Majestic League VOL. 2

Runa rips it in half and leaves it behind, just in case there was a tracker in it, then gets into his ship. “Ready?” He asks.

@controller_of_ice
@Kirathel
@Ace
Pierce thought for moment. “Come with me.” He said, motioning for Pierce to follow him with the creator of Ice and the Dark Man.

Khan makes a shushing motion.

“Save your strength. Help is on the way.”

The group entered an elevator. Pierce pressed the top button, and they were brought to the top floor. As the elevator doors opened, the group came into what appeared to be the building’s attic.

@controller_of_ice
@Kirathel
@Ace

In front of them was the Plague Doctor Leader. He said nothing, simply staring at Pierce, Lance, The Dark man and the Creator of Ice. The air was very still, in this fleeting moment of silence.

Kaleo nods and Adam gives a thumbs up.

@Jcton
@controller_of_ice
@Kirathel
The Plague Doctor finally spoke. “I’m sure you have many questions, don’t you?” he said in his low, artificial voice.

IC: The Dark Man wordlessly stares at the Leader, for a moment.

“Yes,” he says flatly. “I also possess a deep and sincere belief I won’t care much for the answers either.”

@jayzor17

IC: The man’s breaths come short, but he nods and goes quiet. To the left of the two, Khan can see the person leaning on the wall slowly moving.

2 Likes

@Ace
@controller_of_ice

The leader chuckled. “I know what you and the larger world must think about me and my plans. You believe me to be a madman, don’t you? You think me to be some heartless beast, hiding behind a mask. Well, I am not Heartless. Nor am I Faceless…”

The Plague Doctor raised his hands to his face and threw his hood down. He then grasped at his mask and pulled it from his face. A small hissss could be heard as the Mask released the air trapped inside when it was removed. The Plague Doctor’s breathing became more ragged, now that he was without a respirator to breathe through. A scarred face was revealed behind the mask. He appeared to be a middle-eastern man, judging by the color of his skin. patches of skin were missing from his face, as well as a chunk of muscle in his neck.
The Plague Doctor then spoke. “Growing up, war was all I ever knew.”

(Flashback)
A young boy is breathlessly running through the jungles of a war-torn third world country. Gunfire and explosions could be heard in the distance. The boy is scared.

(“In my homeland, our nation was split apart. Everybody mindlessly killing each other, for reasons that even they probably didn’t know.” The Plague Doctor said.)

The Boy eventually collapses on his knees, panting. He looks up to see a large double door with an emblem of a plague mask on it. Not knowing where else to go, the boy pushes the door open and stumbles into the temple. As he looks up, he sees three tall Plague Doctor’s looming over him.

(“The Plague Doctors found me, and took me in. Over the years, they taught me their ways. I evolved from a scared boy to a wise man. And I finally understood the answers to the questions I had been asking.”)

The boy, now a young man, is handed a Plague Doctor outfit by the Plague Doctors as part of his initiation. He is trained by the docotr’s learning every form of combat, and building his body from a frail, scrawny form to a large, muscular frame.

(Not only had I had become wise, but I had also become strong and powerful.")

The man downs all of his foes with ease in his training sessions.

(But then the day came, when I was sent on one of my first missions…")

The man, Now among the ranks of the Plague Doctors, is dispatched to a chemical plant. They were here to collect chemicals to make into weapons, then blow it up. The Plague Doctors entered the building. At first, all was going well. But then a Plague Doctor disappeared. Then another, and another. The man, the last remaining Plague Doctor, is frightened by the cries of his comrads as they were taken down by an unknown foe. Then, she revealed herself. The woman has blond hair, and wore a leather jumpsuit like she was in some late-90’s spy movie. “Sorry, but I can’t let you take these.” she said. The woman and Plague Doctor have a long and violent fight, until the woman finaly takes him down. As the Plague Doctor lay on the floor, the woman reveals the switch to detonate the bombs that the Plague Doctors had planted. She smiles, walking out of the building and flipping the switch. The Plague Doctor was bathed in the chemicals, which then caught fire and exploded in a violent fireball that consumed his body.

(“As the fire claimed me, I thought about all that I had been through. I Refused to believe that it would end like that. And with that hope, I clung to life long enough to be rescued.”)

Although he was believed to be dead by the public, The Plague Doctor survived the ordeal, and was taken to the Plague Doctors’ private hospital. However, he had lost most of his skin, which was burned away in the chemical fire. He was terminally ill, and had many diseases from the exposure to chemicals. He knew that time was running out, and if something didn’t happen soon, he would die for real.

(“They did everything they could to save me, to keep me alive long enough for surgery. But it was too late. I had died.”)

Shortly after his death, The Plague Doctor’s charred, withered body was approached by a man in a government suit. He produced a syring filled with a sparkly black fluid. “Not yet. We still need you.” He siad, injecting the fluid into the back of the Plague Doctor’s skull. A few seconds later, he jolted up, shrieking as he was brought back into the painful world. He tore the cables and life support cords out of his body, his eyes now clouded over with a black murky substance. He then blacked out. The next thing he knew, he was in a lab, being experimented on. What happened during that time was a blur. At one time, The Plague Doctor found himself in a glass stasis tank, with tubes coming in and out of his body. In Another moment, he remembered being injected with various different serums, granting him strange abilities. Then, he was receiving surgery and cybernetic implants.
A special suit was constructed for For the Plague Doctor to wear. It was a plague doctor suit, with cybernetic components and armor plating. When he donned it, he became stronger than before he was injured. He became a dark entity, both respected and feared.

(End of Flashback)

“I was reborn that day, and I realized what the Plague was: War. War is the Plague.” The Plague Doctor said. “Once the world has been reborn, I shall be rewarded for my efforts by the divine.”

@Kirathel

He then put his mask back on, and turned to the Dark Man. “Why don’t you join me? You are the type of person that could help me to usher in the new world. I can sense that you have had your own fair share of pain. If I cure the plague, then such things as war, hunger and sickness will be a thing of the past.” The Plague Doctor Outstretched his hand towards the Dark man. “What do you say?”

1 Like

Runa loads GM’s remaining body into the back, then switches out Project: Judgement for arm he’d switched it for in the battle, then went into the cockpit. “You guys load in back. It’ll only take a few minutes to get there.” He said, ready to take off.

The two get into the back. Adam calls out,
“We’re set.”
After they had close the back hatch.

Runa lifts off, then starts heading northeast. In about 10 minutes, he lands again, “Alright, we’re here.” He says to them as he hops out of the hatch.

Adam hops out,
“nice place.”

Kaleo looks around,
is this what a hero’s base looks like…

@Kirathel
The Plague Doctor’s arm was outstretched toward the Dark Man.

What they would see is the back of a modestly sized house, seemingly on top of a hill. Behind them was a small pond, and the house in front was probably about two stories, not including basement or attic, and had no other really interesting features that would make it stand out from another house. Runa opens the door and then goes to get Gridmaster. “Come on in. We’ll be heading downstairs to the lab.”

Khan stands, crossing the room in a few long strides to stand in front of the second person.

Adam offers to help carry Gridmaster.

Kaleo follows.

“Thank you.” Runa says, accepting the help as he heads to the stairs, not far from the back door. He starts heading down them to what seems to almost be more of a cellar.

Kaleo is somewhat disappointed. he was expecting a huge mansion or futuristic base that one would see with comic-book heroes.

Adam helps Runa carry Gridmaster down the stairs.

Runa would set him down in the center of the room and head over to one of the barrels, screwing off the top to reveal a number pad. He taps a couple of the buttons, then sticks his right index finger into a hole above them. After a second, the ground below them heaves downwards and clockwise some, a circular area in the middle of the room starting to slowly go down. Runa hops onto the platform and waits for the others. “You’ve only got a few seconds before it starts going faster.” He tells them.

Adam hops on and Kaleo shortly behind him.