Matoran Lifespans

We know that matoran have a limit to their life, but are these different among matoran of different elements? So far the only matoran I can remember who died of old age are Av Matoran, so did they have a shorter lifespan?

Edit: Av matoran only died naturally due to transformation into Bohrok, so that question is answered.

I don’t see a reason matoran of different elements would last different times. Maybe Ta-Matoran would last longer for the story as NONE OF THE OTHER ELEMENTS ARE IMPORTANT
######besides lesovikk

Takua, Onepu, Nuparu, Hahli, Ahkmou, Mazeka, the Nynrah Ghosts, myself… not important. Right.
Only guess I can make is that Ba-Matoran being resistant to gravity might live longer through cardiovascular health. Onu-Matoran were also resilient and durable, perhaps diminishing wear and tear due to age.

I could imagine that the Nynrah Ghosts might manufacture some sort of pacemakers or artificial organs to prolong their life. If breathing apparatuses, prosthetic limbs, and other mechanical implants exist, I’d wager that kind of technology isn’t too far out of reach in the MU.

Let us all remember, Takua was the first Matoran of all.
The Av-Matoran only transformed when & if they were destined to become Bohrok, that’s not the same thing as when they die… They were alive when they were transformed, if anything the transformation itself killed them. So I wouldn’t count that as dying of old age.

Sure, it makes sense that the Iron Villagers would be better at repairing mechanical components and replacing biological ones. We do know Krekka and Lariska have prosthetic limbs.
I don’t know what to say about the Av-Matoran. They’re practically a different species.