Misshapen/miscolored pieces

So, back when I got my Malum set back in '09, I noticed something odd:

This blue pin is not only at an angle, but the slits are not cut out all the way. There was only one pin like this; all the others were normal. I’ve never seen any other piece like this one.

So, what I want to know is
1: has anyone else who got Malum seen this piece, or any odd pieces?
2: has anyone else gotten any odd/misshapen pieces?

Does anyone have a blue pin like this, or is mine one-of-a-kind?

Also, someone should show Eljay this thing.

10 Likes

Could really do with better picture quality.
This is the first blue pin I’ve ever seen that’s faulty. I’m fairly certain Lego Employees check the pieces for defects before shipping them. My guess is they missed this one.

1 Like

oh hey a topic I’m interested in,

alright guys, bring on the freakshow.

1 Like

I had a part in the HF Rotor set. It was that little 90° elbow piece, first used on the Metru Matoran.

Ya. It was completely flattened. I mean, just squished. Unfortunately, I never took a picture of it, and I sold my Rotor set (along with basically all of my HF stuff).

1 Like

I seem to remember some freak parts.

I just don’t know where they are .-.

1 Like

I’ve had plenty of misprints. I’ll put up pictures sometime.

Its been almost 3 months, show us the pics! /jk :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Fixed title
Uh… something relevant to the topic?.. I have a blue ion exactly like that! Yeah. Weak friction, which is weird.

1 Like

My malum has miscoloured hordika feet that have a darker shade of metru red, making them look slightly magenta…

3 Likes

What are miscolored pieces and why do they happen?

According to @LoganMcOwen these are a thing.

Pic from his tumblr

I’ve never heard of these before. Is it just ccbs or other legos too?

Could someone explain?

1 Like

I assume it’s because they are trans, I think there is some element of randomness in their creation. Like how the gold to trans ratio on the weakened golden mask is different on all of them, at least slightly.

3 Likes

Miscolored pieces are pieces which had the wrong color plastic used in them. Those pieces you have there aren’t miscolored, they were used in both Kopaka and skull warrior.

1 Like

They’re pieces that were colored incorrectly and accidentally place in normal lego sets. They’re quite rare and worth quite a bit.

1 Like

well, since the topic name is so broad, i might as well include these famous buggers

9 Likes

Are those miscolors? I thought they came in the mask packs.

2 Likes

they’re rare misprints.

4 Likes

Except the black Ruru, which came with both versions of Hafu in 2001 and 2003.

3 Likes

Not sure if this counts as a miscolour, but there’s an old grey colour group from way back when, not sure why that’s a thing.

That doesn’t count; they intentionally made the grey like that…misprints refer to unintentional part colourings.

I think I mentioned this somewhere else, but for some reason two of the Hordika feet on my Malum (one normal, one webbed) are coloured a darker tint of red than regular metru red, it’s like slightly maroon

1 Like

Pohatu Uniters chest piece is supposed to be burnt orange, but too many where miscolored in tan /s

6 Likes