Majestic League (RP topic)

Jacob leans against one of the tables, scanning the room in that same way as he sipped on his own cup of punch.

Project: Runa sees him crush the walkie talkie. “Hey Mark, I think we’ve got something. It’s small, but I don’t think a normal person would bring a walkie talkie to a ball and then just crush it.” Runa informed him.

“What?” Mark became even more paranoid, scanning the room.
@controller_of_ice
“Have you got anything, CoI” Mark asked.

“Someone screamed into a walkie talkie and crushed it in his hand.” Project: Runa tells him. “I think that’s a sign he might be someone we need to worry about.”

The Gamemaster suddenly pushed his plate of steak aside, seeing the perfect moment to strike. He slowly stepped up to the stage in front of the dancers. He then began to ring his wineglass with a spoon. “May I have your attention ple-” The wineglass shattered from the spoon. “Well, guess they make these things out of cheap glass…”
@jayzor17
@Runa
@LTVmocs
@controller_of_ice
@Toa_Radrix
@Ace
@Traykar
@TheMightyObsidianDude
@Khalsa721
@Ghidora131
@Monopoly
The Gamemaster brought his cane down to the floor, creating a loud noise that silenced the entire ballroom. Now, he had everyone’s attention.“I have a very important announcement to Make.” The Gamemaster shot somebody nearby, and everybody screamed. “EVERYONE SHUT UP!” He boomed. The audience became quiet again and the cameras panned to his face. “City of Heroes, you have been living in an illusion for many years. The superpowered people you trust in every day, the ‘heroes’, are not what they seem. How can you all be sure that they just won’t abandoned us all one day?” The crowd began murmering amongst themselves. “We, the people whom you perceive to be “The villains”, are the ones you should be looking up to. We have what it takes to do what is right for all of us, while the heroes try to play nice and by the rules .” “We will never join you!” One man in the audience cried out. The Gamemaster chuckled. “I figured as such. That is why tonight, I shall use a weapon that will singlehandedly bring this city to its knees!” The audience murmured again, more scared this time. “You may join us in the coming of the new world…” The Gamemaster turned to directly face the cameras. “Or you shall died.” At that moment, a squad of mercenaries burst through the Ball room’s windows, instantly shooting as they landed. The crowd erupted in chaos, and The Gamemaster was lost in the sea of people.

2 Likes

Sadie looked around, disapering into some guests shadows as she took down a couple of mercenaries. If caught she could always tell the gamemaster she was earning the heros trust by fighting back.

In the confusion, Mark was caught off guard as he was tackled by two mercenaries. He kneed one of them in the chest and kicked him into the other mercenary, knocking them both on the ground. Mark began searching for the others as he navigated the crowd.

“I thought I was in it for the money?” Manpower asked, confused.

OOC: @Traykar you still are

IC: @Runa
A mercenary spotted Project:Runa and attempted to fire at him.

@Khalsa721
One mercenary rammed Sadie into a wall with his elbow, knocking the air out of her.

Project: Runa busted through the skylight, using Project: Gardna to block the bullets, and firing laser blasts at him.

The merca ary was hit with the laze blast and killed. Mark spooked Runa. “Mind helping me out?” He asked as he wrestled off a few mercanaries.

Runa aimed and fired at one, then ran up and tried to stab the other with Project: Bladearm, which was mounted on his right arm.

The first soldier tried to shoot him, but was vaporized by the laze before he could do so. The second was impaled by Project: Blade arm and killed. “Thanks.” Mark said. “Now let’s go find the others.”

@Khalsa721
The mercanaries kicked Sadie in the ribs.

Switchblade shuffled up to the front walk, the guards beginning to react, only to have a spray of bullets shower out of the glass and people begin running in all directions. The guards instantly rushed inside only to be lost from sight amidst the swarm.

“Ah…” Switchblade snarled as he debated cutting off the doors to prevent people from fleeing. “…Forget your kerfuffle, Gamemaster. I’ve got to find Mark.”

Unraveling his form into a more massive, thinner hood, he bellowed with all his might at the door, forcing a column of people back inside in terror. He continued to make himself as flamboyantly big ad imposing as possible as he crept inside to avoid people running into him and getting sliced to bits, scanning the room for Mark.

1 Like

@Ghidora131
Mark spotted Switchblade. “Gotta go.” He said to Runa, running over to meet switchblade without anyone noticing. “What do you want?”

Hydron wanted to get away from the running desperate crowd “Poor people…”

Sadie stepped back, using the shadows behind him to stab through the mercenaries chest.

“Early retirement.” He grumbled. “Gamemaster’s building some kind of machine. I can maybe guess at what it does, but I’ve only constructed a segment. If I get the opportunity I’m going to try and sabotage it.”

He scanned around for any watching eyes, and made himself appear to be threatening Mark. “What exactly should we do?”

Mark was puzzled, unsure of what to do. I’m not sure if I can trust him, but he might be the only way to stop the Gamemaster… okay, I will work with him, but I’ll kill him if he tries anything.
He drew a deep breath. “Alright, i need you to text me some inside information, including the layout and location of the Gamemaster’s lair. Right now, I need to find the other heroes. They can help us.”

@Khalsa721
The mercanaries screamed as he was killed by Sadie. Suddenly, she was struck in her shoulder by a stray bullet.

Sadie dissapeared, impaling the mercenary that shot her before using more darkness to cover her wounded shoulder “mark.” She ran up to him, noticing switchblade