Minecraft

I probably play this game more than I should.

Mostly it’s starting projects that I’ll never finish and such, but sometimes I actually get something done. When I do, I like to think that I’m not too bad of a builder.
http://i.imgur.com/3EQ8Tz3.png

I also do command block stuff
http://i.imgur.com/WNtE41z.png
(and break reality whenever possible)

12 Likes

was playing Minecraft with my friend, and I tamed 18 dogs. They were all named after the toa from Bionicle G1, but when I had them all follow me, I unknowingly named them all Kongu. :joy: I was laughing really hard.

3 Likes

Topic revival imminent.

Anyways, I have MC:PS4 and MC:PE. I can play7 both.
PE Alpha 0.12.1 is awesome, adding in potions, XP, and enchanting, along with Windows 10 compatibility.
I have no idea what I’m on for MC:PS4. All I know is some people have no life.

1 Like

I play the pc version as I’ve always disliked the console versions controls.
Pe’s alright though. Shame it takes so much battery to run.

I use PC, console, and pocket. I play mostly PC. I like Console controls best (I have been using console since I was 3-5) Console updates fastest and is estimated to catch up to 1.8 by the end of the year. Console gets the best FPS (Unless your computer cost twice as much as a console). To be honest the only reason I use PC most is the servers.

These two things do not belong together.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Console gets the best FPS if you aren’t using a computer twice the price of the console.

but on a more serious note, maybe minecraft runs smoothly on console, but consoles inevitably suffer from poor fps at some point.

1 Like

Console gets 60 fps your typical computer of the same price gets 30.

I’m just gonna stop now.
But 60 fps on console is rare

1 Like

60 fps in minecraft but for other games I can see your point.

1 Like

Very, very, very untrue. Computers are customizable. They can run any FPS they’re able to. Heck, all games are made on computers, so there’s that.

7 Likes

If customized then computers can do virtually any fps but with a run-of-the-mill factory 200$ish computer you are lucky for a consistent 30.

1 Like

Pc is Master race, as preached by Eljay.

Pretty sure consoles cost more than that, and even then you’re lucky to get a consistent 10 fps with 200$

4 Likes

We aren’t talking about a run-of-the-mill factory $200ish computer. You said a computer of the same price as a console, which is around $400 - $500. Those computers can run those FPS’s.

1 Like

lolno

1 Like

I shouldn’t have used the term “rare”, but usually, for the sake of good graphics, game devs usually scale down the framerate to prevent lag. But it’s still a completely viable gaming platform, and can perform at 60 (MGS:V, for recent example) but it’s not my favourite. I’m pretty much never serious when i say “pc master race”. People can just do what they want however they want to do it.

1 Like

It only takes a CPU more or a little bit less than $100 to run Minecraft at a consistently high framerate, even higher than 60 fps in some cases.

Given that the rest of an average PC shouldn’t cost more than approx. $185, you can pay the same price (or even less) of the cost of a console for a PC that can run minecraft WAY better, and definitely at 60 fps. You probably wouldn’t even need to include a graphics card for Minecraft, since it’s not even that graphically intensive of game. (Probably the only reason why it can manage a consistent framerate on a console)

• $60 motherboard
  • $25 4gb ram
  • $40 PSU
  • $40 tower
  • $20 keyboard/mice combo
  • $120 CPU

These are just average prices for building a good computer capable of properly running Minecraft without taking a graphics card into account. And obviously, depending on what models you’re looking at or what places you are buying from, these prices can vary and become much lower. Assuming your math skills are better than your research skills, you can conclude that this is indeed cheaper than a console. My work here is done, any more questions, feel free to ask. Have a good day.

2 Likes

My logic was based on two things FACTORY computers (as in prebuilt) and the current price of last gen consoles. ($200 or so if you get a raw deal) I know from experience because I use a computer within those specifications that was bought earlier this year. This also accounts for not buying a gaming oriented computer.

Oh and as a side note minecraft generally gets bad FPS compared to significantly more graphically intensive games on PC because the PC version still uses Java and because it is horrendously optimized. (Or amazingly if you take Java into account).

1 Like