"Makuta Building Contest" W.I.P.s and Finished Creations Topic

tfw we only had two moc contests, both for bad guys.

4 Likes

Yeah I think they should have set a contest to make a hero, would have resulted in some really interesting builds

2 Likes

okay, I had already decided to put it up on Lego ideas but Iā€™m still counting up the pieces, and making a tutorial at the same time.(the tutorial would be a goal for it) So far, I have only finished the base with 628 pieces.

A question I would like to know is would you guys support it when I put it up?
Imgur

1 Like

Im sorry but lego Idea policies wont allow that to become a set

the rules state that your allowed to submit a project, if itā€™s based on one of Legoā€™s original properties, it will have a lower chance of becoming an actual set. Notice how they never said that ideas based on their original properties would not be accepted. I know these things. If you want to look at the rules, Hereā€™s the link:

1 Like

I read the guidelines and this is one that sticks out:
"

Please only suggest new ideas. No projects to ā€œbring backā€ old LEGO sets.
Donā€™t submit projects requesting we re-release or ā€œbring backā€ discontinued LEGO products or themes in their original form, and donā€™t submit projects that are ā€œmodifications,ā€ ā€œimprovements,ā€ or ā€œexpansion setsā€ to existing or past LEGO sets. If youā€™re submitting a project based on a discontinued LEGO theme or brand (for example Blacktron or Octan), it must be your own new, creative work.

TL;DR: They allow discontinued theme if the concept and model is original enough.
But even if it pass all stages to production, what will the final product look like? Lego is likely going to scrap the 2016 molds next year and bringing it back will cost more to the part where they will never accept another constraction base Idea ever again.

4 Likes

I doubt they would scrap the mold so soon. We saw a HF mold in 2016, when it was last seen 2014. I doubt they would scrap them so soon.

I know, my makuta moc is not supposed to be an expansion to the bionicle line, it was never intended to be one. The only reason that I would be submitting it would be so that we can finally get an official Makuta set. We never had lego ideas during G1ā€™s end times but we do for G2ā€™s end. The final wave of sets for G1 was only because employees at lego wanted to give Bionicle one last wave of sets to end the line.
So, in a way, I am trying to be like those employees (although I never thought of it like that until I typed this message)

Edit:
http://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/view-entry?c_id={00A66255-0F67-490B-97E3-3FCD9CF12314}&a_id=07e9f2e6-7434-4ad0-9a58-120cac5dd092&sortEntry=true
Thereā€™s the link to my entry. Now look at it, does it look like any Makutaā€™s you have ever seen before? (I donā€™t mean shape, I mean the whole look altogether)
I consider it to be the closest to being original while still giving off the Makuta feeling while still using only pieces made today.
If itā€™s not original, then I donā€™t know what is.

Edit:
Note, how original I have said that my entry is, is just my opinion. If you have any criticism for it, please say it. I am always interested in what others think about my creations.

IMO your Makuta looks very messy with all the armor add ons , and I think people wouldnā€™t be really happy if a offical Makuta set was basically a Scorpion King

3 Likes

I donā€™t know where you got scorpion but the animals involved with the entry are humanoid, snake, and spider. Also, the hands I did take from the prototype models in the contest video because they looked cool

Edit:
you could say that it is playing off of the old Bionicle aesthetic

Edit #2:
What even is the Scorpion king from? If you looked at other pictures, you would see that mine has a tail

Edit #3:
Well, atleast I tried to implement play features into my entry. With stud-shooter turrets coming out of his legs, he can fold out the cannon in his left arm, and you can fold out the cannon that comes out of his chest.

Edit #4:
They said that it has to be original if you submit an idea and they accept it. What do you think the team for Lego Ideas is more likely to choose for originality, a bipedal Makuta or a Makuta who has the front part of a spider and the tail of a snake instead of legs?

2 Likes

I donā€™t think they would want a Mask of Control squid to be one, either :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

To be honest, I was expecting a ā€œbuild an animalā€ contest this year, given the elemental creatures being a focus. Kind of sad nothing like that ever happened.

4 Likes

any news?

BIONICLE is cancelled, thatā€™s the last news weā€™ll ever get forever. :wink:

Nah, weā€™re not going to learn anything about the contest until October. If they cancel the contest because theyā€™ve just stopped caring, then weā€™ll never know anything ever again. XD

ā€¦Didnā€™t they say theyā€™d update the Facebook page with concept are and other interesting things until the end of the year? Those other interesting things donā€™t seem to be developing any time soon, especially since itā€™s been about two to three months.

5 Likes

patience is key winners will be announced October 7th
JK i wanna know who won ASAP :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Iā€™d say that the winners will be contacted by the end of the week

1 Like

It seems more likely theyā€™ll be contacted a week before the announcement.

1 Like

Not sure where mine would fall under that statistic of yours.

1 Like

you are the 0.99 % percent my friend

1 Like

where would you say my entry falls under?
http://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/view-entry?c_id={00A66255-0F67-490B-97E3-3FCD9CF12314}&a_id=07e9f2e6-7434-4ad0-9a58-120cac5dd092&sortEntry=true