Makuta and Rhotukas

Are Makuta able to use Rhotuka if they acquire a launcher or ■■■■■■■■■■ to have one? If so would they each have a different one based on their personalities or would they be like the Visorak while they can have different abilities there is a default power with their Rhotukas?

Well, considering the mechanical rhotuka can be used by pretty much anyone who can hold one, I’m certain the answer is yes. It’s like a gun. As long as you can pull the trigger, you can use a gun. Again, considering the interaction between the artificial launchers and the Dark Hunters, each of which develop a different rhotuka power, again I believe the answer is yes. Considering the wide range of mutants and species in the Dark Hunters, it would be strange for them to be the exception. Also, the Makuta made the visorak, why would the makuta made the visorak, and by extension invented the natural Rhotuka spinner. It wouldn’t surprise me if they invented the artificial rhotuka as well.

(I’ll fact check this soon. I’m on mobile, and it’s hard to research on mobile. Expect an edit)

2 Likes

Also in the description of Rhotuka it is mentioned that they are "unique’’ (not exactly unique necessarily but the user chooses it’s power based on personality and other factors like being a Toa) to the user unless it’s a less sentient rahi like the Visorak which have a standard power for their species. Also given how it’s implied that Rhotuka are essentially an ability anyone can use if they learn how it’s extremely likely the Makuta could use one and if for some reason they couldn’t the Shadow Hand Absorption ability likely would allow them to.

1 Like

But since the Makuta were made for a specific purpose to create rahi it is possible they have a specific Rhotuka to help them in a manner such as making liquid Protodermis or viruses or possibility a mutation Rhotuka to help them in creating rahi.

1 Like

Maybe, but you’ve got to remember, Makuta are Saipent, they can think and reason similar to toa, vortixx, various Dark Hunters, etc. Considering that the other Saipent species have Rhotuka unique to them, It would stand to reason that the Makuta would be similar. So, maybe if a given Makuta really enjoyed creating Rahi, he would develop a Rhotuka that assisted him in that goal. Same for a Makuta that enjoyed fighting on a battlefield, they would mostly likely develop a Rhotuka that assists with that.

Then again, I’m making the leap here that the Rhotuka are developed in correlation with the users personality (the Rahaga and Dark Hunters would indicate so, and even Roodaka’s to a degree) but there is no solid proof of this.