Matoran Ideas [Characters][Art]

You mean like the sandbenders in Avatar? :smiley: Who wouldn’t add them?

2 Likes

You already have pirates though, granted I actually find that compared to desert pirates regular old sea pirates are rather bland, but I think having two different pirate or pirate-like groups would feel kinda repetitive.

Also I’d argue for the pirates to have at least a handful of crew be from other regions, to differentiate them from the region specific forces and to show their lack of allegiances.

2 Likes

I agree with the different crew members, but not with just one pirate ship.

Remember, piracy existed for as long as trade has, and they were not always on sea. But they were everywhere. From Carribean, Europe, China.
I don’t get why it should feel repetitive, especially when the other crew are “Sand Raiders” and not another sea pirate ship.

1 Like

I never meant a single ship, though mentioning that, perhaps a way to distinguish the groups would be for the ocean farers to have a single man o’ war while the desert farers have a fleet of cutters with a single brig.

1 Like

Well, Idris is a maharian (i need to change the color of her eyes) and Maho could be a mangaian

As for the desert pirates, they could exist but I doubt that they would have any chance against the merchant kings and their inquisitors.

3 Likes

Oh! I Totally forgot she was pitched that way!

Just the eyes though? I stated in my first post for the mahrians that their actual skin color is more purple than black, so that could be the main different thing about her. Or just slightly change the color scheme to show she’s “special” or “different”

1 Like

You’d be surprised, real life pirates lasted against many kingdoms, I see no reason the desert pirates wouldn’t fare well.

5 Likes

And in some cases, the kings probably use the pirates for their own gains, or have their own loyal crew they call on when needed. Sort of like the Shichibukai (Warlords) in One Piece.

2 Likes

arent those called privateers or something

3 Likes

yep, or corsair

4 Likes

Hmm. I prefer the idea where all matoran parts can be repainted except their eyes. That way If a matoran wanted to abandon his/hers region they would always be reminded of their origin due to the eye color and everybody would be able to tell where they’re from (Idris is an exception since mahri is unknown to other matoran).

Speaking of Idris, here is an updated version of her

Also, marka is now from ihu

8 Likes

Ihu - Marka
Kanae - Nireta
Mangai - Maho
Marhi - Idris
Motara - Waj
Naho - Tarix, Berix, Kiina

4 Likes

Anybody wants a Mask of Protectors? c:

7 Likes

Crew of the Disobedient (sorry @Levva but this fits better than naupari) is finished. I also made Waj a Tiroan.

Preview of the Disobedient with closed sails (my first LDD design ever)

14 Likes

I really like the designs, but how are we supposed to tell that Waj and most of the others aren’t Nahoan?

Also, nice ship :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s the eyes. I can’t remember which eye color corresponds to which region, but each of the colors do correspond to a region.

The design feels a bit blocky so far, though it’s nice for a first time.

5 Likes

Berix should be from Kanae. Fits the ‘collector’ thing. I actually forgot that Tiro was a region when I made the list :joy:

The ship looks pretty good. Bit blocky, but for a first LDD its nice.

4 Likes

I just realized that Nireta is the Winter Soldier.

5 Likes

Glad that you like them.

Eye color of each region:
-Tiro: bright green
-Mangai: light blue
-Kanae: lighter blue?
-Motara: yellow
-Ihu: between yellow and lime
-Naho: orange
-Mahri: pink
-vo-matoran (forgot the name of the region): turquoise

Two new character ideas:
-Malos and Sonna are twin orphans from motara who have been living on their own since a very young age and have learnt how to fight and survive. At one point during their teenage years, they accidentally found Nuparu’s secret workshop and began working for her. The three of them cecame a great team. They were often tasked with “collecting” the materials for Nuparu’s inventions which often meant stealing which lead to them being chased by the elites and even Rocka but they were never able to capture them due to their teamwork and stealth skills.

Calm most of the time but preffers hand to hand combat over any weapon…even if it means taking a hit just to disarm his oponent.
Energetic but always thinks of a good plan before attacking. Master of stealth. Weapon of choice: two daggers.

What do you think of them and what would you add/change?

9 Likes

I feel like that’s a bit too subtle for a kids toy line, especially bionicle,
I would leave their secondary color what it originally would have been, perhaps shoddily painted over, similar to the original concept for nuparu.
I’d also give splinter groups a distinguishing highlight, such as a rough orange stripe on the chest or mask.

3 Likes