Machine Wars - Escape from Cybertron (sign-up and OOC discussion)

Uhm… No. I am not letting you have a tail that can go for what it seems hundreds and hundreds of meters, up to even a kilometer. Everything has a limit.

I never said it could but okay.

Could be a translation error, because there is such a thing in sci-fi fantasy like a “mace sword” called a buster sword.

A buster sword is weighted so that it smashes more than it cuts or slices.

If you look up Buster Sword, you’ll only see Cloud’s weapon from FF, but i know for a fact that there are other swords like this. (Not IRL though)

For a few times now you used the sword to impale your enemies without giving details about how long it actually is. I am definitely not allowing it to be as long as the one in the image you showed, sorry.

Wouldn’t that be just a mace shaped like a sword?

What part of, I never said it will be that long you don’t understand? Surely it won’t be hundred of yards but still has a reach, you know.

Both are right, it is more of a smashing, chopping weapon than a slicing one.

When you posted that picture without saying “but this short”, it’s natural to assume that you want it to be as long or at least similar to the one in the picture.
Not to mention that you said “to see what it is”, so another thing that lead me to believe that you wanted it to be 1:1 on the picture.

So it’s a mace.
One shaped like a sword.

It would be either a quarter shorter of that or half, depends on which you prefer but I would still like it to have a reach, 'cause if it doesn’t, it defeats the purposes in having one. Plus in the show is not that op lol. Yeah, it has reach but not every Gundam there gets destroyed, at least the important, stronger once but I get what you mean with the balancing.

Yeah, one could say that.

Half of your attacks are based on it. It would have a reach even if it was shorter. I don’t really care how long you have it, as long as you don’t go forward saying “woosh! He just moved his sword in such a way that it impaled everybody”.

So, I can have it as long as the photo I’ve shown you but not going woosh on everyone in a way that it doesn’t impale everybody? Well, I can give you the proper reaction time if it does or doesn’t, you can block it or even dodged it. It has been shown in the show as well, that it can be blocked or dodged.

You can pretend that it is as long as that one, but yeah. Just don’t try to use it for overkill.

Alright, that’s fair.

1 Like

I believe it was called a sword mace due to the general thickness of the sword. A sword that thick would realistically have issues cutting. It was probably called a sword mace because it also acted as a mace dealing blunt weapon-like damage.

wait, you’ve been watching our game?

I’ve at least been watching the sign ups, at some point I was thinking about joining, but never did

If it helps technically that was a while ago, like when the RP first showed up while ago

what do you think? Care to join?/s

At this point with my lack of presence in a few RPs and a new semester of college coming up this week I won’t really have to much time.

1 Like

(@Toa_Vladin) Are Slyther and Skorpinok in the same room as Transwarp, the Seekers and Scalpel?

And so guys we got a Beast Wars-esque, totally hardcore death.
I had way to much fun writing it that I should have.

On a side note, @BlackBeltGamer98, @meepinater and @ProfSrlojohn you should really start looking for the reformatted forms of your characters.

1 Like

So how does the reformatting work? I’ve not seen BWs or BMs.

Basically, it turns this:

into this:

It’s an extremely powerful upgrade, turning the individual into a perfect balance between the technological and the organic, down to the atom level. It also has to be a beast mode, although I am not sure how much of a rule it is. I’ve never seen a reformatted individual with a vehicle mode.

1 Like