Mod Squad: Several Things Regarding Flags and Double Posts

I still don’t know how for me to edit old double posts that I may have created in the past and have them professional-looking there, with me in only using proper English (I don’t really like the “@” symbol right at the front of a word, as it isn’t proper English!), as I don’t want my posts to be flagged again in the future!!! Can you (or someone else) please help me step-by-step on how to do this???

3 Likes

I’m not a Mod, but I think I could help with this problem. So as I am aware, you find this…

@Nyran You’re such a cool dude heuhheuhheuh”

…to be annoying. I don’t much care for it either, as it kinda looks sloppy and can be hard to follow. So what must a law-abiding citizen of the boards do? Why, they can use quotes!

For example, lets say I want to reply to Beef’s comment above you. However, I also want to reply to ENDfilms’ comment. I COULD click the “reply” button on each and create two separate posts, but that would be a double post and thus against the rules. So, what I do is highlight the part of post that I want to quote. A button will appear that says “quote reply”. All I have to do is press that button, and the quote will appear in a new post! If I want to quote multiple posts, then all I have to do is repeat the process.

Your now quote-filled post should look something like this:

What is creative content?

I’m not sure on this, ask a mod.

Anyway, I hope this helps!

1 Like

Well, typically, when a comment using the @ function is in a contextual conversation, typically it’s easy to figure out what the other guy is talking about.

1 Like

True, but I notice that you used a quote in your post! Quotes allow others to understand the context and subject matter of the reply in a greater fashion than when using the @ function.

4 Likes

Aren’t quotes preferably used when addressing a certain specific element from someone’s post?

1 Like

For some posts, yes. If there is a lot of extraneous material in the post that you do not need, you would just quote what you want to reply to. However in some instances (such as your post) the original is short and succinct enough that you can quote the whole thing. (Bear in mind that I am not an Admin or Moderator, so my word is not law :P)

Also, I made a video that I feel is relevant to this topic:

9 Likes

I agree.

Next time I see a double post, I’ll fix it with quotes! :smile:

1 Like

So uh…I made this, sorry if I wasnt supposed to

4 Likes

Glad to hear it Wajknight!

(Yes! My plan to be the first pick when TTV needs more Mods is working!)

…Oh did you hear that?

…Whoops…

5 Likes

First you got the Hype Tractors now this, GUH! LoLz.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I assume this is not the case anymore…

It is still the case for Roleplay, as far as I’m aware.

2 Likes

How do we know if a post was flagged?

Only if it gets deleted and hidden.

1 Like