Mass Effect Discussion

Be that as it may, you have to give the new game a chance. We don’t know enough to make any solid judgement on the game.

Besides, isn’t most every sequel a cash-grab?
You don’t hear many people complaining about those. Why?
Because they meet the criteria of being good enough that people look over the fact that they’re a cash-grab, and accept it.

So, what’s the say that ME:Andromeda won’t be the same? Hell, what’s to say that it’ll actually surprise and impress us? It just might. Here’s to hoping that ME:Andromeda will do just that.

2 Likes

Oh, I’m giving this game a chance on the strength of the visuals, because they’re worth getting the game on the strength of those alone.

I’m just going to hold a funeral for internal consistency in the meantime and curse Bioware for simultaneously giving us more information and absolutely nothing in terms of gameplay at the same time.

However, it looks like we’ll be getting a krogan squadmate, so that’s something at least.

1 Like

Mass Effect 3 should have given you Kal’Reegar and Nyreen as squad-mates instead of Ashley and James.

1 Like

How about ‘along with?’

I actually liked Ash’s story arc and James wasn’t that bad a character.

What’s more, considering the button-mashing troll that Bioware slipped in the Citadel DLC regarding Vega, you can’t help but laugh about that one.

But yes, we should’ve had at least Nyreen as a permanent squadmate, that was a really cruel cop out on Bioware’s part, giving us an awesome character, then ripping them away like that.

I mean, couldn’t they have at least given us a Virmire style choice between Aria and Nyreen?

2 Likes

I just got the entire mass effect trilogy two months ago and love the series so I can’t wait to get mass effect Andromeda even if its clearly a cop-out.

1 Like

Well, it’s possible to still be disappointed Bioware didn’t man up and be excited for a new game at the same time, so glad I’m not the only one.

1 Like

Wow EA, that was such a bold move showing a screensaver of your vacation photos to some alien planets

10/10 would watch again

6 Likes

There’d better be some gameplay next time.

My guess is, we should be getting another ‘substantial’ glimpse on November 7.

2 Likes

Mass Effect: Andromeda’s trailer was basically a powerpoint presentation.

1 Like

Well DUUUH, its a cinematic, not actual gameplay.

Therein lies the problem. Cinematic trailers suck.

3 Likes

The Reapers can stay dead.
If they try to one-up them by introducing their version of Necrons then things will have gone irrevocably bad.

Hopefully it’ll be some Stargate-tier threat:

Still dangerous, occasionally apocalyptic, but not force-of-nature extinction-level-event tier.

2 Likes

so like Thanos? not a force of nature like galactus, just someone who can really screw everything up

Exactly, Finger.

A step up from Saren, but not a race of living starships bent on exterminating everything.

Of course, if we get Corypheus IN SPESS I’m going to be severely disappointed.

1 Like

that nickname :laughing:

so something along the lines of the collectors? For a closer to home reference

Something like the Collectors, yeah. Or the Geth before we discovered they weren’t the big bads of the series.

Of course, if we get ME3 Multiplayer Collectors, I’m probably going to cry.

1 Like

It would have to be the same idea as the Reapers being a race that just want to kill every thing in the galaxy with no real reason why. Also it would need to be Andromeda’s equivalent of the Protheans “the Remnant”. This is the only way I see Bioware one upping the Reapers.

something about that last line is feels

2 Likes

Since I play as male Shep, it was a little jarring. XD

1 Like

same, I was thrown off by that XD

1 Like