Marvel Cinematic Universe

Its a bit of a shame the Netflix heroes are unlikely to appear in Infinity War, i guess maybe the sequel, would be nice to see them cameo or something though.

Late reply, i know, but meh

Personally i’m hoping for Asgard to be destroyed as it’d give the team motivation, or at least give motivation to Thor, Loki, Hulk and Doctor Strange (depending on how much of a role he has in Ragnarok). It’d also be something large scale. Though i suppose they could easily have Thanos destroy Xandar instead.

We’re getting a new Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 trailer tomorrow, seen a lot of concept art for future movies, hopefully they end up being good.

2 Likes

This is certainly interestng, not sure if it’s good or bad, maybe a conclusion would be nice. But at the same time I’m not sure I want whole bunch of reboots.

Everyone always starts crying “contracts are running out”, but MARVEL and the actors always find a way to keep them around. RDJ was only supposed to be in three Iron Man movies and three Avengers movies, but he’s also been in Civil War, and now Spider-Man Homecoming. These actors enjoy working on these projects and will most likely always be happy to do more films.

That said, I agree that the MCU will be very different by the time 2020 roles around. The MCU will be 12 years old at that point, and if it’s going to continue, then there will need to be some drastically different things. If Avengers 4 is the end and it wraps up everything, I would be happy with that too. By that point we’d have a bucket load of films, shorts, and TV shows in the MCU, which is DAYS worth of visual content, so if it were to end, I wouldn’t be that sad.

Inevitably MARVEL will probably start the MCU Ver 2, but hopefully they let the MCU RIP in peace a bit before they reboot or whatever.

I don’t want them to reboot it, tho.

3 Likes

I don’t think this is a good idea since no one would want to see another Iron Man film without Robert Downey Jr.

1 Like

I agree. Ideally, I’d like there to be a conclusion, and other stories set in the same unverse, but mostly different characters. Not sure if that’s very realistic though.

2 Likes

Black Panther has a trailer. It looks sick!

2 Likes

I saw the trailer, and I am really pleased that we will see more of Ulysses Klaue and Everett Ross in the new movie. Black Panther is looking really good.

2 Likes

Black Panther looks really good.

All I saw was Bilbo Baggins interrogating Gollum.

4 Likes

I liked the Black Panther trailer except I didn’t really get what going to happen in the movie. It just looks like a movie about Black Panther doing some things.

Also don’t go down to the comments of the trailer, it is just embarrassing.

Comments in general are becoming more painful to read.

It’s funny how everyone thinks a movie’s racist just because it has a mostly black cast. Even if it’s set in a country where that’s most of the population.

Or at least that’s what I think the comments were about, all I saw were comments complain about those raciest comments and comments complaining about those comments complaining about the racist comments.

1 Like

People like to find reasons to spread their stupidity.

Move along and ignore them.

1 Like

Thank you, Chronicler.

I actually am looking forward to Black Panther, even though I thought I wouldn’t be interested. Well done, Marvel. Well done.

I feel this way about most of the internet.

1 Like

Alright, time to pull a Project T.A.H.I.T.I. on this topic.

With Infinity War a little less than a week away, howabout we go about ranking the MCU? And by that, I mean ALL of it. This can be by favorites or what you think is best.

Movie Ranked by Best:

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  2. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  3. The Avengers
  4. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  5. Captain America: Civil War
  6. Guardians of the Galaxy
  7. Iron Man
  8. Ant-Man
  9. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  10. Captain America: The First Avenger
  11. Thor
  12. Iron Man 3
  13. Thor: The Dark World
  14. Iron Man 2
  15. Thor: Ragnarok
  16. Doctor Strange
  17. Black Panther
  18. The Incredible Hulk

TV Shows Ranked by Best TV Season:

1. Agents of SHIELD Season 2
  2. Jessica Jones Season 1
  3. Jessica Jones Season 2
  4. Agents of SHIELD Season 3
  5. Agents of SHIELD Season 4
  6. Agents of SHIELD Season 1
  7. Agent Carter Season 2
  8. Agent Carter Season 1
  9. Daredevil Season 1
  10. The Punisher
  11. Daredevil Season 2
  12. Luke Cage
  13. The Defenders
  14. Iron Fist
  15. The Runaways
  16. Inhumans

Please note that The Incredible Hulk and The Runaways are low on their respective lists because I have not seen them.

Who do you like Thor: The Dark World and Iron Man 3 over Doctor Strange and Black Panther :thinking:

It’s a magical place.

1 Like

I won’t rank the television series and The Incredible Hulk will be absent from my film list because I haven’t seen it.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  3. Captain American: Civil War
  4. Guardians of the Galaxy
  5. Ant Man
  6. Thor: Ragnarok
  7. The Avengers
  8. Iron Man
  9. Iron Man 3
  10. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  11. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  12. Thor
  13. Doctor Strange
  14. Black Panther
  15. Captain America: The First Avenger
  16. Iron Man 2
  17. Thor: The Dark World

I’ll get Doctor Strange out of the way first. It’s a good film, but I can’t fully enjoy it because of my aversion to medical stuff. The first twenty minutes feature Strange in surgery and with scars all over him, especially his hands. I can’t deal with stuff like that for whatever reason, so my enjoyment of the film is drastically different to that of a normal person. Ignoring that, the plot is just kinda ok as well. Nothing exceptional with the exception of the final act. And the visuals.

Black Panther I basically hate. They got sooooo close to nailing it on the head and it being great, but they royally screwed up in some major areas. First off, the last act just sucks. Predictable to a point and I was often left confused as to who was fighting who and to why. Wardrobe differences between the major players and their armies would’ve helped. And here comes Dues Ex M’Baku to save the day. Totally didn’t see that coming. Second, Killmonger fell flat for me for one big reason: they never explained why they had to cover up Killmonger’s dad’s murder. I can think of a dozen different scenarios why that are great, but they never explicitly say it, which is a big problem. Leaving young Killmonger behind is probably one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen a movie character do. The film makes a point of telling us that T’Chaka was being dumb by leaving him behind, that’s great, but leaving him behind to cover up his dad’s death without explanation is inexcusable to me. I understand what they were going for, and what they were going for was great, but they missed the mark. A single sentence from not-Saw Gerrera about “You’re father couldn’t face his nephew after killing his brother”, or “We were afraid he’d been radicalized too”, or “We couldn’t allow him in because he was born to an American mother” would’ve been all I needed, but nope! Nothing. Without this, it just seemed like they left him behind to be jerks. Also, Everett Ross was pointless and Shuri was annoying. There, I said it.

The Dark World and Iron Man 3, while not being cinematic masterpieces, are higher up on the list compared to these two for several reasons. In The Dark World we get some great stuff with Loki and Thor interacting with the Warriors Three and Lady Sif. In Iron Man 3, we get a bunch of cool scenes, Tony Stark being Tony Stark, a fantastic twist, and a nice lead-in to where Tony is at in Age of Ultron. Also, both are just fun to watch. Thor and Malekith fighting while being thrown through a bunch of portals? Fun! Iron Man armors littering the sky and swarming all over the place? Fun!

I never had a sense of fun watching Doctor Strange, and my sense of fun in Black Panther was literally shot half-way through. Fun movies with just ok but solid plot lines trump exposition fests with cool visuals and a frustrating story any day.