Math(s) R Gr8

Have you tried getting a tutor (lots of places like libraries have them for free) or asking someone you know who understands it? I’ve found that, a lot of the time, getting a different explanation of what you’re doing can help considerably. Another method is to “cheat” and look up the answers, but then work the problem backwards to see how it’s done.

Theoretically, doing it the hard way makes you understand the underlying concepts. Unfortunately, it never really clicks for most people (myself included; should’ve followed my own advice :stuck_out_tongue: ) because it’s not really explained in a way that can be comprehended unless you already understand it.

1 Like

Uhhhhhhh…

I once fell asleep in my Math class.
But I got the concept.

However…
When doing math, normally I get an outlandish answer.
I was really surprised when I got a 97 on my Math final.

Let’s see how long I can stay in Algebra 1 next year…

Oh, and then I have multiple books on math, namely one Manga guide for Calc, a dummies book on Calc, and a Cliffnotes book for Standardized Tests.
Then my Dad occasionally lectures me on Calc.
I get out of these lectures more confused than a Neanderthal with an iPhone.

1 Like

I had a much easier time with grade 11 math, though our math programs are likely very different :stuck_out_tongue:
My school never had the Algebra 1–Geomety–Algebra 2/Trigonometry–Pre-calc split, instead going for a mix the first three years and just Pre-calc the final year.

1 Like

I just started Calc…

…it’s fun…

Oh wait, no it’s not…

1 Like

Last year, my Math Teacher was… Interesting. Since we were the advanced class, he would always use my class as an example for everything (which gets annoying; over-praise is the bane to my existence). I also barely learned anything, as he would always just tell stories about his life n’ such, meaning wee’ PluralLego, being the mentally-troubled student he is, decides to read the textbook to get an edge on his classmates. :sunglasses:

Honestly I was best in the whole school (small enough school, around 120) when I was in primary, in junior infants/senior infants sums like 4+4 was really easy for me, and for a lot of others… it wasn’t. For my whole time in school I wasn’t really challenged, if you know what I mean. Most other students were just messing in class, that may be why.

Now, in secondary school, I am decent at higher level, I’m around average-above average area in my class. What annoyed me was the guy I was sitting beside (good friend of mine, until we ended hating each other after camp) was the best in the class, it frustrated me so much to always have less score than him.

I’m nowhere near where I thought I was in primary school (not Einstein, but near enough to him) but now I just think it dissolves into hard work and persistence. I nearly fail every test in class, and get at least a B in exams, I don’t understand that.

1 Like

Math is my second favorite subject, and my best. Mind you, only going in Grade 9 after the remaining 3-4 weeks of summer.

Well, I just got a maths test back, for Maths today, 57%, so whatever, I guess I’ll start trying again now…

1 Like

I have reached integration. Please help :stuck_out_tongue:

My teacher told us every day that math was hard, I agree…

I’m doing geometery homework right now. It’s simple stuff: angles.
Just wait until I get smacked with how to find the area of a hexagon

Dude. Internet. Math. Together. Problem solved.

1 Like

It’s probably not much less than adding a rectangle and 2 identical isosceles triangles, or 3 identical isosceles triangles and 1 equilateral triangle…

(That probably didn’t help)

1 Like

How about this : the area of a trapezoid x2 ?
Wich is ((Base+base) x height/2) x 2.
EZ stuff

At that point, why not take out the /2 and x2? they’re redundant.

Perhaps so, and even obviously so, but i just wanted it to be clear what exactly the formula was stating.

Is this the part where we draw triangles and confirm the Illuminati’s existence?

2 days ago my teacher was going over rays in geometery and said one direction
I’m surprised the fangirls didn’t start screaming

1 Like

They would if it hadn’t of broken up.

radicals suck

2 Likes