Mods To The 2015 Sets

It’s only for the friction though, right?

2 Likes

yeah, just the gears, not the torso filling

1 Like

All you need to do with the torso is lower the armor a pin. The filling is optional :smiley:

2 Likes

I tried modding Kulta’s shoulders like that. I put it back to normal. It made his shoulders too hard to move.

1 Like

By adding the extra friction? It depends on if you want a fast gear function or poseability.

1 Like

Wow! These are some really cool mods! Good job SS!

1 Like

What?

2 Likes

I’ve got a fix for the MoCr stand. The only piece you need is a black pin (I actually got an extra one with Grinder):

(just realized the pics are backwards order-wise :frowning: )

3 Likes

Except that gets rid of the eyeless effect.

But it adds the “stands upright” effect that should’ve been there from the get go.

3 Likes

no plans to change all my toa

1 Like

I changed lewa by adding weapon holders on his back and changing the gearbox position, I will make onya taller and will add back armour for tahu’s legs.

hello my windows edge browser wont let me post pics will later maybe:P

but anyways what did you do to fix your 2015 summer wave I changed skull grinders legs cause that’s the only set I have

Step one. get a slicer and a PoJ.

Step two. open them and build Slicer.

Step three, take the trans armor from PoJ and put them on slicers open bones.

Step four. profit.

4 Likes

MOD NOTICE: Since the summer skull villains are starting to hit stores, feel free to post any modifications you may have made in this topic. Also, it’d be great if you could post pics of your modded sets. It’s much clearer then text. Thanks everyone! :smiley:

Edited title -legomaster

6 Likes

My Kopaka and Pohatu are left handed, and Lewa’s shoulders are in the wrong spot by accident, but that prevents the head problems. I don’t think i modded Tahu at all. In the future, i plan to replace Kopaka’s weapon setup because neither the shield or the spear work for me.

1 Like

Recently, I bought the Mask Maker VS Skull Grinder set.

I fixed a few things.

• Skull Grinder’s Mask Stealer Staff Arm.
    I just watched JANGBRICK’s video.
    I also took off Ekimu’s third gear (it really isn’t necessary), and used it as one of the gears for Grinder’s right arm.

• Ekimu’s Eyes
    Before, Ekimu had a yellow brain-stalk, when originally he should have blue.
    So I bought Nilkuu the Protector of Stone, who should have had a yellow brain-stalk, and just switched the brain-stalks.

• Ekimu’s Hammer of Power
    When I saw how small Ekimu’s Hammer of Power was before I bought it, I had to admit I was a bit disappointed.

So I planned ahead.

Using an extra T-Bar piece (seen above on Step 2), I replaced the other T-Bar piece (seen below on Step 2) with the first T-Bar piece.

This made it so I could insert whatever long-rod piece to make the Hammer taller in comparison to Ekimu.

Here’s a picture of the result.
All in all, it was a worth-while improvement.

Heck it was so cool, that while my brother and I were battling with Ekimu and Skull Grinder, Ekimu actually knocked the Skull Mask/Mask of Creation off Skull Grinder’s face because it was the right size!!

It Was Awesome!
:grinning:

@Nopasino
Even though you are right about the head articulation, I am just satisfied with it and have no real reason to change it.

I have a feeling though that sets in the future will have smaller gear-boxes which can be added to the Protectors.
I’m not 100% sure, but I’m still about… mmm 60% convinced it will happen soon.

10 Likes

The animation variants don’t correlate to how a set is supposed to be built.

I doubt that the whole Bionicle set design team switched the eye stalks by accident and never noticed.

They likely made their eyes a different colour to make their eyes stand out more from their other trans parts.

But hey, it’s your set, you can do what you want with it :smile:

4 Likes

Well, according to the latest animations, Ekimu has a yellow brain-stalk.
But in ‘The Legend’ and in the comic of the Mask Maker VS Skull Grinder set, he has a blue brain-stalk.

Also, the Mask of Creation looks much better if it has blue eyes IMO.
:smile:

Oh yeah, and the PoS has a yellow brain-stalk in the animations.

3 Likes

I did a lot of the same mods. (Ekimu and Kulta actually came with some spare gears in addition to the unecessary one on Ekimu, so if the friction’s still a little loose, you can add those to Kulta.)

2 Likes