Majestic League VOL. 2

“Well, I have been trying to track down the Plague Doctor for some time, and you seem to be the only man who he trusts. We want to use you for a sting operation to land this sucker in prison.”

Someone can be heard laughing, very far away.

OOC: should probably rephrase that :stuck_out_tongue:

“how much are you willing to pay?”

“I’ll pay you $1,000,000 than what Chem-X has already paid.”

“so that’s 2,500,000?” He paused, thinking to himself, “only if I get the rest of what’s owed from chem-x along with it.”

The Chem-x man reluctantly agreed. “Very well.”

Later…
Lance and the Plague Doctor had met in an abandoned warehouse. Lance had been given the vial of expanding fluid by Chem-X. The Plague Doctor suddenly dropped in, staying in the shadows as much as he could. “Did you bring it?” He asked, cutting to the chase.

“why yes,” he replied, holding out his hand with the vial

The Plague Doctor snatched the Vial from Lance. “Soon, I shall have the cure…” he muttered.

He quickly pulled the vial back before he could grab it, “not so fast.”

The Plague Doctor cocked his head, confused.

“I want to know nwhat this cure is.”

The Plague Doctor seemed like he was about to say something, but a SWAT team suddenly dropped in. The Plague Doctor swiped the vial, pocketing it as the SWAT team aimed their rifles. “Don’t move!” they commanded, aiming at him. The Plague Doctor glared at Lance.

“what can I say, they paid better,” he said with a nonchalant shrug.

Runa swoops down to try to catch the man and break his fall.

The SWAT team overwhelmed and Tackled down the Plague Doctor. Howeevr, it almost seemed like he was barely resisting. The Detective smiled as he cuffed the Plague Doctor. “Thank you, Lance. You have been a great help.” he said.

He held out his hand, “my payment?”

“-Of course.” The detective took the cash from his pocket and handed it to Lance. “We might see you around. You’ll never know when we might need you again!” He said as he hauled the Plague Doctor off.

He nods, before taking it and returning to his apartment, now now nearly half a billion dollars richer

Just barely, he manages to catch the man (though the fall and his descent speed are still off by enough that he feels his rescuee’s ribs crack). The man gasps and coughs violently, as the robot spirals past them and crashes into the ground.

“Suh-suh-sto-stop-”

The man’s eyes roll back as he begins twitching violently. He looks to be having a seizure almost, or maybe the shock and impact of being caught has got to him. He goes limp a moment later, unconscious but (mostly) uninjured in Runa’s arms.