Majestic League VOL. 2

“Project: Runa.” He responds.

Kaleo asks,
"Any powers?’

Runa taps his temple. “Just this one. All the rest, I made myself.”

Kaleo ponders,
“None natural, just the prosthesis you made for yourself? I have a natural ability. It’s a heightened sense of touch. I can feel vibrations in the air, like sound and other small things similar to sound that I can’t hear. When something exceeds the sound barriers I can feel it push the air. Often this sense is more useful than my own eyes and ears.”

He nods. “That is the case. I augmented myself to make me almost as much machine as I am man.” He reaches up and feels his mask, and the gem in his chest catches a glint of sunlight. He continues on with planning. “So guns are out of the question. If you’re that sensitive to vibration and noise, that’d hurt more than help.” He thinks aloud as he walks. “Possibly something melee, with some sort of mid-range attack of sorts as well so as to cover your bases.”

Kaleo thinks,
“Agreed, something of that sort would be useful. Wait… couldn’t we make a suit to reflect those vibrations or would that be out of the question?”

“If a suit reflected those vibrations, it’d have to, by extension, reflect all vibration, basically rendering your ability null.” He thinks for a second. “However, if we could somehow hook into your body a way to harness and store the amplified vibrations…wait, that’s assuming it amplifies the vibrations once they hit you, and not that your sensitivity to them is just heightened…and I said no surgery…” He thinks aloud. “I guess I can’t think of many options right now other than what I already listed.”

They’d soon come across his ship parked on the abandoned dock. It was about big enough for 1-2 people to fit in the back, although with the door closed there’d be little room to move, and 1 person in the cockpit. “Here we are.” He said, opening the back remotely.

Kaleo smiles,
“Impressive.”

OOC: I’m retconning a few things, including the Plague Doctor’s death. :wink: IC: Actually, the Plague Doctor’s battered, bloody and broken body would be lying on the ground. It seemed that He hadn’t successfully escaped after all, nor did he survive the jump. He was only armed with his pistols and daggers on him.

OOC: Well isn’t that lovely and inconvenient of you.

So what, you expect us to just reset from before they reacted to him having vamoosed?

1 Like

OOC: nope, I wrote it in a way where you don’t have to edit anything. My idea was that they thought he escaped at first, but THEN they find his body.

OOC: Okay, great, but they haven’t actually gone down there yet, seems a bit weird to put it now :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

OOC: Okay, but for future reference anyone could find it later on. :wink:

OOC: So in other words, Todd and Jacob _would have found his body, if they had gone. Present events @Mctoran, the story can advance without the plot too.[quote=“Mctoran, post:297, topic:47664”]
for future reference they will find it later on
[/quote]

And you can’t do that unless you find a way to drag their body directly into their path. Let them go where they want to in this city.

IC:

Switchblade looked about impatiently. Having a body was something he had learned to take for granted, and being able to do little but roll around and suck up dirt off the floor was irritating, at best.

3 Likes

OOC: Allow ,me to rephrase: They could find it later on. Anybody in the RP could find it.

OOC: Anybody, you say?

IC: Khan walks out of the shadows, kneeling by the corpse. He examines it thoroughly, unfazed by the villain’s bloody fate. He stands, tapping the side of his helmet to activate the microphone within.

“He’s dead,” the hero reports simply.

"What you couldn’t take him alive? Lauren replies, her voice crackling over his earpiece.

“I did not kill him. He fell.”

“Quite the fall, then. Stay put for a second, I’m tagging your location.” Khan waits silently, keeping an eye on his surroundings. “Alright, the cleanup team is on its way. Now, let’s see what’s next… Right. We have agents on the ground in the shopping district; they found the robber dead in a dumpster. No sign of the two who went after him; might be a good idea to keep an eye out for them. One had brown hair, blue eyes, middling complexion, witness reports seem to suggest that he pulled a gun out of thin air. The other was wearing a suit, possible persuasion powers, sounds like a guy we ran into during the Gamemaster incident. There’ll be pictures in your next briefing. Control’s being slow today; I’ll let you know when they give you something do. Over and out.”

Khan lowers his hand, enjoying the silence. That woman talked too much. He strides away, looking for somewhere else to be before the cleanup team arrived.

1 Like

“Wait a sec, who’s that down there?” Jacob asks, pointing down to the seaside as Khan stalks off, “Also, is that a body…?”

It certainly was a body, the body of the Plague Doctor.

Todd shrugs. “It’s probably not our concern.” He says, waking over to peer at the body Jacob referred to. “It does appear to be…”

“Isn’t that the guy we were chasing? Dunno, kinda hard to tell from up here. Not sure who else would dress up all dark like that at this time of day though.”