Malum: The frost giant

This might be my best huge moc yet…

Size comparisons:

Backstory: Malum is a species from another world, the Frost Giants. He is the Greatest warrior of his kind. After spotting the Mata Nui Robot in the sky,he was determined to fight it. And after many years of training, and tracking it down, Malum is headed to Spherus Magna to prove that he is the strongest fighter in the galaxy…

And before you ask, his axes are his “hands”. He has axes instead of hands. Oh, and bye the way, Malum is based loosely off of Norse frost giants.

13 Likes

Do you mind if I try to draw him?

1 Like

No, not all. You could draw him

1 Like

It’s pretty good, but the arms are a bit lacking, and I think the shoulders should be a bit farther apart.

1 Like

How do you like the legs?

They’re kind of thin, but that’s fine.

1 Like

Compared to the moc, there not that thin.

The feet are to thin IMO.

1 Like

I can agree. Though they are more like claws attached the lower legs than feet

1 Like

Isn’t Malum already a Bionicle set though? He’s a fire agori I believe

4 Likes

Malum is the Latin word for doom though I should have chosen a norse word since I based the moc off of Norse frost giants.

The lankiness is strong with this one.
(I like the idea though)

3 Likes

Glatorian, actually.

It also just means “bad” or “evil” or “harmful” in general.

Also the word “malus” means an apple or an apple tree. So you can have a malus malus. A bad apple.

Fun Latin facts.

He doesn’t look too bad. The colors seem a little off in a few places, the mix of different blues and then the white, silver, and black kind of clutter him up.

The upper torso is really thin and straight, so it looks awkward compared to the bulky lower half. Same for the arms.

The head actually doesn’t look that bad. I’ve actually used the same piece in the same way once before, and it works here with the piston add-on.

The feet look really unstable, though. Could probably be wider.

Not at all bad, and the size is impressive, but some work could be done.

Nice work!

3 Likes

Large yes your best no. This moc is pretty gappy in many areas and skinny in others. I do like the head quite a bit though clever part usage.

Malum is an already existing character btw

2 Likes

The lack of face and lanky stature make him look pretty creepy, to be honest. If I saw this thing stalking me in the mountains, I’d be terrified. Nice job! [quote=“SonicBionicleMaster, post:1, topic:44405”]
And before you ask, his axes are his “hands”
[/quote] Theres a missed pun opportunity in here somewhere…:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What pun?

Also, thanks! Though he does have a face. With two eyes. But vertical

[quote=“SonicBionicleMaster, post:16, topic:44405”]
What pun?
[/quote] Before you axe… nevermind, it’s stupid.
As for the eyes, didn’t notice those. Still creepy, though!

2 Likes