 Like

The reason why the new Phantom is radically different from its predecessor is because of the source material, Star Wars Rebels.

In the show, the original Phantom was destroyed after the Ghost crew infiltrated an Imperial junkyard to capture a few Y-Wings. In a later episode revolving around the Clone Wars, they used a Sheathipede-class transport shuttle to escape a few AT-ATs. This shuttle later became their new Phantom.

4 Likes

Thank you very much. I am not looking at the show.

2 Likes

What’s your point? Your tiny lego dude is missing 2 dots or something. Personally I’ve never seen the point in spending a whole lot of money for tiny figure that’s made of exactly 10 pieces of plastic, just because it has some extra dots or lines.

1 Like

The reason it’s a major issue is that this particular character is an iconic military leader, with the rank of Grand Admiral created for him by Sidious himself, with only twelve existing at any one time - I mean, this character outranks Grand Moff Tarkin!

And with his iconic rank, It feels like a let-down to not have it represented on the minifig.

I get that there’s a bunch of people who aren’t concerned by it, and that’s fine, but as someone who takes a personal pride in having a Lego Imperial Medical officer with the right plack in my MOCs, it means I can’t use him as Grand Admiral Thrawn, because the minifig represents Admiral.

It wouldn’t be as bad if it was just wrong, except that it does mean something else.

Alright. I can understand how that would be a problem when you’re paying that much for a minifig.

1 Like

It is nitpicky to complain about this. But then again, this costs $60, so it better be accurate.

2 Likes

I’m not really sure it’s a nitpick… It’d be a nitpick to complain about the young looking face, this is more on par with the old clone trooper 212th minifigs being the wrong colour, or still getting clone heads for stormtroopers - major character issues.

1 Like

It’s a pretty small detail, but a bit bothersome, yeah. It’s unfortunate, but not the end of the world.

1 Like

Just paint the incorrect ones yellow.