Makuta's Army: Discussing Additional Villians and Minions

yeah so I have started this topic because in G3 I have noted that there’s not enough minions I mean having just rakshi? BOR-ING! so leave posts about any villains you want and soon I will make an article concerning the brotherhood of makuta characters (may be awhile until i figure out how to post images and concept art)

When you’re making a post there’s an “upload” button, you press it and you can add images

Not necessarily; Mask of Light was plenty entertaining even with the personality-deprived Rahkshi as the only real foes, so there’s certainly potential just with these new versions of the Rahkshi with actual backstories, personalities, and motivations.

I’m not sure yet, but I believe that the Rahi might play a bit of an antagonistic role ala G1, but I could be wrong, so don’t quote me on that (heck, even if they aren’t minions, they could certainly still play a role).

Since the Rahkshi are altered when they use the Mask of Time, the exact spawning of their minions might also be difficult.

2 Likes

ok at least this is more sucsessful than the shadow of umarak idea

Rahkshi are just Year 1 so far, no idea what the cast has in store for the future. There’s basically no ideas for Year 3 besides some villain (probably Annona) from space or something…

BARRAKI

1 Like

We have civil war and then year 3 will have Makuta who was pulling the strings of year 2, beyond that we have Annona, Karzahni, Barraki, Bahrag, Bohrok and I want Vahki. We don’t really have a lot of information on what’s happening after year 3…

This conversation has got me thinking of G3 versions of the Beasts, though, possibly created by Annona. I’m mucking around with a Steppenwolf build in LDD at the moment.

1 Like

Year 1 villians: Rahkshi
Year 2 villians: None, Civil War conflict
Year 3 villians: Makuta (?)

There were some pitches for the Brotherhood of Makuta characters aside from Rahkshi, somebody (cough, cough, me) suggested Krika albeit yeah, I turned his character from the tragic hero to a punching bag of racism.

As for the title: The last thing Makuta needs is a army. He’s a manipulator. And we really don’t want the classical good vs bad guy army beating each other in the final fight. I’ll take Rahkshi over that any day.

Few well developed villians > Faceless army of minions

4 Likes

This is the perfect summary of Makuta in my opinion, he owns no armies of his own, he can just manipulate to take control of whatever he wants, he himself is powerful but he doesn’t need an army and the Rahkshi are minions enough.

Perhaps me and @A2B2C2 could work some Makuta characters in a pitch for you Ant.

2 Likes

@Kardax and @AntrozT6
Is there any villain (yet) who would use an army? I suppose you could kind of count year 2 Kopaka as one, but he really is only a manipulated hero, so not really a true villain. I always imagined Ekimu as not a villain, but a lazy hero who does nothing, so why would he need an army? So would Annona or Karzahni perhaps use an army? I’m just thinking out loud here…

1 Like

Annona would try and gain influence over the Vo-Matoran so I don’t think she’d need them, but maybe she would have lightning elementals or maybe Karzahni needs one.

The only villians who ever used an army in G1 were the Barraki. And perhaps the Skrall.

No other villians ever used something remotely similar to a true army, it was always either: A brotherhood, an order, a group of champions or wild animals (Vorox)

So I guess there lies your answer. @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister

I think it would be a cool idea if some cult members besides the Rahkshi aren’t frozen, so the Rahkshi still have some minions

1 Like

If I may, concerning Year 3;
I had posted this pitch proposing the idea of Shadow Toa being used in Makuta’s final fight. @IllustriousVar (and I guess some other cast members) seemed to be for the pitch’s core idea for Year 3. I don’t know if the Shadow Toa concept was for the whole year or just the final fight; heck, I don’t even know if it’s still on the table. But yeah, just wanted to put this out there.
Makuta is a behind-the-scenes villain who’s mostly ambivalent but is doing bad things. He definitely doesn’t need an army at his disposal, nor a super powered up final boss form.

1 Like

I love that art so much!

Now that I think about it, the only time we will see armies are in year 2. I am not sure what to think about this. Maybe not an army but unspeakable horrors? Not sure, Makuta is portrayed, mainly, as a manipulator. So could easily have someone else’s army fight for him. It is important to note though, latest cannon suggest that the cast are fond of the idea of having the corruption of the elemental powers be the reason for the Rakshi mutations.

Either way, I personally want a Makuta army to play with. However, I am not sure if the story will allow for such a thing to exist. The next best thing is having a bunch of people with corrupted elemental powers form a sort of army to fight. Either way, we already have and army rallied by the regions fighting a civil war. It would make an interesting plot twist if suddenly a portion of each army turns against them and they have to unite to survive.

Perhaps the corrupted elemental powers don’t always have to be in the sense of their powers evolving into something else entirely, but could be something that branches off from pre-existing forms

Take Avatar the Last Airbender for example, where we have techniques such as Bloodbending, a powerful, but taboo style that branched off of the existing waterbending styles. Metalbending was also explained as being a feat possible by earthbenders, but only if a certain amount of earth still existed within the metal itself and wasn’t “purified” like platinum.

Perhaps corrupted element users in Bionicle could also be something like rogue Nahoans who drown their enemies on land by surrounding the victim’s head in a sphere of water? Or maybe Mangaians who have honed their fire powers to a point where they can vaporize an enemy where he stands?

ok maybe not Makuta’s army but what about anonna,karzani,pridak,kulta, or zaktan needing an army if they appear in the following years

Try to edit your comments. you can easily use the @ to reference someone. @lordvaldek671

Also, I do not think Anonna needs and army. Considering she is basically a lovecraftian entity that feeds on dreams. She can make her own army out of your army.

@Kardax wait what are you chaching on to and who in G3 are the vo matoran I like your thought here

@odnanref101993 exactly my point annona infects matoran to make an army

im a stop motion animator thats exactly why i want the skull horde as minifigures or another evil army to fight in my videos

Edited for Triple Post - Waj