Literature: Rules and Guidelines (UPDATED: APRIL 7 2018)

Does undetailed death count? For example can we write that a character did a matoro?

1 Like

As far as I know about this rule it’s more implying excessive gore, such as describing the intricacies of someone being injured or their death. You know something like that, if you wrote that someone died and a brief explanation of their death, such as if they were stabbed through the heart or beheaded and leave it at that, I’m sure that’s just fine.

1 Like

I am not interested in telling people what they can, or cannot, write about. However, keep it PG. Just like descriptions of Love can be PG, or R rated, so can violence and gore. That’s where the excessive bit comes in.

You want to describe someone dying from a bullet to the head, that’s one thing. You want to describe, in detail, blood and brains and etc splattering on a wall due to that shot to the head? Little more excessive. Think of it this way: If it happened in the Bionicle story, then it’s probably safe for here.

It’s a case by case system, consider these rules a warning that you can write about whatever you want however you want, but bear in mind that there are young’ins here on the site.

5 Likes

Okay good, I know what I’m doing now

1 Like

Thank you this is very helpful.

1 Like

So is this the place to put the Bionicle TRPG I wrote?

1 Like

Are we allowed to post poems here? If not, where would they go?

1 Like

Poems should be allowed, others have been posted before and it is literature, so it should be fine.

2 Likes

So, question: where is the line drawn for gore?

1 Like

Is it okay revise our stories and add a note where we revised them?