Makuta's Army: Discussing Additional Villians and Minions

Not sure why I decided to call this Toa of Shadow “Teridax” and the Toa of Light “Takanuva”…they’re really just placeholder names. Though I do like the idea that whichever Matoran Makuta fuses with to become the Master of Shadow to exist as a host to Makuta’s parasite in contrast to the Elemental Lords and their more symbiotic relationship with the Toa. When Makuta does this, he has to suppress the will of the other being much like when he fused with other beings in G1.

To be honest, I love just the idea of there being other dieties on Artakha.

It makes total sense for there to be some tribal gods, in Tiro for example. Gods of rivers, trees and other animals, or even just gods of death, life, etc.

I’d love to hear more about this pitch of yours!

1 Like

Maybe this other being could be someone who actively fights against Makuta’s will and is only fused with him due to either being forced to or due to other extenuating circumstances?

Also, I’d assume the reason for the name-change would be for the same reason the Rahkshi or Toa change their name.

1 Like

Not on Artakha. The three brothers are the creators of Artakha and thus the only dieties on the island (minus the ones they have created), the mortal beings who live on the island, on the other hand, does not know about the outside world.

This is related to my old pitch that also talked about the Barraki, namely that Mata Nui was the god emperor of the world until his three sons put him to sleep and stole some of his powers in order to improve upon their own. These other gods were thus under the service of Mata Nui and could after the three year plan, either be allies to the Toa, or new enemies.

An idea i have for the god based on the Shadow One is that he plans to take over the throne now that Mata Nui is asleep and his sons having vanished after that event. Thus he forges alliances with some of the other gods so they can seize power for themself.

hey, don’t take it like that. No one hates you. People have different views on how things should be and thus some here would obviously not see the point of an army under the antagonists command in a Bionicle related theme, mostly because the foes who are meant to be just army mooks usually are not as interesting compared to singular foes with personalities. People usually are more fond of the villains with a personality compared to the large army of minions at their disposal who are not as important until they might get a name and a face that makes them unique.

Not saying that the idea of Makuta or one of the other G3 villains having an army is bad. One just need to think about how this would work and how one could make this army interesting. An idea i have related to a larger idea about the Lightning Matorans is that they created “Robot Matorans”, so these robots could then be used once Voriki has been introduced, by being re-activated by her with my idea being that Makuta manipulates her into becoming an ally of him so they can take down the Toa together.

There would also be six prototype Android Matorans, who would be named: Kazi, Piruk, Velika, Dalu, Balta and Garan.

For what it’s worth I really liked all of the Skull villains besides Scorpio…

Keep in mind that Balta is part of the council in Mangai. He’s in the first episodes.

1 Like

well then.

The name however could be like how some people like to name their kids after the other, like how royalties named their kids after one of the prior kings or queens.

So the Balta android could have been named after the original Balta from that time period, were as the current council member Balta would be like Balta XX (roman number for 20) or something.

What if these characters use more obscure names? Say the ancestors of the G2 protectors: Agarak, Etoku, Kerato, Mamuk, Owaki, and Uganu. The names sound sufficiently ancient enough and avoid making things confusing by having more than one character with the same name.

That’s a really cool idea M8

1 Like

well the reason i chose to name the android Matorans after the Voya Nui matorans, was because those matorans had been rebuilt by Karzahni, and given how people still likes to connect the lightning matorans as being G3 Karzahni’s creations, i thought that it would only be fitting if these androids were named after those six from G1.

1 Like

@DarkHenrik so what would you say to Umarak as like some corruption god who can corrupt the elements and make monsters (refering to G2 wave 4)

I really like that idea , it’s pretty neat

One Umarak is the leader of the Dark Hunters, the “Shadowed One”…

1 Like

when was that made canon? i thought that was just a pitch connected to the dragons.

No, I believe it was originally @Jon’s idea when he pitches the Dark Hunters.

From what i could find it was not Jon’s idea:

So you might be remembering things wrong. It happends, especially with how many pitchs there has been so far.

First of all, the first post is a list of dark hunters being mentioned by the cast, though the list is not canon. The second is simply artwork. I am having trouble finding the exact episode they talk about it, but I remember very distinctly of Jon explaining the different dark hunters. Meso made a comment about wanting Umarak in the group, and Jon replied “Well who do you think the Shadowed One is?”. I’ll keep looking, however.

Found it! https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL05631ACF5546BB25&params=OAFIAVgj&v=9d8CVJ0ZEYE&mode=NORMAL 47:16

The cast did discuss that topic. I don’t think it’s canon quite yet, but they’re leaning towards it.

does it have to be umarak?