Minecraft

technically speaking we technically already have them, with llamas and the fact they can store items via chests. You could just as easily put a llama in a boat, equipped with chests and it would basically function as a chest boat.

Yes! Form a flotilla to rule the world!!!

BTW, you console and PC people, do you guys have furnace minecarts?

We do, but they’re really ineffective and a waste of resources

I’d rather have them than powered rails. I also wish there was a proper t junction yuo could power with a switch.

well, technically speaking they run out fuel really quickly and gold farms exist, so gold really not an issue if you can set one up. Plus Witch Farms would give you infinite redstone, plus whatever else a witch drops, leaving only Iron which is fairly easy to get a hand on.

A lot of people prefer powered rails over furnace minecarts because of that. Plus furnace minecarts a just slow and need to be constantly refueled for long distances. You can only refuel them with coal and if I remember correctly only by hand as well.

Yeah, but what if don’t want your mincarts hurtling forward at 120mph?

They don’t get that fast in the first place. Maybe a boat on blue ice would get you close to that but a powered rail wouldn’t do that. They cap at a decent speed that is still fairly slow. But hey if you want a more ineffective cart that is slower go for it.

Okay, I exaggerated a bit, but it’s still way too fast. Especially if your trying to make a hopper system.

sure if you have a constant row of power rails I can see an issue. But that can be easily fixed by spacing the power rails and using the hopper minecarts, and have them stop at the end of the track, so they don’t head back before they drop off all their items.

I’m not thinking of a loop. If you look at real railroad coal hoppers, they are above, and the carts stop while underneath to be filled. Now in minecraft the hoppers drop quickly, so the cart can keep moving, but at the speed from powered rails, is too fast, and they in order to keep it moving you have to place the rails very carefully, the powered mine cart keeps that from being a problem.

you could still slow it down easily enough by spacing power rails

The thing is, with the furnace cart you don’t need to. Plus, it would require very precise placement. To be honest, the whole minecart system needs an update

yes but compared to the powered rails it isn’t as flexible. A furnace minecart can only go so far before needing to be refueled. A power rail doesn’t need fuel, and doesn’t really have a set range as long as they are spaced correctly.

1 Like

Yeah, but it’s good to have an option. I enjoy building rail yards, and railways, but it can be frustrating to have only powered rails. That, and the lack of a proper T junction.

you can have a T rail using normal rails… If a curved rail is powered it can switch tracks.

1 Like

It can? I never got that to work in PE. That must be a new feature. That was smart, allows them to make a T junction without a new item.

I’ll find a video real quick, it just involves some redstone, tho Bedrock Redstone is really weird

here you go

I’ve only got PE, so bedrock doesn’t help.

PE is Bedrock Edition, unless you have the legacy edition. Which would be even stranger as that shouldn’t really be possible anymore.

Bedrock Edition is any Edition of Minecraft that was affected by the multi-platform update, so Windows 10, XBox 1, PE, and a few others are all Bedrock Edition

1 Like

Okay. I could never figure out what that meant